Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 16 of 25«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/25/2019 8:57:57   
toannghe1997

@moe you need to disrupt their order of attck using stuns + killing all 3 heads at the same time
Here's a video of TFS completing the challenge using ranger.
Post #: 376
5/25/2019 10:36:17   
MaligKnight

Monster/Quest Name: The Primordials
Character Link: Below avatar
Dragon Amulet: Yes
Level: 90
Build: Unknown
Weapon: Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals
Acessories: Doomknight Helm and Cloak, Giant Gemerald (Lv 52), Cloak Scrap, Unhallowed DeathKnight Belt
Stas: 115 END, 200 WIS, 135 LUK
Pets: Baby dragon
Previous strategy: I've mostly been playing the fight defensively.
Notes: I had only noticed the squirrel when I had fought the faun individually, and now that I know it cycles defenses between piercing, melee and magic I need some weapons around Lv 90 that aren't scythes too
DF AQW  Post #: 377
5/25/2019 11:07:22   
toannghe1997

Have you tried Baltael Soulweaver? and could you describe your previous strategy (like which class you used, how far did you get etc...)
Post #: 378
5/25/2019 11:14:55   
MaligKnight

No I have not, and the last attempt I was using Doomknight, and like I mentioned, I didn't notice the squirrel at first so I ended up wasting time trying to hit the faun and struggled to do much anything to Uthuluc.
DF AQW  Post #: 379
5/25/2019 11:23:34   
toannghe1997

Have you tried the fight again?
Post #: 380
5/25/2019 11:54:26   
MaligKnight

No not recently.
DF AQW  Post #: 381
5/25/2019 22:24:38   
moe

The thing is I get pretty close but they keep regenerating. How to deal with this?
AQW  Post #: 382
6/8/2019 22:17:07   
Cyrenius

I finally defeated Failed Doom, but I can't seem to get past Sinnocence. Was Epoch recently nerfed? I can't seem to get it to work properly if it's supposed to deal uber damage. And I tried Baltael's Soulweaver but quickly got bored of it, it was taking forever and I was getting nowhere fast.

Is there a way to load two Doom Knight character guests with ice weapons equipped?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 383
6/10/2019 23:50:38   
Ultima29

How can I properly use Eternal Epoch?
Are there any inn challenges it struggles with?
Any other general advice with the class would be appreciated.
Post #: 384
6/11/2019 13:08:48   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Cyrenius, to my knowledge, there isn't any new nerfs to Epoch, last was during Doom Cassette's skills release, but after that, no. And Sinnocence is a very long fight, due to you having to wait until it's All -resistance is dropped so that you can stun him and finish him off. And during that period, Eternal Epoch has two turns and a 4-round stun, so it can usually finish it off easily at that point.

Ultima29, the only inn challenges Epoch has problem with are Roirr (due to fast finish that isn't Eternal Epoch's strong suit), Ancient Duo (Ganana is a hard fight with Epoch) and Leorilla (cannot buff or debuff). Everything else I have finished with Epoch, even the Azaveryan Ex -challenges.

My strategy is usually to debuff the enemy with Hex, then Ultra Hex, laser blades, combo x3, 12-turns, buffing myself with Boosts and lovering enemy's all-resistance with Laser Slice, possible stun and then just increasing my Momentum until I can use Final.
DF AQW  Post #: 385
6/11/2019 17:07:07   
Ultima29

Ah thanks for the help!
Post #: 386
6/17/2019 7:35:53   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest
Monster/Quest Name: The Kerfuffle
Character Link: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=46482790
Dragon Amulet (yes/no): Yes
Build: Ascendant, Eternal Epoch (currently using), Doomknight, Archivist (among others)
Weapons Equipped: Ancient Dragon Amulet Scythe of the Elements w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Uncharged), Crystal Notched Belt V, Eternal Locket + Hero's Diet, 5 Potions from Forum Seller & Book 3 Artix and Nythera
Stats: CHA & END: 200, WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (Pet Dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: Dratomos' Epoch strategy; page 16 under Battle Strategy Thread, Archivist
Notes: N/A for now

EDIT I: "IT'S DINNERTIME!" Beat The Kerfuffle twice with Doomknight. Thanks, Dratomos.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 6/18/2019 12:09:09 >
DF  Post #: 387
6/18/2019 11:29:21   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Plutonium, Kerfluffle isn't a good choice to CHA/END build, since Guffer deals so much damage. I don't personally use Epoch with CHA-build.

I would advice focusing on damage-dealing, Kerfluffle is better if it is a fast fight. Switch your stats build to deal more damage, and DoomKnight might be easier for you then Epoch.
DF AQW  Post #: 388
6/27/2019 0:03:19   
Rubioalto

I don't know if this is the correct thread but... Can anyone recommend me a good class for Non-DA? And also... How do i beat Caitiff's Final Form (Calamity)?
DF  Post #: 389
7/17/2019 16:42:56   
moe

Hello my dudes. Any advice on how to beat the ancient duo? Best class/equipment/stat etc.?
AQW  Post #: 390
7/17/2019 23:34:32   
Primate Murder

@ Rubioalto

Depends on your build somewhat.

- Ninja's Massive Strike is the strongest first turn nuke for non-DA builds, capable of killing glass cannons in a single turn. It also has a three-hit stun, which is much better against monsters with immobility res.

- Necromancer is a good defensive class for long quests - it has mp/hp heals, a long-lasting shield and a multi with no cooldown. Not to emention its passive, which stacks a reasonably powerful DoT the longer the fight lasts.

- Paladin is a fairly good defensive class against solo monsters, particularly undead ones. It has loopable boost and bonus nerfs, a light res nerf (also loopable), and a somewhat weak nuke that can, however, be used every other turn. The passive is a little HoT, which stacks with each turn.

- Technomancer is a good choice against mobs that use shields, and low-damage high-hp ones. It has a bonus and crit booster, a highly accurate multi and a 3-hit stun. Additionally, its passive allows you to deal increased damage the lower your mp is, to a max of 200% extra damage. That makes even regular attacks into nukes, and nukes into something quite op.

As for Caitiff, there's a few quirks you need to account for. First of all,, I suggest temporarily restatting to get 100+ End - you're unlikely to survive with a low amount hp. Secondly, use a class with multi-hit skills and nukes (to counter the shadow mechanic). I used Guardian, but any class with a low-cooldown multi-hit skill and powerful nukes works. Don't bother with DoTs, and make sure to bring lots of potions!
AQ DF  Post #: 391
7/21/2019 18:31:30   
Rubioalto

Thanks a lot for that. Now the problem i have is that Song in Our Hearts is too difficult for me... My equipment is: Weapon: Pandora Cape/Wing: Decadere Carcass "Cape" IV Ring: Soulforged Ring (Red) (Level 60) Helm: War-Torn Clan Valritch Cultist Mask (Level 60) Necklace: Soulforged Amulet (Purple) Belt: 30 Stone Belt Bracer: Falwynn's Lucky Rock and Pet: Stan the ScanOrb. Should i search something better or is it actually good like it is right now?
DF  Post #: 392
7/21/2019 23:54:56   
Primate Murder

Oh, I hear you. When I came back to Dragonfable after a decade of absence, this was the first boss I've encountered. I spent several weeks leveling up, reviewing the story, getting my gear up to par... and then it crushed me nonetheless. Here's a link to the thread where I got some help from more experienced players.

And bear in mind that I'm only level 41, so I'm not a pro on high level equipment, but there are a few things I can note.

- First of all, Pandora uses the Evil element, which is a horrible idea. The Augahim have a 50% Evil resistance, which means you're only doing half the damage!

- This is meant to be a long battle. It took me 5 hp potions, 2 mana potions and 70 minutes to finish the battle. It's my suggestion to use the Twilly guest from Falconreach - he has a reasonably poweful, fairly strong heal that really saves your bacon in long fights. It's also a good idea to use a class with a Healing passive, such as Paladin or Death Knight. Since Death Knight has a longer-lasting shield, more powerful attacks and nukes, I would suggest him - though the paladin has a better multi.

- As with the Caitiff boss, this is something that requires a high amount of End, to boost your survivability, healing and immobility res. It's also agood idea to shuffle 50 or more stats into Wis - afaik, there's no f2p way to increase your number of mp potions.

- Focus on killing the Augahim first, both in one turn if possible - the monster gets some vulnerability when no Augahim are present, giving you a good chance to use a nuke like Obliterate. Spam the shield a lot - it will save you from the Augahim quite often.
AQ DF  Post #: 393
7/28/2019 21:41:26   
Rubioalto

Well then... I also have the Mightier 100K Sycthe if that works... Thanks for the tip anyways! But also i replaced the helm and cape/wing for the Necro Paragon set ones because ever since i got the Necro Paragon Armor i wanted the full set but i am still trying to get the sword... It actually worked! Thanks a LOT!!!!

< Message edited by Rubioalto -- 7/28/2019 22:21:15 >
DF  Post #: 394
8/9/2019 7:56:12   
moe

Ummmmm, any help with the ancient duo?
AQW  Post #: 395
9/7/2019 19:04:03   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Daatael (The Exaltia Tower: The Archives)
Build: Mage/Ascendant (among others)
Weapons Equipped: Demnra's Deception IX w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Uncharged), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer w Hero's Diet & 5 Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: INT & END: 200 w WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (pet dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: DmK v2

EDIT I: Yeah, I give up (for now)

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 9/10/2019 2:38:14 >
DF  Post #: 396
9/9/2019 12:44:50   
Rubioalto

I need help with The Exaltia Tower: The Antechamber because i can't defeat Mahanaem / Samaranth. Equipment: Weapons: Transcendence/Valourous Twin Blades of Glory/Thorn Replica IV. Armor: Necro Paragon Armor. Cape: Necro Paragon Cape III. Helm: Necro Paragon Helm III/Larein's Helm IV. Necklace:Soulforged Amulet (Purple). Belt: 30 Stone Belt. Pet: Miniphage/Stan the ScanOrb. Trinket: No.
DragonAmulet: No. Stats: STR/INT: 0 DEX:75 (Since my base class is a Rouge and I only use Scythes...)
CHA: 45 LUK: 0 END/WIS:100. Guests: Any that doesn't require DragonAmulet. Should I improve something?
DF  Post #: 397
9/9/2019 18:28:35   
EdyMaster

@Rubioalto
You didn't say your level, but I imagine you are between 60-70. That way I suggest you finish at least level 70 to get better equipment. I can't tell you any specific strategy but I imagine that increasing your resistance against Evil/Good is a good way. You can use the following equipment:

Weapon: Ultra OmniKnight Blade > Transcendence
Helm: White/Black Magester Veil V
Cape: Wings of The Thousand Flames (very rare drop) > Necro Paragon Cape III
Ring: Shadowed DeathKnight Circlet
Necklace: Scratchy Rope Choker VI
Belt: Crystal Notched Belt III / Warding Girdle
Trinket: Uaanta's Blaster I (Uncharged) (better than nothing)
Bracer: Legion Bracer

That way you would get 50 resis to Good / Evil (43 without Wings of The Thousand Flames) and the fight would surely be easier. You can also try using BSW as a class and see how it works. I also suggest that you change your stats, if you don't use Rogue a lot it's better to have 200 STR / 150 END (some points in WIS if necessary), it will work a lot better (but you will need to swap the Daggers for Swords). If you prefer BSW, 200 INT fits better.
DF  Post #: 398
9/9/2019 22:59:16   
Rubioalto

Oh sorry I didn't say my level, Actually rn I'm level 65. Also thanks for the tip! Also... Since this Friday is 13th... Do we actually get a war?

< Message edited by Rubioalto -- 9/9/2019 23:09:08 >
DF  Post #: 399
9/10/2019 7:37:35   
zzzzmochi

quote:

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Daatael (The Exaltia Tower: The Archives)
Build: Mage/Ascendant (among others)
Weapons Equipped: Demnra's Deception IX w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Uncharged), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer w Hero's Diet & 5 Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: INT & END: 200 w WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (pet dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: DmK v2

EDIT I: Yeah, I give up (for now)

Class: Pirate
Equipments: Best in Slot
Trinket: Not So a tiny Bubbles(Recommended), otherwise Elemental Unity

Pet: Dragon (200 Magic, Mischief and Fighting. Prioritise in this order)
Hero stats: 200 CHA, 200 END 45 INT(I always go for 200 CHA, 180 END and 65 INT though)
Guests: Artix&Nythera

Strategy:

Positive stat boost in order=
MPM
All resist
Bonus
Damage
The rest do not matter as much.

Negative stat boost that you want to avoid(highest=worst)
MPM(melee/pierce or pierce/magic)
BPD(block/parry or parry/dodge)
All resist
Damage/Bonus

The rest do not matter as much.

I beat it even with these debuffs:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618080421409718293/620554493620125707/Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-21-34-63.png (crit up)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618080421409718293/620554647861723137/Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-23-28-28.png (All resist)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618080421409718293/620556421792137236/Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-30-25-00.png (One of the screenshots that shows it had 25 all resist from the buff. -25 because of sundered armor)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618080421409718293/620554916947296266/Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-26-37-16.png (Life steal, not too bad)

Proof of victory: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618080421409718293/620557257452552192/Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-40-21-15.png (killing blow)

My guests were near death because I only used the magic skills on pet dragon and did not use the trinket, Not So Tiny Bubbles.

You should be full health/mana before the boss fight as you will be using plunder on the foes. Using a Potion(mp/hp) out of battle will also heal your guests hp/mp.

Notes:
The boss rotates between Celestial/Infernal Wind that last for 4 turns. On the 6th turn, the boss will activate that skill again, never the same as the previous. Celestial Wind revives the guards/sentries and buffs its MPM, not worth to attack it during this time. You can use Not So Tiny Bubbles on it if you have.

Take out the guards/sentries first. Stun one with your pirate triple hit stun. Use elemental supernova on the infernal guard/sentry and burst it down. Do not kill it on the first turn. If the boss uses Celestial Wind first, it is easier. Otherwise keep blinding him as much as you can(-100 at least. Do not waste all your blind on one turn. Stack with your pet dragon and Nythera if you do not have any up on your hero.

After taking down both guards/sentries, you should still make sure it has enough blind. You can now open up with Plunder. Make sure to blind/reduce damage when it runs out. Keep on playing defensively. When the boss revive with Celestial Wind, the foes should be only at half health. Take them down immediately.

Repeat this and you should win easily.
(If the boss uses Celestial Wind first, it is basically free win)

For the one where I used all 600 points in dragon and Not So Tiny Bubbles trinket: https://imgur.com/MOHgnLK.png (it is much cleaner)

I hope this helps you, sir.

*hugs*

:]

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 9/11/2019 4:35:58 >
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 16 of 25«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition