Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 18 of 25«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/15/2019 16:57:09   
Rubioalto

Does somebody know the best weapon set for level 75 that doesn't require DA?
DF  Post #: 426
11/23/2019 0:54:31   
Primate Murder

The new Greenguard Alliance arc promises to be interesting, and I'm trying to fast-forward my alt through Sulen'eska quests to try out a different faction.

Unfortunately, the Escape from Espina Rosa boss fight has me completely stumped. Bradley gives a huge defensive boost to himself and his allies that makes fighting him borderline impossible for a low level character. To make matters worse, he has 80 Immobility Res, so stuns are not an option.

Please, share your sage advice with this lowly one!

P.S. I'm a lvl 12 Ascendant.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 11/23/2019 0:55:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 427
11/24/2019 20:55:49   
  Starflame13

I did that fight at level 14 - but I had to resort to using Doomknight, which may not be an option for you.

I'd recommend not even bothering with stunning Bradley and focusing on shielding whenever possible. It's also not a bad idea to break and train up health potions, which may give you a level or two in the process. If you have your pet dragon, bring them along and see if you can feed them a bit in the Protection to give yourself a bit of bonus healing. Beyond that, Escape *does* allow you to bring guests with you - I brought Rolith, as he had a stun, and Nythera, as she has a lot of multi-hit/damage/self-sustaining potential, but I know other people have different guest preferences.

Best of luck!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 428
11/25/2019 13:22:47   
Primate Murder

I checked out the strategy guide and it says that Necromancer is the best class to deal with the fight. Is it still true? A pasive DoT and an autohit DoT/HoT seem pretty cool, but is there any class outside Technomancer that has a high-Bonus attack? I just wanted to double check before comitting to the completion of DO arc quests.

I've also checked out the guests section and just noticed that quite a few of them have 100 Bonus. Is it as useful as it sounds? And if it is, would Sir Leon and Symone be the best choices?

Thank you for your help!

Edit: Ok, it took me a while, but I did it with the setup above.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 11/27/2019 1:38:46 >
AQ DF  Post #: 429
12/1/2019 6:03:30   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Challenger Gauntlet (from Inn Challenge Board)
Character Link: https://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=46482790
Dragon Amulet (yes/no): Yes
Level: 90
Build: Ascendant (main) among others aside from Pirate and Technomancer
Weapons Equipped: Ultra OmniKnight Blade w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Uncharged), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer & Hero's Diet + Extra Potions from Forum Seller
Stats: INT & END: 200 WIS: 45
Pets Equipped: Avalon (Pet Dragon)
Previously Used Strategies: Dmk v2 and Chaosweaver
Notes: N/A for now
DF  Post #: 430
12/1/2019 12:47:55   
zzzzmochi

@Plutonium

Hello,

Chaosweaver does it very easily with Aegis invited. Soulforged Scythe with Ice Scythe shown. Wipe all the other enemies with Empowered Gambit and Untangle (Uragiri equipped).

200 INT 200 END 45 LUK | 200 Mischief 200 Assistance 200 Magic

Skill rotation assuming if Verlyrus heals on his first turn:

Empowered Vengeance > Tickles > Ice resist debuff

Empowered Gambit&Untangle > Power boost buff > Attack

Empowered Soul Shred > Elemental Supernova > Attack

Any attack and he should be dead.

Skill rotation if Verlyrus does not heal on his first turn:

Empowered Vengeance > Tickles > Ice resist debuff

Empowered Gambit&Soul Assault > Power boost buff > Attack

Untangle > Elemental Supernova > Shield

Empowered Soul Shred > Primal Fury > Attack

Soul Slice > Attack > Attack

Any skill should kill him from here. This worked for me, I hope it helps you too!

:-]

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 12/1/2019 12:48:58 >
Post #: 431
12/7/2019 23:37:12   
Primate Murder

Merged Akriloth from the Frostval Book Chapter 9 is giving me quite a bit of trouble. It has a high amount of hp, removes any debuffs/DoTs from himself and starting from turn 5 one-shots everything every other turn.

I have tried out Cryptic for a defensive playstyle and Dragonslayer for Poison, alongside Artix and Nythera guests. Alas, I had no luck with either set-up.

I would appreciate any help or advice on this fight.

P.S. I'm a level 52 DA rogue.

P.P.S. I maxed out every f2p class, but have no DC classes like Chaosweaver.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 12/7/2019 23:39:17 >
AQ DF  Post #: 432
12/10/2019 9:06:47   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name:A.A.R.G.H. Challenge
Dragon Amulet (yes/no): Yes
Build: Chaosweaver, Ascendant, BSW, Shadow Walker of Time, Eternal Epoch, among others aside from Pirate and Technomancer
Weapons Equipped: Necro Paragon Soulblade IV w Blade of Awe (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Mirror Eye Trinket, Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer + Hero's Diet & 5 Potions
Previously Used Strategies: Chaosweaver and Eternal Epoch (using Blue's Rotation on Page 11)
Notes: N/A for now
DF  Post #: 433
12/10/2019 9:23:00   
Dratomos
Helpful!

@Plutonium, can you be more specific which A.A.R.G.H. challenge is a problem? Or how to do them quickly?
DF AQW  Post #: 434
12/10/2019 11:06:06   
Plutonium

@Dratomos: mainly beating them quickly.
DF  Post #: 435
12/10/2019 13:00:36   
Dratomos
Helpful!

@Plutonium, well to my knowledge, there isn't that one class that will defeat all of the challenges quickly. DoomKnight, Technomancer and Chaosweaver are maybe the best choices. Your equipment seems fine for most of the challenges. What I would tell you is that if you have a lot of gold, skip challenges that take long time (for example Sinnocence) by going back to the character page and trying again.
DF AQW  Post #: 436
12/10/2019 13:37:31   
Plutonium

@Dratomos: I'll try that, thanks.
DF  Post #: 437
12/10/2019 14:50:02   
Necromencer

From my experience, the dragons, Cauldron Sisters, Jack, Theano and Crawler are be easy. Leorilla can be beaten with just attack and occasional healing. Centaur, Meowphant, Caitiff, Emperor, Unraveler, and Magester are doable with most classes but requires attention. Uthuluc, Dave and Archdryad should be beatable but requires effort and can go wrong if you aren't careful. Roirr is hard to do consistently but the fight is so quick you might as well give it a shot. Everyone either takes too long, or requires a specific setup and are not worth it. Keep in mind I did these with Dmk.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 438
12/10/2019 20:16:34   
Plutonium

Eh, not sure I've got THAT much patience. I'm still trying to successfully beat The Apex.

EDIT I: Beat The Apex and honestly, Uragiri's not worth all that aggravation (for me anyways)

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 12/12/2019 6:47:26 >
DF  Post #: 439
12/11/2019 4:37:51   
toannghe1997

@Primate Murder Are you talking about the normal battle or the challenge one? Either way, The only thing that you need to do is to save the shield skill to defend against the boss's nuke. I just went through the challenge fight against Akriloth and aside from his nuke, there was nothing else that actually needs to be worried about.
The best class for this is one with a short cool down on shield (since Akriloth will spam his nuke later on) so just use paladin since it only has a 4-turn cooldown on shield, plus it has a bunch of heals. Alternatively, you can just stacking up on fire resist (I didn't try this but it should work... probably) or use a tons of defense gears (pirate class with drop bear hat, hide behind, etc...). You can also make the fight much easier by having a 200 protection/mischief drago so as to get another free shield + stun.
Post #: 440
12/11/2019 10:02:47   
Primate Murder

The nuke is the problem. After turn 5, Akriloth spams it every other turn - which means that the 4 turn cooldown on Paladin would leave me dead twice over. I tried Cryptic, but even glancing blows tend to be powerful enough to kill me.

Anyhow, I got some advice on Discord suggesting v1 guests, then beat Akriloth with minimum difficulty. I heard that armor was op, but just... wow.

Thanks for the help anyways!
AQ DF  Post #: 441
12/14/2019 3:14:14   
Unlivingend

How do I beat yellow in book 3 raven loss? It keeps leeching all my mana and dodges every attack.
Post #: 442
12/14/2019 3:39:27   
Primate Murder

If you can use guests for that fight, get the ones with 100 bonus. That should be more than enough to hit.

Immobility 75 means that with a Mischief dragon and a bit of luck you can stun the monster for several turnsto stack damage and DoTs.

Technomancer's a pretty good choice for this fight. Tag Drone Tracking increases your bonus. Sonic Boom Blaster and Event Horizon both lower the monster's Immobility Res, allowing you or your guests to stun it for multiple turns. Lack of mana just makes it hit harder.

Necromancer has a passive DoT, two shields and a life leech DoT that doesn't require a hit.

Ranger has a skill that increases your bonus by a fair amount for 4 turns and a stacking DoT.

If you're a warrior base, Dragon Warrior has a skill that gives you +200 Bonus at the expese of your crits.
AQ DF  Post #: 443
12/20/2019 11:36:04   
Shahmeer

Whats the best and fast way to get those defender medals? Grinding gets boring in war waves!!!

I am currently using MSW in war waves to get those medals asap for my unity trinket.......Can it be faster than those 5 enemies ,to grind it?

< Message edited by Shahmeer -- 12/20/2019 11:38:43 >
Post #: 444
12/21/2019 20:07:32   
  Starflame13

War waves are definitely the fastest way to grind for Defender Medals - there are one or two other places to find them outside of wars (the Dragon Bombing Run in Book 1 Oaklore comes to mind), but war waves are your best option.

Fast warring relies on a heavy-hitting class with low animations - DoomKnight and Riftwalker are good for this, I've heard people say that Chaosweaver is as well. Ascendant can be ok if you're a mage-base, just a bit longer animations. I've done waves with Evolved Pumpkin Lord and the advanced Pirate classes as well as SoulWeaver, and those all felt on-par to me, so maybe change up the class if you're getting a bit bored?

Other wars will occasionally have other ways to earn DMs (Catapults, supply runs, side quests),so keep an eye out for those!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 445
12/22/2019 9:05:39   
Shahmeer

Would someone give me an advice for stat points for vast damage or crit?....something like that

I am currently lvl 90 warrior having 200 points at STR, 200 END & 45 LUK
Mostly using MSW.......having no other DC classes

I know stat management varies in each phase for instance in Inn Challenges, just want a straight go one for small fights like grinding
And would also like one for boss fights

< Message edited by Shahmeer -- 12/22/2019 9:07:18 >
Post #: 446
12/29/2019 17:50:34   
Cyrenius

I have completed the Exaltia Tower and for those desiring to know the BEST class to farm the necessary components for the weapon, here is what I used and what, in my opinion, is the best (not sure if it actually is the best or not):

Antechamber: Doomknight
Spiral of Creation: Chaosweaver
Reliquary: Chaosweaver
Archives: Doomknight
Apex: Chaosweaver

Of course, dragon (200 protection, mischief, and assistance) with Sir Leon and Artix as guests
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 447
12/30/2019 5:49:41   
Shahmeer

I was wondering which defender item(belt,necklace,ring,elemental unity trinket) should I get or upgrade first. I need a suggestion :)
I am lvl 90 DA btw

Or should i ask in some other forum?

< Message edited by Shahmeer -- 1/1/2020 8:39:10 >
Post #: 448
1/1/2020 10:54:43   
Shahmeer

i have a question if my character has +50 Light stat from equipments,then i used a skill or something to get +50 ALL stat , will that +50 all stat, make my Light stat resistance go 100 or not?
Post #: 449
1/4/2020 4:22:27   
Plutonium

Monster/Quest

Monster/Quest Name: Pride (for The Corrupted Seven)
Dragon Amulet (yes/no):Yes
Build: Ascendant (base), Chaosweaver (main), among others aside from Pirate and Technomancer
Weapons Equipped: Exalted Apotheosis w Blade of Awe/Staff of the North IX (shown)
Accessories Equipped:Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Charging), Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer + Hero's Diet & 5 Potions
Previously Used Strategies: DmK v2 & Chaosweaver
Notes: none that I can think of right now

EDIT I: IT'S DINNERTIME! Just beat Pride with Chaosweaver

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 1/5/2020 3:25:59 >
DF  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 18 of 25«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition