Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 14 of 25«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/4/2019 17:42:49   
blowthemandown

Something weird is happening to me - did they disable guests on Crawler and Abomination? And if so, how can I still beat it?
DF  Post #: 326
4/4/2019 18:06:37   
Kurtz96

Apparently there is a bug with the crawler and guests so they have been disabled for the time being.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 327
4/8/2019 7:52:43   
Fire alandry

What helm I should use for the Unrevel-ex, if I have no DC for Fierce DL?
My equipment right now is: transcedence with BoW, wings of the Unraveler, UDC, Slimy Necklace (maybe I should replace it with Squirrel tentacle if I must get a different helm?), Dragon's patience, UDB/Defender dragon belt, legion bracer, Twilly, hero diet.
DF  Post #: 328
4/8/2019 8:11:06   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Distorted Doom Visage III, the best alternative that is free.

And don't change Slimy Necklace, it gives so high Immoblity and Health that are vital for Unraveler-Ex.
DF AQW  Post #: 329
4/8/2019 8:38:01   
Fire alandry

I see. That's what I've been using.
So, about the belt.
I tried with UDB, 29 G/E, 80 immo, and 15 all. Which means -5all in the battle (24 G/E 75 imm).
I have DDB, which means 27 G/E, 63?immo, and 25 all: so the Unrevel-ex get +5 all. (27 G/E, 63± immo)
I didn't manage to bypass the healing of this boss (400% every 2 turns? Seriously!?), So I wonder if this change- which will reduce the healing, with the higher all res and less damage- will help. Maybe switch to UDB every time right before the rotation is in the 'void scream'?

Anyway, this challenge feels a little bit.. too much, for a player without DC or Calendar
DF  Post #: 330
4/9/2019 22:16:05   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest
Monster/Quest Name: The Dominion
Character Link: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=46482790
Dragon Amulet (yes/no): Yes
Level: 90
Build: Ascendant
Weapons Equipped: Sea Chicken's Conquest III w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion I, Baltael's Aventail, Leaf of Flux III, Not-So-Tiny Bubbles, Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer + Hero's Diet & 5 Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: STR: 200 END: 200 WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (Kid Dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: BSW, PDL
Notes: think I'll try Ascendant next or maybe Ninja

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 4/9/2019 23:42:23 >
DF  Post #: 331
4/9/2019 23:16:22   
CorkSulker

@Plutonium

[you're really having a hard time with dominion, aren't you]

i suggested ninja in your other post. maybe the ninja's great defenses might help you survive, but it may take a while for you to defeat all three. ( luck will probably play out when kathool is last and 20% and below hp since one of the defensive skills are BDP and one or two of the attacks may pass through your defenses.
Post #: 332
4/9/2019 23:19:07   
Plutonium

@CorkSulker yeah, trying to beat it a second time around's proving to be a massive annoyance. May try Ninja then.

Ascendant might be a good bet too though, just might need a strategy for the two.

EDIT I: And...I give

EDIT II: Might try with Ninja in a bit

EDIT III: And I'm officially over this challenge

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 4/14/2019 4:33:59 >
DF  Post #: 333
4/16/2019 19:30:11   
Realdeaal

Hey, how on earth am I supposed to beat Blue, Green, and Red? Green is easy to beat, he has low health, Red is while difficult I have been able to beat. But that little moglin-human-monster thing is responsible for unending suffering. Made an account just so I could post this, I've tried different strategies and have fought them at least 12 times by now.
Sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't wanna go through 14 pages of this stuff.
Quest: Through the Door / Red Green Blue
Character Link: Character
Dragon Amulet: Yes
Level: 25
Build: Riftwalker
Weapons Equipped: Doom Blade of Sorrows
Accessories Equipped: Cloak Scrap
Stats: STR: 55 END:25 WIS: 40 rest 0
Pets Equipped: Dragon
Previously Used Strategies: I've tried fighting the bosses in every order imaginable
Notes: The stupid Blue thing always has that shield on that makes me take damage every time I hit it. I just wanna continue the story man

< Message edited by Realdeaal -- 4/16/2019 19:42:17 >
Post #: 334
4/17/2019 2:20:44   
LordKnight01

@Realdeaal

The problem is that your level is too low. Character should be at least level 40 before playing quests in Book 3.
You have DA so you should focus to farm Destiny and Doom weapons firstly. To upgrade Destiny and Doom weapons, you need to farm a lot of items and you will get a lot of exp during farming, so it's quite easy to make your character Level 40.
DF AQW  Post #: 335
4/17/2019 3:31:24   
EdyMaster

@Realdeaal
The easiest way I could think of is to use Baltael SoulWeaver, simply use Concentration to perform critical attacks and ignore Blue's defenses. Valor Impact has high crit, so you do not need the Concentration buff. Use Concentration + SoulSynch (stage 2) if you have full HP, otherwise you may end up killing yourself. If this is happening, use Seaweed / Rotten Hardtack to recover all your HP. Invest your stats in 'END' if your character has little HP.

It works best with BSW, but if you do not have the patience to get Baltael's Aventail this strategy should also work well with normal SoulWeaver, but in a slower way. In that case try to abuse DoT of Repentance and Soul Slice to cover good damage.

edit: mana consumption may be too high for your level, so in this case try to invest in WIS or level up your character.

< Message edited by EdyMaster -- 4/17/2019 3:34:34 >
DF  Post #: 336
4/17/2019 11:17:04   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

Character should be at least level 40 before playing quests in Book 3.

That's a fairly strange notion considering new players can choose to start the game in Book 3 if they like, and finishing the entirety of the storyline probably won't even get you much farther than level 40 without outside farming, let alone before you start Book 3 at all.

Blue's quirk is that each time he casts the reflective shield (signified by the BPD buff and the popup: "Blue casts a powerful spell! His defense increases as his spell settles."), he'll inflict a hit of 100% for the first hit he takes, then 50% for the next, then 25%, and so on. This is tracked for the full duration of the shield, so if you inflict 2 hits on the first turn it's up, then the first hit on the second turn will reflect 25% of his damage, meaning the reflect becomes weaker and weaker as he takes hits until it's down to 0 and it's safe to attack him, even if the shield is still up. This count is also reset when he re-casts the shield, though, which he can potentially do every turn if you get unlucky as it has no cooldown. So the basic strategy is to kill Green first since he's the most dangerous and with the lowest health, then Red which will take longer but it's essentially 3 vs 1 so it shouldn't be too big a problem, and then when Blue is all alone you want to either not attack him at all when his shield is up (but this is very dependent on RNG, as he may choose to spam it), or at the very least simply don't use attacks with too many hits if the party member's HP is too low to take the reflect damage; remember that each party member has potions to heal, and/or to skip their turn if attacking would kill them. And if it comes down to it, you can bring a class with a focus on DoT damage, as that both ignores BPD and also does not trigger the reflect when it ticks; Necromancer comes to mind as a particularly great choice for this, since it has a passive DoT and a couple others, and multiple skills that don't hit the enemy as well to skip turns when necessary. This will of course be easier as you level and, more importantly, get better equipment (Doom and Destiny weapons are incredibly powerful for their level, so definitely do follow that advice and grab them), but it's doable at low levels, you just have to realize how he functions and work around it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 337
4/17/2019 14:57:28   
Realdeaal

This totally worked! Thanks! (used Death Knight instead of Necromancer, though I tried that one too)
First attempt we killed each other, lol.
Post #: 338
4/18/2019 7:08:58   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest
Monster/Quest Name: The Dominion Challenge
Build: Ascendant
Weapons Equipped: UltraOmni Knight Blade and SF Scythe (for Scythe/Wand Combo) w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet, Joker's Madness, Leaf of Flux III, Not-So-Tiny Bubbles, Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer + Hero's Diet, Zard Burgers+, Cocoaberry Juice & 5 Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: INT & END: 200 WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (Kid Dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: Shadow Walker of Time, Ascendant, Archivist, BSW, Eternal Epoch, PDL, Ranger
Notes: N/A for now

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 4/18/2019 7:12:11 >
DF  Post #: 339
4/18/2019 19:00:16   
EdyMaster

@Plutonium
You are really struggling in this challenge. Have you tried cheese strategies like Frozen Claymore? Try to activate the special in Argus Skywatcher in the first 5 turns, if you can not, quit and try again. If you use Ranger or Epoch you can also try to activate the special on Archdryad Malydrys when Skywatcher is about to die. Since you have double turns it should not be so difficult. Do not be afraid to use Hero's Diet early in the fight as this will be useless against Kathool, leave your potions to him.

Another strategy is to try to use guests since now that they do not affect the HP of the enemies. You can use Mritha / Artix for good defense / damage, or try some stun lock (on Kathool) using Zhoom. If you combine this with Frozen Claymore, taking Aegis (book 1) as a guest is essential.

Good luck.

< Message edited by EdyMaster -- 4/18/2019 19:03:18 >
DF  Post #: 340
4/18/2019 20:41:55   
Plutonium

@EdyMaster

Eh, I'll maybe try that out (probably not, because Frozen Claymore annoys me even more) But thanks for the advice.

May try with guest(s) though. Also, you meant Book 3 Artix right?

EDIT I: Used Seaweed (was @ like 600 or so hp, give or take) on the 2nd go-round with Artix and Zhoom. Also switched from Ultra OmniKnight Blade w Blade of Awe shown after Archdryad was down to Isandel w Ice Sycthe shown against Skywatcher. Artix and Mirtha were a bust the 1st go-round. And I was using BSW both times. Now I'm more annoyed than before, but thanks for the help Edy.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 4/19/2019 6:07:07 >
DF  Post #: 341
4/19/2019 8:28:15   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest
Monster/Quest Name: The Dominion Challenge
Build: Ascendant (currently using Epoch)
Weapons Equipped: UltraOmni Knight Blade w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Necro Paragon Cape IV, Unhallowed DeathKnight Circlet, Joker's Madness, Leaf of Flux III, Not-So-Tiny Bubbles, Unhallowed DeathKnight Belt, Eternal Locket + Hero's Diet, Zard Burgers+ & 5 Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: INT & END: 200 WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (Pet Dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: Epoch Boost x5 then Ultra Boost and damaging Archdyard during and before my first Time Shift with Avalon, Artix, Zhoom and myself and then dying before I Shifted again
Notes: something where I can reach happy bunny status and not be in the BST until the next behemoth(s) come rolling 'round (i.e: The Spiral of Creation and maybe the Antechamber). and any and all help and tips are greatly appreciated.

EDIT I: and now I'm annoyed all over again. Used Fierce DragonLord Helm with Ascendant this time (same gear as previously stated, but with SF Fire Scythe for Scythe + Wand combo and Legion Bracer instead of Eternal Locket).

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 4/23/2019 6:12:28 >
DF  Post #: 342
4/19/2019 8:38:13   
CorkSulker

@plutonium
holy cow, has it been weeks since you posted help for dominion?
i don't really know what other advice to give.
do you have grand master sword? use it with hamstergedon weapon shown.

if nothing else works, then only doomknight is my last advice to you.(which you probably don't have yet, am i correct)
Post #: 343
4/19/2019 9:07:24   
Plutonium

@Cork

I don't have that weapon (may have to go track it down) and not sure I have enough DC for the Lvl. 55 version and I only have the Necrotic Sword of Doom and the Helm (so not the full set yet, but most of it). Thanks for the help
DF  Post #: 344
4/19/2019 9:17:20   
CorkSulker

@plutonium

by your words, i will assume you don't know anything about the grand master sword, in which case cancel that advice and don't buy the hamstergedon weapon (yet). the grand master sword is the final tier weapon of aeris battlespire(rank 20 of pvp, the max rank so far). if you try to pursue it, it will take you probably 1 to 2 days of continuous grinding (100 pvp trophies every 1 hour approx.) not including sleep and meal breaks.

EDIT: fastest way to get trophies is book 3 aeris battlespire. with atelean classes, you should be able to defeat the monsters here within 4-5 turns(compared to book 1 aeris battlespire, assuming you OneHitKO each of the 5 characters, it will still take 5 turns). 3-4 turns with doomknight.

< Message edited by CorkSulker -- 4/19/2019 9:27:38 >
Post #: 345
4/19/2019 9:40:01   
Plutonium

@Cork

Yeah, PvP was never really my thing when I played Dragonfable, still isn't. But again, thanks for the advice (even though I would've gotten the Staff if that much grinding was my thing). Honestly, I'd only grind that much probably during War(s) and just stack the DMs in the Bank for a rainy day. (The Defender Accessories and Doom/Destiny Weapons weren't really my thing either. Kinda sad really but again, too much grinding for me personally).

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 4/19/2019 9:44:13 >
DF  Post #: 346
4/19/2019 9:45:24   
CorkSulker

@plutonium

Understandable.

i just want the grand master sword. plus, because of the challenges, the need of +all resistance is very helpful(which the defender's dragon belt/necklace/ring have. at current player levels).
Post #: 347
4/24/2019 20:47:12   
Plutonium

That's it! I'm SO over The Dominion at this point
DF  Post #: 348
4/25/2019 2:23:14   
CorkSulker

@plutonium
oh dear, well sorry to hear that man.
[i have a feeling we might see you here again after awhile, dominion 4th strategy attempt, hehe.]
Post #: 349
4/25/2019 20:47:17   
Plutonium

@Cork
may try, tackling the current thorn in my side, much later on. But, I almost have the full DoomKnight set, so that's exciting
DF  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 14 of 25«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition