Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Passive Skills

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Passive Skills
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/29/2018 19:45:03   
RaXZerGamingZ

This is an often discussed topic but since Nightwraith mentioned he's open to the idea of passives returning to EpicDuel i figured I would make a post to see what people think, personally I think Passives returning would be amazing aswell as bring many people back to ED and having a higher playercount will definitelly benefit ED with future updates.

But what do you all think?
Post #: 1
7/29/2018 19:57:36   
.Lord Ginger.

If they do return, they will not be the same as NW stated. So although I want this, I'm not sure how he'd do it...
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/29/2018 20:08:21   
RaXZerGamingZ

I think if he were to bring them back he should put them back exactely the way they were and let us play around with them and see if they need changing
Post #: 3
7/29/2018 20:10:00   
.Lord Ginger.

quote:

Every day I see dozens of requests for the return of Passives. I don’t disagree that Passives were useful and may have a place yet in game. If possible, I’d like to reintroduce them in a way that doesn’t sacrifice the dynamic and strategic nature of Active skills for a basic skill point dump. This doesn’t mean I’m doing it for sure, just that I’m open to it.

Doubt he will do it the same way.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/29/2018 20:26:15   
Grandma

I would like to see passives back, it was a bad idea to remove them.

Why not add the passives to the legend skills we got, it's something different like NW was thinking and it'll shake things up.
Epic  Post #: 5
7/29/2018 20:35:46   
RaXZerGamingZ

Ginger

I mean like in a public testing way
Post #: 6
7/30/2018 7:37:36   
ultimdragonbeast

I really never thought of passive being removed as a utterly terrible decision, even though they were quite fun. As nightwraith stated(pretty sure he did say this), they were literally point dump and everyone had them at max (or atleast 7+).
But i really liked the passives so what i believe they could do is make them actually "passive" in a sense that we don't have to invest skill tree points in em'. Probably scale them with level and keep them fixed for a certain class thus making it easier to balance them.
One problem I see with this is that build would be more focused around them and would more or less be similar which might make the meta more stale, but that depends on the passives and the skill tree itself.
Epic  Post #: 7
7/30/2018 7:40:57   
RaXZerGamingZ

They were always maxed out though the newer active skills are always very high leveled too, Battery Backup = Max, Assimilation = Max, Static Grenade/Smash/Charge = Max, we still dump skillpoints in skills but the skills we dump them in now are less fun skills

< Message edited by RaXZerGamingZ -- 7/30/2018 7:41:48 >
Post #: 8
7/30/2018 9:30:37   
One Winged Angel1357

@^ Currently we have too many skill points for the number of viable options on each class so things are going to become skill point dumps anyway. Even if we axed all the energy control skills people would still skill point dump for no other reason than it is a counter to Pyro Fly to have one non essential skill in the pool to be shut down
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/30/2018 10:17:52   
RaXZerGamingZ

Well, the levelcap could be lowered?
Post #: 10
7/30/2018 12:46:53   
One Winged Angel1357

Same with the discussion on ranks you guys are having in a different thread. There is just no good way to do it without pissing people off and we don't have the player counts to afford another mass exodus
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/30/2018 13:38:14   
.Lord Ginger.

^
Pretty sure you can delete ranks with a lot of people being happy with it.

Just give us proper payback for it, unlike a dumb achievement when people spent thousands

EDIT: And with passives, we have to remove all this energy regeneration nonsense or else adding passives back doesn't really help much.
Get rid of battery/static grenade/smash/parasite and then also MOB

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 7/30/2018 14:11:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/30/2018 17:13:33   
One Winged Angel1357

You'd be looking at a credit refund as a varium refund on that scale would likely not be approved by the company and that's going to be the point of contention
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/30/2018 18:30:11   
.Lord Ginger.

^ A credit refund would suffice, anyone who bought ranks with varium is weird.
ANYWAY BACK TO PASSIVES

AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/30/2018 19:11:03   
RaXZerGamingZ

for the ranks, i dont see many people being upset with ranks being removed, i'd see more happy, as for the refunds i guess a 15k per unlocked slot would be good aswell as a credit reward for the current rank you are at like 1K credits per rank and the evolving achievement would become rare too which would be cool.

For passives, reverting Static Grenade/Smash, etc is obvious (and i was speaking with it to begin with)
Post #: 15
7/30/2018 20:53:20   
.Lord Ginger.

raxzer

Yea, that's why I said it.
NW may want passives in a DIFFERENT WAY but I still want this energy regeneration garbage gone. I don't think you know what NW is going to do and neither do I, but i doubt he's going to want to remove the energy regen moves.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/31/2018 9:00:50   
RaXZerGamingZ

I think if it's what the community wants that he should do it but in Omega they haven't done much that we wanted so idk
Post #: 17
7/31/2018 15:46:50   
Mother1

If people spat spitfire at me for making a suggestion to change ranks into something that didn't effect PVP balance, I can totally see many player throwing spitfire 10 fold worse if they removed them. Especially without compensation for the credits/Varium they spent due to them being remove. Look at enhancements for example. When those were removed many people were furious and a lot of them quit even with the 30% compensation of Varium and 10% compensation of credits for it.

As for passives, While I would love to see them come back something tells me that if they did they would come back as something the masses who originally played with them don't want.
Epic  Post #: 18
7/31/2018 15:54:37   
RaXZerGamingZ

but ranks are creating balance problems, unlike enchancements if Ranks were removed it would benefit everyone, low rank and high rank, nobody loses from them being removed.

for passives i agree with that, which is why they need to come back the way they originally were and then perhaps see if they need changing in the first place, the main problem with Omega was that the devs did not listen to the playerbase which is a stupid decision to be made by any developer, community feedback should be at a very high spot and never ignored
Post #: 19
7/31/2018 22:12:50   
One Winged Angel1357

Enchantments created the worst kind of balance issues by exaggerating the p2w mechanics of the time
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/31/2018 22:20:43   
.Lord Ginger.

^ Enhancements made battles SOOO lopsided

EDIT: And quite a bit of people did suggest passive removal, that's a big reason why they were removed.

The devs just didn't finish their job with it because they got prompted to other games.. still makes me mad but... it is what it is.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 7/31/2018 22:44:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
8/1/2018 8:52:42   
RaXZerGamingZ

i wasn't saying enchancements made no balance issues, forgot commas
Post #: 22
8/1/2018 12:34:06   
One Winged Angel1357

Punctuation is important.

Anyway, if I was to see passives back I'd go with percentage based skills that are always active with you play that class. No skill points needed and from there we can focus of fixing active skills
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
8/1/2018 15:45:09   
RaXZerGamingZ

Yeah I had the same idea in mind, passives that aren't in the skilltree but activate during a fight, would be neat
Post #: 24
8/1/2018 23:25:16   
Mother1

You think people cared about the balance issues that ranks created? While some did many of the people spitting fire didn't. Especially when they 'paid' for ranks to become more powerful only to have them either (A) removed without full compensation or (B) changed into something they would have never paid for to begin with.

In other words when money is involved most would rather have the game broken and keep what they pay for than to fix the issues at the cost of losing their time and money.

As for omega in general it was hated by most because it was created for "Free to play" Players and not the people who supported the game money wise seeing as the paying player was the one who got kicked in the nads. Personally enhancements would have been a whole lot better if the person playing for them with credits didn't need to spend massive amounts of credits to get a fully enhanced set of gear.

That was what made enhancements so broken not the fact that they gave more power but rather that only those who paid with varium could get them quickly. Had they made this change along with making all gears (Both Varium and credits) have the same number of enhancements they could have kept them and not make these ranks which was in a sense a poor substitue for them that screwed up the game worse.

Many may deny it but it was because of ranks and the masses complaining (the lower levels) that level 40's player range was cut from going down to a low as level 35 to fight to level 38 while every other level still has the 5 up and 5 down rule with them. as well as ranks getting their first original nerf in power as well as underdog being added.

Now don't get me wrong Underdog works wonders for non ranked battles by closing the gap of stats between players. However, with ranks it screws things up.

So the best solution for ranks to be honest would be as I pointed out make them something that doesn't affect PVP battles. this way a rank 100 for example when going against a rank 1 will be at the same power and no underdog buff will be needed for the lower rank.

As for passive to active change the biggest issue was that the change not only didn't solve what it was supposed to do (make diversity by not having moves people were forced to add into to) but unlike with Passives added an energy cost which further destroy diversity by forcing all classes to be energy classes and making them more like each other instead of being different (Like classes are supposed to be) Passive while relied on make classes unique and make it where this energy meta was mandatory for all to be competitive.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Passive Skills
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition