Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 13 of 17«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/23/2018 14:32:53   
Randomnity

Which is faster for a member, doing Icewing with a full party or just farming the general? I won't talk about the mobs because honestly even farming the level 95 guys before Icewing felt like it was more or less the same exp as the general.
AQ  Post #: 301
12/23/2018 22:43:36   
Aggreron

Warlord Icewing with a full party is definitely faster, you get 35k xp from the quest whereas the mobs give you somewhere around 1k xp each, as long as you kill Warlord Icewing within the time taken to kill 35 mobs you'll be faster (or 25 for non-mems)
Respawn times and quest turn-in times sorta cancel each other out so i didn't really consider those
The mobs require less effort to maintain but there's the possibility that someone else might oneshot the mobs

< Message edited by Aggreron -- 12/23/2018 23:25:34 >
AQW  Post #: 302
12/27/2018 7:14:36   
Paulus Xiphos

Merry Frostval everyone!
I have a few questions here.

1. What's the best way to grind Glacera rep while Frostval is still here?

2. I'm a newly recruited Legionnaire with a large sack of ACs. Aren't there any Paragon pets available with Legion Tokens that I can get? I want to prepare early for the Dage Birthday thing next year...

3. Best way to reach 80?

Thanks a bunch
AQW  Post #: 303
12/27/2018 7:49:30   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

1. Either "Thin the Horde(Farming Quest)" at Icepike which is unlocked after finishing the quests there, the Chained Kezeroth Boss quest (if you can find a group to kill him quickly), or the quest where you kill 5 Frozen Moglins. The latter option is mostly just if you are lazy and/or lower leveled, the prior 2 options should get you to rank 10 quicker.

2. The Shogun Paragon Pet returns every year for Dage's Birthday, costs 2k LTs instead of 2k ACs and is one of the best Paragon Pets you can get. Just stack up at least 2k LTs for March, then get the Shogun Paragon Pet and your LT gains will increase tremendously.
This one also returns every year for ACs, but it should be a little slower than Shogun paragon if I remember correctly, plus you save the 2k ACs by getting Shogun instead of that one.
Shogun Paragon also returns for ACs, apparently, but I still find it a waste if you can just farm up 2k LTs anyways, which with Dreadrock isn't that hard of a task, especially when you have several months to prepare.

3. Assuming you are already level 55 or higher, you can do the Icewing General quest in Icestormarena and once you reach level 75, move on to the Icewing Terrors

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 12/27/2018 8:09:39 >
AQW  Post #: 304
12/27/2018 8:09:33   
Paulus Xiphos

Thanks

ill try to max out Glacera while the boost lingers.
Guess I'm stuck doing /dreadrock for the LTs
Currently level 74.
AQW  Post #: 305
12/27/2018 17:00:47   
darkknight skull

Iím currently attempting to farm for Void Highlord. I already bought the two Void Crystals, so I just need to finish the Highlord Challenge Quest 15 times, now. What is the quickest way to earn gold?
Post #: 306
12/27/2018 20:23:35   
  Shadowhunt
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

I'm partial to the Vorpal Bunny myself, though that's not affected by a gold boost and is most effective if you actually own it yourself. If you're going for the Roents, though, worry about the gold last. You'll probably get most, if not all, of the gold you need for a turn-in just in the process of farming all the other stuff. You can also take a look at the Gold section of the farming guide to see if any of the methods there tickle your fancy.
AQ AQW  Post #: 307
1/18/2019 20:16:27   
you stop

I died reading the quest requirements for the new ENNH quests. 90 Bloodgems per item. 9 items. Dead. Asuka must've had fun with this quest
AQW  Post #: 308
1/18/2019 20:27:52   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

What in the world. 2 uni 13s, 90 bloodgems, tainted gem, non-mem voucher, and some random (maybe 1% drop) from Aisha's drake.

Does Asuka even know what it means to farm blood gems? Even with a powerful farming pet blood gems aren't easy to get!

Great. Wonderful. So after all our complaints of "too much RNG" from Nulgath quests, those were cut and instead well . . .

EDIT: Oh wait there's another alternative but it requires 1 uni 13, 75 tainted gems, 75 diamonds of nulgath, 1 member voucher, 100 gems of nulgath, 1000 approvals, and the aisha's drake drop.

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 1/18/2019 20:45:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 309
1/18/2019 21:08:06   
you stop

The 2nd quest has an extra cape so I guess that's more worth doing?
AQW  Post #: 310
1/18/2019 21:48:22   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Oh I didn't notice that.

Side note, looks like the two weapons and the pet in the elite void quest have both disappeared. Looks like AE just remembered the swords and the sword pet were supposed to be for the hardcore quests

If I got the Void Warlock armor and one other item from the two quests, I would effectively blow through my entire stock of Nulgath reagents

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 1/18/2019 22:19:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 311
1/19/2019 1:43:25   
Veya

That's... actually shocking, 450 Blood Gems for the entire set(550 if you count ENNH itself, which I don't cuz I've had it for years) is ridiculous and I know I will farm it all, but I think trying to do this one without a farming pet goes with non-SDKA NSoD for "Things only someone clinically insane would do".

I suppose it is actually fitting it came out today, because I finished getting all non-rare/seasonal AC tagged items in the game this morning(I intent to get the Seasonal stuff that I am missing as they come along), and the game drops this *bombshell* right on my lap... time to get to work, I guess... to think I am farming this entire set for the explicit purpose of banking it...
AQW  Post #: 312
1/19/2019 10:29:30   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

I really don't want to spend all my hard earned reagents for one item but this is getting pretty tempting to look at . . .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 313
1/19/2019 10:40:03   
  Shadowhunt
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

I would like to make it clear that I had nothing to do with designing the quest!
AQ AQW  Post #: 314
1/19/2019 11:10:05   
you stop

>_> says the one who's got her personal misc item added to the quest
AQW  Post #: 315
1/19/2019 12:22:57   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

What have I done
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 316
1/19/2019 21:47:52   
Instantstrike

What are you all talking about?
The NEW ENNH quests are EASY! nah JK

the requirements is not too crazy to obtain. The only thing that's a pretty extreme here is the bloodgems, Other than that, phew, thank lord. As a person who farmed a bunch of nulgath items. Requirements is not too crazy to get, they are a options to farm on. (if you have some.)

Well i got most of the items well and ready for it, And i've farmed most of nulgath's items. The quest is fine. If you really have nothing to do then getting the set is fine, but i don't think you'd want the entire set so just pick a few you really want. Afterall, they're not required so don't waste your reagents on them. (unless asuka would. pls asuka no.)

@Veya
Yes.
AQW  Post #: 317
1/19/2019 23:15:24   
you stop

Yea that's mostly where my complaints go. I also do not like the idea of putting a non quest pet behind a 90 Bloodgem requirement. VNM is fairly easy to farm assuming youre not directly farming for it since you wont be frustrated. But bloodgems? Youre going to be directly farming it and you will be frustrated.
AQW  Post #: 318
1/20/2019 4:12:27   
Veya

Eh.

The Blood Gems is really the only part that gets me, and the part that makes this feel *really* difficult, but I also look at it from the perspective that Blood Gems have *very little* use outside of the ENNH, and I always complained that they are an useless reagent, I guess they have a LOT of use now...

I only wish that the Winter Diamond would stack to 10(as many as you can possibly need), right now it only stacks to 2, because it feels more like a hassle than anything difficult, if I had to make a wild guess, I would say it is a 25%-ish drop, so it's not so low as to make, so it's not so low as to consider it part of the grind, but it also means I have to break my farming momentum every time to go out of my way to get the Diamonds.
AQW  Post #: 319
1/20/2019 4:57:26   
you stop

ENNH aside, I want to know if an ENNH mechanic is available for Legion Castle. We all know that we can access the quests from other people's house assuming we own ENNH. Is this true for Legion Castle? Asuka tweeted something about adding things to Legion Castle so now I guess I have a reason to farm it but I'm still thinking about it.
AQW  Post #: 320
1/20/2019 20:12:07   
Veya

I decided to ask Asuka about this on twitter, and you can check his response yourself, so if this does happen, which is still a huge if, merely owning the Castle will be enough.

I could get the Castle on a moment's notice myself, since I already did the dailies for the 15 Shadow Shrouds eons ago(thank heavens those things are AC-tagged), and I have a full stack of LTs ready in my bank, I actually just might, once I am done with Void Warlock(currently at 2/5 Tools For the Job and 3/5 Corrupt Touch), so I will have time to re-farm my LTs.

< Message edited by Veya -- 1/20/2019 20:16:29 >
AQW  Post #: 321
1/20/2019 20:46:14   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

^ Whoa. You've gotten half of the stuff for Void Warlock. How much time did you spend farming Is AQW the only thing you do with your time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 322
1/20/2019 21:29:05   
Veya

I basically only farmed Blood Gems so far, I realized that outside of Tainted Gems, the two quests synergize well together if you are doing Drone/CVKS/any other farming pet, you get Gems and Diamonds back while farming Blood Gems, trade in Essence of Nulgath for more Gems, get Essence of Nulgath back while farming Makai Fangs for Drone, and so on, the only thing I know will get in my way is the Tainted Gems, but Drone still gives you a chunk of the Tainted Gem back, and I had a full stack of Bone Dust explicitly to be able to get Tainted Gems on a moment's notice, so I haven't needed to farm Tainted Gems yet, the only think that slightly breaks my momentum is the need to farm Approvals for every Corrupt Touch turn in, but that's relatively minor.

My only complaint about it is that Corrupt Touch also takes Tainted Gems, I would much prefer if it took Dark Crystal Shards instead, since Drone would also return the DCS spent, but otherwise, splitting the set into two quests instead of making us farm 900 Blood Gems for the entire set made the entire thing much easier, and Blood Gems are the only real concern as a result.

< Message edited by Veya -- 1/20/2019 21:31:00 >
AQW  Post #: 323
1/20/2019 22:11:03   
you stop

To be honest even without the pets, these quests synergize. Farming Bloodgems require /evilwarnul, which could mean farming for both Nulgath's Approval and Diamonds as well. Tainted Gems and Gems would be the only problems left but theyre relatively easy provided you have a VNM for Gems (which you would have if you have intentions to turn in Tools). Uni13 is also needed for both quests, which is also a requirement to farm Diamonds in /evilwarnul
AQW  Post #: 324
1/21/2019 2:35:29   
darkknight skull

So, I went ahead and bought Crag and Bamboozle since they are non-member now. The Diamond Exchange Quest sure is convenient. It is also great that /evilmarsh is still around for easy access to the Tainted Elemental. Now, What is the quickest way to farming for Gems of Nulgath? Is it the Poisonous/Refreshing Deal Quest from Bamboozle or the Voucher Item: Totem of Nulgath Quest from Drudgen? Iím not a beta player, so the undead plague spear is a pain to get; I believe that the drop rate is very low for Big Jack Sprat. I also tried to see if there was a way to convert my Dual Undead Plague Spear in Nostolgia Quest, but it seems that the wiki needs to be updated since I canít find the Undead Plague Spear in Yuglarís Dual Reversal Shop.

< Message edited by darkknight skull -- 1/21/2019 11:31:48 >
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 13 of 17«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition