Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Cancel the Apocalypse (War of the Giants part 1)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> Cancel the Apocalypse (War of the Giants part 1)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/12/2018 7:06:07   
  Ward_Point
Armchair Archivist

War of the Giants Part 1
Cancel the Apocalypse

Travel Map » Sail East » Stonerule » To Stonerule! » Riona Shadowgale » Aw » What do you feel? » War of the Giants! » Part 1: Cancel the Apocalypse!

«Scene: Battleon»

«You»: (thinking) Ah, Battleon. The town where legends are made!
«You»: (thinking) Hmm... Where is everyone? The place is normally bustling around this time!

«Valencia enters from the right, walking toward Yulgar's Inn.»

«You»: (thinking) Hey! That's Valencia!
Valencia: «You»!! Hurry up and get down here! You need to follow me to Kamui's lab!
«You»: Okay, hold on just a second!

«Scene: Battleon, on the road to the Guardian Tower.»

«You»: Whew. Okay, now just what's going on around here? Where IS everyone?
Valencia: We've evacuated the town. The old and infirm are underground, safe beneath the Guardian Tower.
«You»: All right, now I'm worried... Why??
Valencia: There's... something. Something seriously BIG. There's trouble on the horizon.
«You»: Val, I deal with big trouble every. Single. Day. I need more to go on than that.
Valencia: No, I'm being literal here. You haven't seen trouble this big for a-- Uh-oh.

«The ground shakes.»

«You»: Whuuuuuut was thaaaat?
Valencia: Here comes another one! Get behind me!
«You»: You get behind me!
Valencia: No, you get be-- Ah, never mind! Get ready. It looks like danger is afoot!
  • Fight with Valencia's help!
  • Fight by yourself!
      1 BATTLE: Kaiju Foot
      Full Heal
    «You»: You were right-- Danger WAS a foot!
    «You»: I've seen titan-sized beasts before. Was that it?
    Valencia: That, «You», was a small one. And there are a LOT more where that came from.
    Valencia: No time to explain-- Kamui and Warlic will be able to better than I, anyway. Now, come on!!

«Scene: Kamui's laboratory.»

Warlic: «You», thank you for joining us. What delayed you?
    «You»: Someone decided that their sole purpose in life was to toe-tally annihilate me. Lucky I had some heel-ing potions with me--
    Warlic: Enough with the foot puns, already. You had a run-in with one of our kaiju invaders?
    «You»: One... of our Kaiju... invaders? This is a thing now?

«Kamui enters.»

Kamui: Indeed it is. We are facing what is without a doubt our next potential apocalypse!!
    «You»: Aw no, not another one!
    Kamui: Warlic and I have been putting our heads together trying to locate the source of this scourge...
    Kamui: ... unfortunately, something is clouding Warlic's far-vision, and my satellites haven't been able to pick up anything.
    Warlic: I believe it to be some form of extraplanar interference, though neither of us has encountered anything like this before.
    «You»: Extra-- like from some other dimension?
    Kamui: You could say that. But my scans have also detected energy signatures similar to those found in the ancient Taladosian ruins and on creatures that come from there.
    «You»: The continent destroyed when a cult summoned forth the massive monster Carnax...
    Warlic: Indeed. The connection has not escaped our interest. Carnax was a titanic creature, and we are being invaded by an apparent army of such huge things.

«Valencia enters.»

Valencia: Another caravan of the beasts has been spotted heading due southeast toward Lolosia! Whoever cannot flee aboard ship will be crushed between the giant horde and the tides!
    «You»: That's not good. Lolosia has had its share of being stomped on before.
    Kamui: We need you to follow our best guess as to where the creatures may be coming from. While you do that, Warlic will be helping turn the approaching horde from Lolosia--
    Kamui: -- while I track down the prophetess Riona Shadowgale who helped us defeat Carnax once before, years ago.
    «You»: You can count on me! Val, are you coming with?
    Valencia: Sorry, «You», I have to stay here and help Yulgar and Aria watch over the townsfolk that remain.
    Warlic: I've assembled a few heroes to help you. They await you outside. Good luck, friend. I pray Lorithia can help us protect her creations from this new threat.

«Mentana, Mercuria, and Blackhawke are assembled outside.»

Mentana: «You», we're ready to go when you are!
    «You»: I'd love to catch up with you all, but we haven't time to waste. Let's get moving. It looks like we'll be moving north and west--
    «You»: -- backtracking in the wake of the titans' path as they tread toward Lolosia.
    Blackhawke: We'll find whatever hole they've crawled out of and shove them back through it!
    Mercuria: Thank you for that somewhat disturbing image, Blackhawke.
  • Fight with Mercuria's help!
  • Fight with Blackhawke's help!
  • Fight with Mentana's help!
  • Fight by yourself!
      2 BATTLES
      Full Heal
  • Fight with Mercuria's help!
  • Fight with Blackhawke's help!
  • Fight with Mentana's help!
  • Fight by yourself!
      2 BATTLES
      Full Heal

«Your party comes upon a ruined town.»

Blackhawke: By the Elemental Lords, this is Ormora! I've spent many a night here recovering from adventuring. Not a single building stands!
    Mercuria: A fate that may be in store for Lolosia, Battleon, and any other place we call home.
    Mentana: We're getting close to the source, according to Warlic and Kamui's projections. «You», in which direction should we proceed? What does your intuition tell you?
    Blackhawke: If you get this wrong, we'll need to keep looking.

Find the source!
    You are close to the origin of the titan invasion. Let your wisdom lead the way!
    Difficulty: 70
    Stat Used: Intelligence

«Scene: Atop a mountain, where a portal characterized by a stone frame and roiling colors within hangs in the air.»

«You»: I think that may be what we're looking for.
    Mentana: A portal-- it's absolutely HUGE. It must be a mile away, but I can feel the mana flow caused by its power!
    «You»: Now that we know where it is, we can at least begin to formulate a plan to shut it down. But what caused it?
    Blackhawke: More importantly, what has me worried is: Why is it not being guarded by anything??
    Mercuria: What was that?!
    «You»: Ugh. I've had a recent bad experience with a loud noise preceding an unwanted arrival.
    Mentana: Look! About halfway between us and the portal, in the middle of that glacier-scoured field!

«Carnax appears.»

«You»: Spoke too soon, 'Hawke. I'm pretty sure we can't fight HIM right now.
    Mercuria: Carnax. So Kamui was right. He's involved. But did he make this portal?
    Mentana: I am pretty certain something is wrong, here. Carnax's left and right arms seem to be switched...
    «You»: Let's make a hassty retreat back to Battleon before we get trampled!

«Scene: Battleon, where Warlic and Kamui have met you.»

«You»: So there we were, and Mentana noticed that Carnax's arms were reversed! The Carnax defeated years ago had a metal arm on the right and ice on the left.
    «You»: This one has the opposite... So it may not be the same one after all.
    Warlic: It most definitely is NOT. In fact, this is almost indisputable proof that we are dealing with a portal to another version of our universe.
    Kamui: There is other evidence that has come to light as well, as you will see in a moment.
    «You»: Were you able to find Riona Shadowgale? Can she help us against this Carnax?
    Kamui: I've contacted her, and she's on her way. Ah! Here we are--

«A Dragon Rider enters.»

«You»: Whoa! That guy's actually riding a GIGANTIC dragon! I've never seen anything like it!
    Warlic: That is because on OUR Lore, the bond between dragonkind and other races is much different. On ANOTHER Lore, dragonriders are the greatest heroes of all.
    «You»: Wait-- So he's not from here, either??
    Kamui: Nope! Luckily, some of these heroes from other Lores have managed to make their way through the portal alongside the monsters.
    Kamui: They've come to help us... Dragonriders, and even mech pilots -- warriors who pilot tremendous machines as tall as the Guardian Tower itself!
    Kamui: We'll need them in the war that has already begun. Come, «You»-- We must defend Lolosia from the army of titanic kaiju from another dimension!!!

Next: Ride huge dragons into battle in the WAR OF THE GIANTS!
  • Try DragonFable! (opens in a new window)
  • Reward Shop
    Giant War One

Shop Weapons:
  • Giant's Toothpick (12, 32, 52, 72, 92, 112, 132, 142G)
  • Giant's Cotton Swab (12, 32, 52, 72, 92, 112, 132, 142G)
  • Play again!
  • Re-Open Shop
  • Guardian Tower
  • Leave
  • AQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> Cancel the Apocalypse (War of the Giants part 1)
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition