Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: 2v2 ally link

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: 2v2 ally link
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2018 16:14:00   
.Lord Ginger.

RIP all the low levels (8-33) that go into 2v2s and get slaughtered by a jugg when their partner is an npc that does at most 50 damage per turn.

No one seems to care about those players except for the ones who get pissed off for playing a jugg because it’s an auto loss especially at level 8.. This is the same thing for 2v2, of course the linked players want to play unlinked players so they can kill them. This would piss off the unlinked players extremely.

Do I support this? Sure, I have a lot of good players on my list that I’d team with. But those who don’t, like the majority of people I see in 2v2, they’d hate it.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 8/21/2018 16:20:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/21/2018 17:44:53   
nowras

How about players who are linked get significantly less credits/exp if they fight unlinked players and unlinked players get significantly higher credits/exp if they are matched against non-linked players so that losing as an unlinked player could give you the same credits/exp as winning as a linked player? This way there would be a reason for everyone to play as linked/non-linked and not all good players are going to play as linked players.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/21/2018 18:22:56   
Grandma

Battle record is more important than gold/exp
Epic  Post #: 28
8/21/2018 18:29:12   
Satafou

I thought I made it clear in my post that people are overestimating the actual advantage that linked 2vs2 vs solo 2vs2 would give, but I guess people just don't read long posts. The varium enchantments in the past gave a statistical advantage, having a linked ally doesn't even necessarily give an advantage (although in most cases it will, it will not be to a massive extent for the average linked player). I can assure you that the majority of linked 2vs2 players would not be unbeatable to 2 decent solo players.

Also one thing I have never understood, is since when is balance of any kind based around lower levels? Balance is all about the competitive level of play, and all because juggernaut forces people to have a npc as a partner doesn't mean merging 2vs2 ally link into solo 2vs2 is a bad idea, the bad idea is the fact there's a possibility for npcs to be a person's partner in the first place (even if it was added for it's obvious reasons, it's still bad for balance). Also adding npcs in 2vs2 for the infernal war was a big mistake and thank god it was only temporarily. Why? As it simply ruined the entire aspect of 2vs2 being the most strategic battle mode which linked ally 2vs2 would enforce. Oh and lower levels already get slaughtered by Juggernauts quite frequently, perhaps this update would make it occur less due to the player base switching from maining juggernaut to solo/duo 2vs2.

Not to mention that in ANY battle mode players will find themselves as a punching bag if they are bad at the game. You think there isn't players with negative 1vs1 or 2vs2 win ratios, as I can assure you there is many. At the moment 2vs2 for the majority of players is chaotic, it's not as if people having premade partners would differentiate that, in fact it would probably make it less so.

Furthermore all because the ideal golden standard isn't feasible to be implemented at this given time, doesn't mean that it can't in the future if the groundwork are there. Juggernaut has been changed so why couldn't ally link 2vs2 be changed if need be.

Just a side note, it's interesting to see that aside from Optimise my post has been skimmed over, with none of it's content being addressed which I did ask for it to be within the post. It does make you wonder what is the point of putting effort in if the voice of the community, the players on the forums can't even take their own role seriously to thoroughly read posts with insight and detail to the matter at hand. With frequently observing this I can now see why the devs haven't listened to players much in the past, as it appears even the players don't know what they actually want.
Post #: 29
8/22/2018 5:15:43   
nowras

As Satafou said, most people are overestimating the advantage of being linked. I bet that you will see a lot of players playing linked matches with others who don’t know how to play. Also, I don’t really think that good players will be 2v2ing as linked players all the time. They might do so for an hour or less and then start 2v2ing randomly. Not to mention that if my suggestion up there is implemented, it will make even good players play random 2v2 battles a lot more for the increased rewards and thus even non-skilled players might end up with one of those good players and fight against two non-skilled players (which is going to be happening more often than fighting 2 skilled linked players.)

< Message edited by nowras -- 8/22/2018 5:17:27 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
8/22/2018 16:37:13   
Optimise

@Mother1 -- quick edit to say: this post is pretty much addressed to anyone who shares the same concerns as Mother1, so feel free to have a gander.
quote:

Mother1 wrote:

Everyone had different views to be honest, and it isn't that I don't see the potential of this idea. I truly 100% do. As stated 2 vs 2 has been my favorite battle mode for the longest time and even though I do jug now for quicker grinding, my heart will always be in 2 vs 2. However, me and anyone else who has caused the back and forth in this thread only state it because we want to see it done "RIGHT".

you mentioned you understand this, but at the same time conditions aren't ideal to do it right so for the sake of this idea becoming reality we have to do it wrong. That is where my problem lies with the idea. While you might feel it is needed to throw unlinked players to the wolves for the sake of linked players finally escaping the negatives of the current two vs two, I feel it is unacceptable and that if you can't find a way to make the idea be done right it shouldn't be done at all.

Is there a reason why you're not playing 2v2 anymore? Surely there must be some reason other than quicker grinding (free wins) on Juggernaut. Another question I must ask is, what is "right"? Like I said, most of this discussion is based around anecdotal statements and opinions. Is that an issue? Not really, but it's something we should keep in mind. Opinions change, peoples minds change, and as stated in my previous post -- in the end it's what the development team deem good and plausible that matters. Of course we might influence their decision by presenting our dissents against and for this idea.

quote:

As for the population issue why not use the very same thing that the staff used prior massive decline of players as well as bringing back life to juggernaut in the form of NPC's. They could fill the gaps for linked players when there aren't enough players around, and with the button or switch that would allow unlinked players into said mode anyone who wants a challenge could very well join the mode while those who don't want to be made punching bags (be it because they aren't skilled enough, can't find a partner, etc) won't be punished for the sake of another players fun.

That was why there was a back and forth. It isn't the issue of the mode itself, but rather the issue of throwing unlinked players who don't wouldn't want to be in this to the slaughter house for the sake of linked players due to a lack of a population to support making the modes separate as it should be.

NPCs in PvP? Sorry, I genuinely had to read that a few times to really grasp that it was real. I don't think I need to explain myself as to why I'm saying no. This laughable suggestion will ruin the game completely to its very roots by adding NPCs to PvP. Is Juggernaut any good at the moment? I heard NPCs are your opponents these days.

It's been said time and time again that the supposed "advantage" offered by this linked feature, is overestimated. Who is to say a bad linked team is going to win against an averagely good unlinked team? Linked teams will have complimentary builds and strategies, that's about it. A slight tactical advantage, not a statistical one. The advantage doesn't absolutely guarantee a win as some are implying in this discussion.

Players have to formulate strategies regardless of being linked or unlinked. They cannot insist there is a serious concern with this suggestion when there are players that have countered actual teams before. If a particular team is constantly killing you, then there is a problem with your build or strategy regardless of whether you're linked or unlinked.

Now that the supposed "disadvantage" is out of the way and addressed in the sense that it doesn't provide an absolute advantage, but rather an arbitrary one. It can be argued as to why someone would even want walk in solo in a team mode? It must be emphasised that 2v2 is actually a team game mode. As mentioned in previous posts, people have all the available channels and resources to pair up with others. The community will have groups, teams, chats, factions, through many channels such as Twitter, Discord, etc. All in all this suggestion will bring more players together in many forms. Are there any restrictions or divisions caused by this? Not that I can think of.

With all that being said, I sincerely hope that all the posts from everyone so far has given people an understanding of the false "disadvantage" presented to unlinked players. I do highly encourage people to actually read each others post thoroughly, because a lot seems to have been missed out. Most of us have been repeating ourselves as people haven't been putting in the little effort of reading the responses.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 8/22/2018 16:47:02 >
Post #: 31
8/22/2018 18:17:20   
Mother1

quote:

Is there a reason why you're not playing 2v2 anymore? Surely there must be some reason other than quicker grinding (free wins) on Juggernaut. Another question I must ask is, what is "right"? Like I said, most of this discussion is based around anecdotal statements and opinions. Is that an issue? Not really, but it's something we should keep in mind. Opinions change, peoples minds change, and as stated in my previous post -- in the end it's what the development team deem good and plausible that matters. Of course we might influence their decision by presenting our dissents against and for this idea.

I couldn't care less about the free wins of Jug. I grind it because as it stands now it

A) the most rewarding battle mode for credits

and

B) I don't have to wait 5 - 10 minutes at times for one match like I do at times with two vs two.

like most I like high rating and that was something I used to compete with delta players with, and seeing as the cheevo's (credit sinks) are so expensive and the fastest way to get them (outside of gifting) was Jug due to the reasons I stated above, I choose to play the battle mode. But to be honest if the wait times weren't so bad for 2 vs 2 and the rewards were greater for 2 vs 2 I would play it link I used to back in delta and early omega.

Heck Personally I would settle for 2 vs 2 just giving me faster matches and I would choose it over jug, but whenever I tried to do the 2 vs 2 daily missions (which pop up every so often) and tried to get a match due to the extremely low population at the time (this was before the staff was updating once again) the time for matches as I pointed out was 5 - 10 minutes at times which was insane in my eyes. This is how it was originally with Jug before they added the NPC and like I mentioned in a previous point prior I don't like waiting too long for a fight to start (which was why I was understanding of your wait time point)

quote:

NPCs in PvP? Sorry, I genuinely had to read that a few times to really grasp that it was real. I don't think I need to explain myself as to why I'm saying no. This laughable suggestion will ruin the game completely to its very roots by adding NPCs to PvP. Is Juggernaut any good at the moment? I heard NPCs are your opponents these days.

It's been said time and time again that the supposed "advantage" offered by this linked feature, is overestimated. Who is to say a bad linked team is going to win against an averagely good unlinked team? Linked teams will have complimentary builds and strategies, that's about it. A slight tactical advantage, not a statistical one. The advantage doesn't absolutely guarantee a win as some are implying in this discussion.

Players have to formulate strategies regardless of being linked or unlinked. They cannot insist there is a serious concern with this suggestion when there are players that have countered actual teams before. If a particular team is constantly killing you, then there is a problem with your build or strategy regardless of whether you're linked or unlinked.

Now that the supposed "disadvantage" is out of the way and addressed in the sense that it doesn't provide an absolute advantage, but rather an arbitrary one. It can be argued as to why someone would even want walk in solo in a team mode? It must be emphasised that 2v2 is actually a team game mode. As mentioned in previous posts, people have all the available channels and resources to pair up with others. The community will have groups, teams, chats, factions, through many channels such as Twitter, Discord, etc. All in all this suggestion will bring more players together in many forms. Are there any restrictions or divisions caused by this? Not that I can think of.

With all that being said, I sincerely hope that all the posts from everyone so far has given people an understanding of the false "disadvantage" presented to unlinked players. I do highly encourage people to actually read each others post thoroughly, because a lot seems to have been missed out. Most of us have been repeating ourselves as people haven't been putting in the little effort of reading the responses.

They aren't listening to the responses because

A) They know unlinked players not matter how hard you try to convince them will almost always be at a disadvantage against linked players

B) They have seen the results of similar situations where they were at a disadvantage and seen the outcome AKA the history that has gone on.

How many "Juggernaut is not fair" Thread have come up in the past due to players who pressed the 2 vs 2 button wanting to fight another set of players instead got forced to fight a juggernaut instead? Lord knows when I was coming up and fighting them (Back when you always got human partners) my partners 5/10 would run due to knowing/feeling "I am going to lose anyways" due to losing so many times to them.

Then there is "the matchmaking system" threads I have constantly seen back when the thread were active as well with players complaining about how unfair it was for them to be forced to fight players of higher levels due to them losing so much to them.

My point being is that players while some might like the challenge (which we saw in the form of Nowras's post) others want (or at least want to feel like) they are getting a fair fight stat wise and level wise and your suggestion while as I even admitted is an intriguing idea doesn't at least give that illusion.

The people going against you see this as yet another Juggernaut or mismatched battle theme where you are in a uphill battle from the start with 0 fairness. Sure I will agree with you that there are some players who can win despite this issue (seeing as I myself have done this quite a few times so I will give you that point) however, sadly it doesn't have enough for the majority of people which is the problem.

As for you laughing at my suggestion can I ask you this. Has anyone else even come up with an alternative idea or some sort of compromise on their end of the argument?

Cause to be honest the only posters I have seen who even tried to come up with that sort of thing was me (the NPC idea, as well as the one time pay item for unlinked players who wanted to actually try and fight linked ones due to the challenge and bragging rights) and Nowras (with his idea of making rewards greater for the unlinked team while in contrast making the rewards smaller for the linked team)

Also Have actually read every single post in this thread even yours, and Satafou's long essay posts with your idea's for the new battle mode, and to be honest I like I mentioned earlier find them intriguing and would love to see some of them in the mode and I even had a few suggestions for some of them as well. However, just like you and Satafou hate the fact or idea of adding NPC's to be the opponents of the linked teams so that unlinked players don't have to be forced into situations where they aren't in a disadvantage I hate the idea of throwing unlinked players to linked players that don't want to be in said situation and just like I know I won't be able to change your mind about your point the same goes for me and mine. So for the sake of this thread lets just agree to disagree. But of the sake of giving my thoughts on the suggestions for the battle mode idea here are my thoughts on what Satafou had mentioned that I was going to originally post assuming a fair compromise could have been reached between us.

quote:

Are players limited to a single duo, a selected amount such as 3 or 5, or 100? In order to make it much easier to program i'm presuming a single duo would be ideal, however being limited to a single duo would have a negative effect on the mode itself and personally I view 3/5 possible partners being ideal.

100 or even 5 in my opinion would be too much. While I can understand the reasoning for wanting to have more than one set partner (real life causing one partner to leave, internet issues etc) having too many pairings would be not only counterproductive but also in some cases give the illusion to some that they can just leave one person and go for another which would also be negative for the mode. While one pairing would be harsh for the reasons i mentioned 100 or 5 is too many. so if anything 3 would be the best in my opinion. gives some flexability but also at the same time makes the person think critically before choosing a partner which is something that is needed in both RL and 2 vs 2.

quote:

However what would this mean for the leader boards?

For the sake of argument I would say just let the highest win ratio between either one or both partners appear seeing as anything else on the LB would be pointless. As for the All time LB due to there only being 20 spaces I say only the highest win ratio involving a specific person should be allowed, and when they partner up with another person and pass that one it vanishes from the LB until the older one becomes higher. This way the LB isn't totally dominated by one person who has several different buddies which wouldn't be fair for others trying to shoot for the LB.

I won't address the next quote seeing as that is what is causing all the flash fires between your side of the argument and my side, and I don't want to go back into that again seeing as both our minds are made up on where we stand.

Hope this helps you and if you have some other points you like the bring up (like Satafou did) I will be glad to read them and give my thoughts.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/22/2018 18:21:12 >
Epic  Post #: 32
8/27/2018 10:43:47   
  Nightwraith

We'd debated adding feature this since the early days of EpicDuel. The most fair implementation seems that linked players would fight other linked players due to team coordination and skill synergies being an advantage. It's debatable how big that advantage would be, but it would be there. Both sides of this argument have valid points, but I think, like Juggernaut, Linked 2v2 would be something people either hate or be their preferred mode of combat. If it were implemented in ED, I would like to do it in such a way that could be pulled if it completely broke 2v2 matchmaking, but I think realistically some would quit 2v2 forever, while others who gave up on 2v2 might give it another shot with a guarantee of a competent partner.

Short answer: I really like the idea, and I'd like to implement it. When? That will require Titan time and a big assumption that it would relatively "easy" to build.

Addendum: As someone brought up on Twitter, linking would make it easier to bot in 2v2. Serious measures to combat bots would need to be implemented before 2v2 linking could happen.

< Message edited by Nightwraith -- 8/27/2018 14:56:21 >
Post #: 33
8/27/2018 14:23:19   
Born.In.Hell

I'm Supported 2vs2 Link this Amazing to avoid noobs and Alts
Epic  Post #: 34
8/27/2018 15:41:18   
Optimise

@Nightwraith - Thanks for posting your thoughts on the idea. I support whatever way the team decide to implement this, and of course changes can be made to any implemented feature based off realistic end user feedback. Bots wouldn't necessarily be any different than they are now, so in my opinion I wouldn't see it as a reason to delay or not implement the idea of Linked 2v2.

It would be appreciated if you can keep us updated, after discussing with the team, as to how long this would take to build then implement, and whether the idea will be a part of future plans.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 8/27/2018 15:50:51 >
Post #: 35
11/29/2018 6:03:25   
Optimise

While I do appreciate that the gifting event is approaching and the devs are busy with stuff, think an update on this suggestion would be great. I understand that the possibility of being able to bot has been brought up, but that shouldn't really be a concern at this stage. Botting is an issue that needs to be tackled on a wider scale rather than having it individualised to this suggested game mode.

@Battle Elf - Apologies for the double post, but can this be kept open until we get some sort of official response please? Thank you.
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: 2v2 ally link
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition