Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Archivist Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Archivist Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2018 20:38:48   
Kurtz96

Just got the archivist class. I know it is considered bad for general questing, but I plan on making it my primary class. My main focus is on Challenges anyways and the general story line quests only take a few minutes anyways.

Any suggestions for stat distributions and rotations?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
10/14/2018 12:15:42   
Vikken101

There is no secret that this class strong suit is boss owning. However, I still feel the class has some unused potential, compared to how it was marketed.

Releasing it earlier smart move, and the idea of releasing it early and add skills over time, to get it out earlier good. However, after going through the designer notes, it seem that much more was planned for it. Especially since I got the impression, it was marketed as a smaller companion piece to the 10th anniversary. It was released with six skills, and after half the year it only got three more. I know we will probably get one more. The release of the Pirate and Ninja skill coincided with Geo leaving, at i wonder of this made it much harder to complete the class. If wonder of it was planned for, the class to only have 10 skills?

In one designer note Geo states "This means Archivist armor will get one new skill every few weeks (more or less) until all the skills are finished." Does this mean all 14 skills? Or was 10 skills planned from the beginning?

Since the downside to skills being really strong, was said to be because of the carry-over cooldowns in the designer notes, not having fewer skills. I wonder of some of the skills should be re-deisgn, add more than one new skill, or fixing the cooldowns. I am not sure if only one more skill without any other changes will fix some of the problems of the class. This class has much less versitility and is so slow on normal quests, compared to Avatar of Time and Shadowwalker. And this could be rebalanced regarding the carry-over cooldowns. Geo even states in a designer note, that the class could also be rebalanced through the year, " the armor will gain skills (and have its power adjusted to remain in-line)".

I hope some time will be given to the class, since one of Epoch functions, is to given more time for other works in the game.

< Message edited by Vikken101 -- 10/14/2018 12:31:29 >
Post #: 27
10/14/2018 13:32:34   
Silver
Helpful!

So my calendar arrived a few days ago and I played around with the armor for some time. I really like the concept behind this armor, but after finally getting to use it, I found it a little underwhelming tbh. It kinda relies on trinkets to make up for any one reliable defensive skill it doesn't have, like blind or stun (no, the destroyer's hunger skill doesn't count as reliable). Its only defensive skill is more of a last resort, but I guess a 99 turn cooldown's the price you pay for the best defensive skill in the game :P
That being said, archivist's still super fun to use. Even though I know there're better classes for some inn challenges, I really like trying to pull off gimmicks using it. Weapon special-based strats actually work sometimes because it hits multiple times and uses the attack button so much. Your attack buffs affect your weapon specials too, so NSoD's 12 hit special does 148% damage along with a guaranteed crit while xan's madness and demento's bane are active (that's 3108% damage if you have a crit multiplier of 1.75, which is the minimum). Plus, I can keep opponents blinded most of the time with the not-so-tiny-bubbles trinket, since ultimate orb's extra turns lowers cooldowns but doesn't count down turns for effects

quote:

Any suggestions for stat distributions and rotations?

It kinda depends on the boss you're facing, but my usual strat is kathool's madness -> xan's madness -> demento's bane -> ultimate orb -> spam attack button, with some variations here and there depending on what you're fighting (like if you're against sporca, throw in ash's glory in there). Since kathool's madness reduces your cooldown by 2 per turn, ultimate orb'll have only 1 turn of cooldown by the time you're done with that combo

quote:

I hope some time will be given to the class, since one of Epoch functions, is to given more time for other works in the game.

Yeah same here. The class isn't bad, but imo could be a lot better. Even if it's only meant to have 10 skills, I'd at least want wrath of wargoth and pirates vs ninjas to be like, NOT useless. I get that not all class skills have to be useful (I don't remember the last time I used my base class's kick skill) but it kinda sucks to have useless ones when you only have 10 skills anyway :/
Post #: 28
10/14/2018 19:58:39   
BladeofAwesomeSauce

Is Xan's Madness an additive or mutilative boost on Attack? So basically does it add 48% to each attack to the point you're doing 292% total damage ((25*4) + (48*4)), or does it multiply the whole attack by x1.48 where it does 148% attack? Because I was wondering the same thing for the Shadowheart Bracer for the Shadow base classes. If it's the later then this class is somewhat underwhelming.
DF  Post #: 29
10/15/2018 14:07:15   
Sakurai the Cursed

I don't have this class personally so someone else could answer that part, but the ShadowHeart Bracer's effect is additive (+50% base damage per hit) for the Shadow Base classes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
10/15/2018 15:17:09   
Silver
Helpful!

quote:

Is Xan's Madness an additive or mutilative boost on Attack? So basically does it add 48% to each attack to the point you're doing 292% total damage ((25*4) + (48*4)), or does it multiply the whole attack by x1.48 where it does 148% attack? Because I was wondering the same thing for the Shadowheart Bracer for the Shadow base classes. If it's the later then this class is somewhat underwhelming.

Now that I think about it, I think it's multiplicative, not additive. And that kinda sucks, because some more firepower would be nice to have :/
Post #: 31
10/15/2018 18:50:04   
BladeofAwesomeSauce

quote:

I don't have this class personally so someone else could answer that part, but the ShadowHeart Bracer's effect is additive (+50% base damage per hit) for the Shadow Base classes.

Well that's great for ShadowWarrior since Double Attack will do 250% and Triple Attack now 375% damage with the ShadowHeart Bracer (now reliable nukes for boss fights). Although for the Archivist, if it is multiplicative boost with Xan's Madness, that's a real shame. Oh well I'll be satisfied having Epoch and ShadowWalker of Time (although I prefer how SwoT design looks in AQworlds)
DF  Post #: 32
8/3/2019 12:44:16   
Kurtz96

Anyone have any tips, rotations, and stat builds for this class.

Archivist is supposed to be a great boss killer and I'm not sure I'm getting the best out of the class.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
8/3/2019 20:30:57   
Ultima29

Theres a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_rO2ZZUBforCXe4hsr3wQ
Post #: 34
8/10/2019 21:23:31   
Kurtz96

Are the archivist skills suppose to be buffs? Greed can't steal them, but Sciuridaehotep no buffs attack does remove them.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
8/10/2019 21:50:10   
TFS
Helpful!

Archivist's empowerments do not raise your stats; Greed will only steal status effects that raise your stats as the pedia entry indicates.
DF  Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Archivist Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition