Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Achivement for winning

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Achivement for winning
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2018 9:04:46   
racing.lo.mas

What about achievements which increase with your wins? Only availabled for 1v1 and 2v2 for obvious reasons.
Those 2 achievements must have many levels with not a big difference between levels (talking in wins requeriments). If next level needs 10k win, then people wouldn't be likely to try, even if it gave 20k raiting, they are just too far. So I'd say increase 325 raiting every 500 wins for 2v2 and increase 50 raiting every 500 for 1v1 (I first thought about 100 raiting for both but it wouldn't be fair since 1v1 is faster and easier, in fact, I based my numbers on the relation between the first in 1v1 and the first in 2v2. I could see 1 win from the best in 2v2 are aroun 6,5 wins from the first in 1v1. So the relation between raiting should be the same). 500 wins might be a lot for unactive players, but is not imposible. And sure for active players is maybe 2 or 3 days of playing hard.

It works pretty well for all players. For example, I got 30k solos which would give me an achievement of 3k and for 2v2 4550 raiting since I have 7k wins. For extremely cases we got, comical biker with 345k in solo, he is getting 34,5k achievement. In 2v2 we got Black Widow with 53k wins which would be 34,4k achievement.
An achievement of 34k might be too much, its 1 star and a half, but they really deserve it, I mean getting 345k wins its being playing over many years. Moreover I think this kind of achievement should be added (also with this high raiting) to allow free players to compete with raiting. How many payed achievements have been added? With gifting 5,5k and 11k for buying varium promo and another one from over than 10k (i think) for gifting. Also friends and inventory slots with a total of 20k between them. This will encourage players too go ahead and keep playing!

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 12/3/2018 9:05:04 >
Epic  Post #: 1
12/3/2018 9:32:39   
Xendran

Makes sense to me.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
12/3/2018 14:37:05   
NDB

The following are a bunch of thoughts that came to mind when I read this, which is why it's so disorganized, but...

I think a good 50% of all 1v1 wins on the 1v1 leaderboard are from NPCs. Almost everyone on there has quit and aren't from Omega, which is strange considering Alpha-Delta lasted about 4 years and Omega has been around for 6 years. Some people on that board probably have 50-100k worth of NPC wins.

And then you have guys like ConQrR who did 40k+ Jugg before NPCs were added, which was not even a thing until 2 years ago. Jugg has been around for 7.5 years or something like that already, so it was legit for 5.5 years.

And, who knows, sometime in the next few years Jugg might become hard again.

And then we had the Infernal War where there were NPCs in 1v1 and 2v2 and the 10th Anniversary event where you could have unlimited NPCs for 2 weeks. People botted those like mad back then.

And sub-level 40 players can get NPCs in 1v1 and 2v2 all the time, which can get them like a thousand free 1v1 and/or 2v2 wins.

Also, for the first few years, challenge battles counted as 1v1 wins too, with a 15 battle cap. You could get someone or an alt to dummy you 15 wins each for tons of free 1v1 wins.

Plenty of people still dummy 2v2, which is the easiest battle mode to dummy when the server numbers are so low.

I don't think it is right not to include Jugg when it was legit for 5.5 years and only not legit for 2 years while the other battle modes, especially 1v1, were/are exploitable for long periods of time too.

And at the end of the day, it takes longer to get Jugg wins then it does to get 1v1 wins, even with the NPCs. You can only get like 25-28 Jugg wins an hour as a level 40, but if you're fast at 1v1 you can get 30-40. All that time playing the game shouldn't count as zero just because it was Juggs. And about 8% of the times in Jugg, there's at least one real player.

Yes, some people bot Jugg but most people actually don't. And, like I said, plenty of people botted NPCs back in the day, too, and people also botted 1v1 with Strength builds or Dex builds back when games were much shorter and simplistic.

< Message edited by NDB -- 12/3/2018 14:49:14 >
Epic  Post #: 3
12/3/2018 16:52:08   
racing.lo.mas

About jugg, I dont really think they deserve an achievement for example Sr.renato. I remember he only played 1v1 and didn't have many wins at jugg. Now he's leading jugg all time with 117k wins, he already get achievements for rank and a lot of credits (which also allow him to upgrade achievements). Should he own an achievement like this? I based my achievements number with the top of all time. That's why comical and black widow has the same rating. Then he also should get an 34k achievement?

Also my first thoughts for this achievements was to make people play PvPs for something. I remember, back to delta/gamma when I already had many wins, what did I play for? What make me do some wins every day? Well first of all I wanted to get influence (which now is only enabled on wars), get tokens for war or flags (both are not possible now) and to increase my player rank (I mean emperor, warlord and that, which now doesn't mean somenthing because of jugg). Right now there isn't a solid reason to do PvPs, even more with jugg being able to bot.
I really feel bad for all who used to play jugg legit, like ConQrR. I also loved jugg and I was only 3k away to be in all time. I did around 5k jugg wins before omega, if I'm not wrong.
Jugg for many years was almost easy. During early omega it was hard and nobody played. Soo.. all jugg players exploded it when it was easy. Maybe they shouldn't get an achievement.

However, If you really want to add an achievement for jugg, it should be really low in terms of rating. I wouldn't even give more than 5k to Sr.renato who's the first in jugg. So if he was getting an jugg achievement of 5k then this achievement progress should be 2 raiting every 500 wins. I dont know what you think, but it seems ridiculous.
If we add a better achievemnt, then people will be encouraged to fight jugg instead of PvPs. You just put a bot to play all day, you don't do any effort and you get, wins, credits and rating.

About 1v1, yep, I know how people could get free wins. About challenges, you could get 15 free wins but you had to get another account and do it by yourself. It wasn't as bad as jugg where you just put a bot. Low players might fight agains Npc but is not that common I think. Even if it was, they can spam them till they reach level 40. How many wins might be that?
Jugg is unlimited, you can bot as much as you can.
At the end of the day you can get more 1v1 wins than jugg, of course, but those 1v1 wins are legit. You are not botting.
I don't know what you mean about 2v2. However, everytime I play 2v2, it takes too long to find a match and I never find npc. I can wait for long, but I never fight against npc.

Infernal war doesn't count as npc since you always had an opponent. Only a few battles were fulled of Npc. You also lost time when you fought against the vault.

Well this suggestion to be honest should be added, at least to give players a reason to play. Then numbers can be changed. The only thing to think of is what to do with jugg.
Epic  Post #: 4
12/3/2018 17:10:06   
NDB

I hate to repeat myself, but, like I said, comical probably got at least 50-100k of his 1vs1 from NPCs, and most of the people on 1vs1 leaderboard did too. So I don't understand why people who do 50-100k Jugg shouldn't get an achievement as well. In theory, yes, I do think Sr.Renato should get an achievement. In reality, he probably botted a good percent of them but, in theory, yes. And the fact is, if you were to make a list of every single player who ever did at least one Jugg battle since the battle mode was created, you would find that the vast majority of them aren't botters.

Jugg has been unlimited for about two years while NPCs could be done up to 360 a day for 4 years. 90% of people with more than 50k 1v1 wins did NPCs at some point.

From my last post, I think I have a pretty solid argument for saying that 1v1 has had a much longer and more extensive history of being exploitable for wins than Jugg is today.

To sum up (because I really don't like to get into arguments): I'm not trying to say that Jugg isn't a cheap way to get wins right now because it obviously is. But to treat it like nothing or close to nothing is way too harsh, especially when you consider that the other two battle modes have been/are highly exploitable for wins as well. This suggestion has been around for years now and this is probably precisely the reason why it has yet to be implemented. It's just too hard to be fair. I'm just trying to be realistic when I say that I highly doubt that, if they were to implement it, they would actually disclude Jugg, regardless of peoples' opinion. It would just be weird if they did that given the game's entire almost decade-long history and not just the past two years.

< Message edited by NDB -- 12/3/2018 17:35:45 >
Epic  Post #: 5
12/3/2018 18:38:35   
racing.lo.mas

Alright, I guess I support your point now. Well, you are right but there is still a difference between 1v1 and jugg. If we add those achievements 1v1 players cant npc now. Jugg boters yes, they can bot until jugg is fixed. And if we add another incentive, the game will get worst. More people will start to bot, boters will bot even more and legit players will end up leaving the game. So that's why those achievements might be added only for 1v1 and 2v2 JUST FOR NOW. As soon as jugg is fixed, they can add the jugg achievement. If you want to add jugg achievement with 1v1 and 2v2 then they could add it but with the low rating I sad and once jugg is fixed then buff it.

We want (or at least What I want) is to encourage legit players to keep pvping and also give them a reason to play. Sure juggers deserve the same achievement, but for now they will have to wait.
Epic  Post #: 6
12/8/2018 14:20:17   
Mother1

@ Racing.lo.mas

Even now all battle mode wins are tainted with NPC's wins. New players who are doing 1 vs 1 as well as 2 vs 2 who are still low enough to get them can and have every well fought against NPC's seeing as the system still spits them out for the players. We can't forget about this and only think of level 40 players who only get real players in these two battle modes.
Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Achivement for winning
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition