Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2112345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/23/2018 11:57:33   
Shadowhunt

Have a favourite class? Perhaps you like a specific combination of enhancements for a particular class? What do you think of the global cool-down on skills? Is there a certain combination of skills you like to use with each class? All class discussion here!

Thread Rules

• The =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules and =AQW= General Discussion Forum Rules apply.

• Be Respectful. Just because you disagree with someone's opinion does not mean you should go and offend that user. Move on if that subject matter does not suit you. If you cannot control your behavior, refrain from posting until you're able to do so.

• Be Constructive. Constructive criticism is meant to improve something; not expressed through ranting, whining, or complaining. Any feedback offered must include the issue at hand and offer wordy feedback about what worked, what didn't, and what may have helped make it better. If you want to criticize, do so with the intent to give help, not tear down.

• No OP/UP Discussion. Do not discuss subjects relating to "overpowered" or "underpowered", do not even mention OP/UP in this thread. What may seem overpowered to some players may seem perfectly reasonable to others. We realize that different classes can be prioritized in such a manner as to be beneficial to both instances. While some armors work better for PvE, other armors work better for PvP. That does not mean that a class is imbalanced, but it means that it can be more beneficial to use it in another instance. The AQW staff will not release unbalanced strong classes in the game. Should there be such a case, it will be tweaked or mentioned upon release.

• No Comparison Discussion. Any arguments relating to Legends vs Free Players vs ACs will not be tolerated. It has been clarified under the rules that such posts are not permitted.

• No Suggestions. You may provide a skill tweak on a particular class, granted that you do not start suggesting the entire class revamp or skill set. Suggestions for existing classes may be posted here. You can suggest a whole new class here.

• No PvP Discussion. Any PvP discussion related to classes needs to be posted in the =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread. Small comparisons and references may be made, but the PvP thread exists to house all discussions related to the subject.

Useful Links

• Useful/Recommended Class Builds Guide
  • =AQW= Existing Class Suggestions
  • =AQW= New Class Suggestions
  • AQ AQW  Post #: 1
    12/23/2018 13:19:16   
    reneilto56

I got the 2019 calendar, but I still do not understand her skills.
    after a practice
    things will get a few lighter
    I have not mastered it properly.
    AQW  Post #: 2
    12/23/2018 21:39:53   
    you stop

Been seeing pictures that the new Chronomancer is basically a CDK clone that's more versatile. High deathrates, it can't survive by itself and needs healing support but is more than capable of killing Jirabin Challenge by itself, should everything go right. Sorry I cant provide a source image. It was in a discord chat that now got buried.

But going back to the previous thread, Edme said that the best meta is basically one filled with calendar classes. This class will never go rare at this point and as of its current stage, it's already capable of dealing 7 digits by itself. The question now is, in the succeeding years, will they release worse or better augments? It can only go either way, as this class will forever be seen as a damage dealer. I dont see how this class will turn into a support even with augments allowing it to be one. Why waste a 7 digit damage dealing class for some support?

< Message edited by you stop -- 12/24/2018 10:22:23 >
    AQW  Post #: 3
    12/24/2018 3:24:43   
    Edme MacHeath

I really wonder about Chaorrupted Chronomancer's DPS tho? If it's even able to kill most bosses before it dies, then that's pretty much enough reason for it to potentially be the best soloing class for majority of situations. Assuming it can kill Jiraben, and by the context that it dies, I'm assuming it kills it in either one or two nukes.

I'm pretty sure that means it's atleast faster than EC/IC. EC/IC can't do like over 500k nukes by itself consistently to my knowledge. If Chaorrupted can hit 7 digit damages by itself. We're looking at the fastest class ingame. I don't even think it dying is gonna be good enough to potentially not crown this as the new king of soloing.
    AQ  Post #: 4
    12/24/2018 3:53:04   
    Veya

I need to know what Hourglass/Corruption combination was being used to perform that well, when I tried it, it was nuking for about 40k tops, but seemly struggling to crit more than EC ever did on its own, nowhere near "seven digits damage" that I am hearing.

And honestly, my biggest issue with the class is how much of a hassle having to use potions(yes, they are not called potions, but a rose by any other name...) to keep up with the level of the other Chronos, the class is hot garbage if you try to use it without its potions, and I can have a very similar level of power with EC and without that extra hassle that is maintaining and managing potions, and as I have both, I don't see a reason to use it instead of EC.

And finally, to clarify, it's not Chaorrupted Chronomancer, it's Corrupted Chronomancer, the original name shown for the class was actually NeChronomancer before it was changed, which implies it is supposed to be corruption by way of Doom(the good... I mean, evil... I mean... the quality corruption), instead of the lame chaos corruption, plus, we already had a chaorrupted Chrono in ChronoCorruptor.
    AQW  Post #: 5
    12/24/2018 10:11:24   
    you stop

I am not allowed to link videos but there's this Tester/Youtuber by the name of Shiminuki (i dont know if i should be sharing his tester account but in his video he's using his normal account). I cant link videos as per rules but I think you can look up his video in youtube. It's 47 minutes long, timestamp of the 7 digit crit is at 37:03

< Message edited by you stop -- 12/24/2018 10:19:03 >
    AQW  Post #: 6
    12/24/2018 11:10:52   
    Veya

As I recall, the exact ruling behind the YouTube thing is that the problem are the comments, as they can be extremely toxic at times, and if you use a website such as QuieTube to be able to link the video without linking to the comments, it is a non-issue and allowed... actually, I will just PM a mod to ask them to clarify this.
    AQW  Post #: 7
    12/24/2018 11:20:04   
    Saberblade

Just saw the vid and he hit 1282462 crit while at lvl90, using the NSoD, using Hourglass of Transience, using Foresee Corruption, and at 60hp. The first two parts I expected, the last part worries me because at that point, as even he points out, he's basically dead. He also says that EC/IC at it's highest can hit 700k.

I do recommend checking out the video as they continue on to discuss the class and how it can be used.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 8
    12/24/2018 11:45:23   
    you stop

I think I'd support Edme's statement. Even if the class is basically dead, the boss died first so the drops come in first even if you die right after. Besides Shim showed that only negligence really kills you through your self DoT. If you HoT properly then you shouldnt see any issues apart from the boss hitting you hard enough for you to die (which is what, 5% of all the bosses in game?)

< Message edited by you stop -- 12/24/2018 11:46:16 >
    AQW  Post #: 9
    12/24/2018 12:53:21   
    The ErosionSeeker
    *insert cheesy pun here*

Transience gives you +50% damage and haste, and your opponent -24% defense, while Foresee gives you +100% hit, damage, and crit damage (effectively about +25% total crit damage), for a total of 1.86x, which gets boosted to 2.8x with NSoD.
    Transience takes a lot of attention while Foresee requires a lot of setup with a very short superpower mode, which is why Power/Entropic or Power/Infinite is going to be the standard "lazy" combos.

Level 90 full luck Power/Infinite gives about a ~200 heal and a max ~700 DoT, which isn't very high but adds a big amount to 5.
    In about 10 seconds, Power/Entropic with +15% damage gets up to 300k crits with a Spiral Carve, or 100k without.

Power: for regular play, basically like having a personal Lightcaster
    Paradise: for hard-hitting bosses and PvP
    Transience: for big brain plays

Infinite: 200 HoTs and 50 -> 700 DoTs
    Entropic: take 2.5x damage, but do 2x damage with max haste
    Foresee: 30 second prep time for 5 seconds of Paradise + Entropic
    DF AQW  Post #: 10
    12/24/2018 13:02:24   
    Saberblade

And I thought the previous Calendar classes could be complex, seems like Corrupted Chronomancer is in a league of it's own. There's so many options and variations on how it can be used that it feels like several classes rolled into one. The real drawback to this class is going to be the number of free inventory slots you'll need.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 11
    12/25/2018 0:12:58   
    Veya

After using CC some more, it is actually kind of fun... but there are still annoyances regarding the class, the inventory management aspect is a pain, and I can imagine someone with lower slot count than me struggling immensely.

Hourglass effects are removed when you die, likely because it is functionally just a potion buff with a really long effect, and considering how volatile the class can get with Trasience, where if you mess up you can easily die from your self-DoT, the long cooldown hourglasses have is a huge hinderance, as it means reapplying your hourglass will lock your potion slot away for about a full minute, if the cooldown is modular, staff should look into making all Hourglasses a 1 second cooldown since they are meant to be pre-battle set up, so them having a long cooldown makes no sense.

But those are basically the two only issues currently.
    AQW  Post #: 12
    12/25/2018 1:21:08   
    darkknight skull

Corrupted Chronomancer is definitely a fun class to experiment with. As described previously, my only gripe is that the class's hourglass and corruption management and usage is a bit clunky.

Currently, my Go-To Combination is Transience + Infinite.

< Message edited by darkknight skull -- 12/25/2018 1:25:11 >
    Post #: 13
    12/25/2018 3:01:48   
    Hardcastle McCormick

Okay, currently ranking up Frostval Barbarian (go figure the class boost lasted longer than the weekend, lucky me!) and the design is... very intriguing but also kind of problematic. For the record I almost NEVER actually had disconnection problems with Rogue before it was nerfed, but with this class I'm quickly finding that it can happen very easily when you have negative haste (which is something I didn't even know existed, but considering pvp it makes sense). DC definitely happens when you try to cheat the system by unselecting enemies between auto attacks (making your auto attack faster than intended) but I've also had it happen while just trying to use skills normally. I guess the best way to avoid it is to just not use any of the other skills when you're using 5 - which I think is best for solo DPS anyway since using any other abilities resets a massive global cooldown, preventing you from using 5 again.

It's a bit uncomfortable to use what with the auto attack basically stopping in its tracks when you lose haste, and the disconnections could become a very persistent problem just by design, but otherwise I like the concept the class puts forth. It combines the "multiple modes" aspect of Vampire Lord with the "inverted stats" feeling of Shadowscythe General. Instead of starting with high damage resistance and getting more vulnerable you start with high haste and get incredibly slow. But by not using the 5 skill the class becomes pretty powerful for support. Again, very interesting ideas, but I feel like the slowdown mechanic itself is perhaps more trouble than it's worth with regard to disconnections. Because even if you're not attempting to exploit, simply defeating an enemy and selecting another target too quickly can cause problems if it interferes with the intended auto attack cooldown.

I can see it being great in pvp since you can not only buff your whole team without losing mana, but the 5 skill is a true wallop whenever you need it. Plus it ignores evasion...

< Message edited by Hardcastle McCormick -- 12/25/2018 3:04:06 >
    AQW  Post #: 14
    12/25/2018 3:39:12   
    you stop

Personally I dont see how using 5 is all ever worth it unless you have both SC and LC to give haste back to you. It seems like a good damage tool, sure, but it could mean you cant loop 4 which is why you use the class anyway. Besides, stacking 4 should be utmost priority so you should keep yourself at max haste with the passive
    AQW  Post #: 15
    12/25/2018 8:28:39   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Personally I dont see how using 5 is all ever worth it unless you have both SC and LC to give haste back to you.

It's worth to use if you want to use it as an AoE class, or deal any damage whatsoever without other people nearby. Enrage is actually quite strong, dealing just over 1k damage, which is doubled to a little over 2k, combine that with the auto attack dealing 366 damage before Enraged (As a lvl 88, using full fighter enhancements and a static damage range) and you are looking at close to 3k unmissable damage every 4 or so seconds, with the huge haste decrease factored in, and not even using any damage boosts.

It's not the best AoE class, but it's very serviceable, and not much worse than Blaze Binder damage wise. It also does lack the ability to heal while using Enraged, and can't even apply Frozen Beard without losing a second or 2 to wait for Enraged to get back up thanks to the massive global cooldowns, but for low hp mobs and don't hurt too much, it's a useful class to use in those situations.

I am currently room hopping in BattleunderB with it and I can 1 shot the enemies pretty instantly, every time I join a new room, with 100% consistency. It's like having BB's nuke on a 4 second cooldown.

Frostval Barbarian is basically a dual mode 1 skill class. Either you use it in a group, which means only the crit/mana buff is really all that relevant, or you use it as a small mob AoE class and only really Enrage is relevant. The other 2 are very optional, Frostval Gifts just being a heal or some damage reduction (in most cases a heal) and Winter's Depress having almost no visible impact on a fight until stacked up to 3-4. It's probably useful in hard hitting boss fights to give a little more leeway, but in general it feels like a very pointless skill and could easily be removed without anyone batting an eye.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 12/25/2018 8:47:52 >
    AQW  Post #: 16
    12/25/2018 9:16:16   
    you stop

In that case then I would end up saying Full Luck is simply better. Slap a Spiral Carve and watch yourself do 4k nukes (with full fighter doing 2.5k) with 15% dmg boost and full stacks of crit damage boost. This is not including boost from 5.

Base damage isnt all bad either. Full luck does 370 autos with 15% dmg boost while full fighter does about 410. again, this doesnt include boost from 5

< Message edited by you stop -- 12/25/2018 9:20:00 >
    AQW  Post #: 17
    12/25/2018 9:46:27   
    Veya

quote:

It's worth to use if you want to use it as an AoE class, or deal any damage whatsoever without other people nearby.

This is still a bad use for the skill, Frostval Barbarian has an extremely high natural Haste, reaching the 50% cap completely on its own without the need for any Enhancements, but using Enrage reduces your Haste to *bellow 0%*, and Haste *can* go into negatives, using Enrage will make your AA and cooldowns work at bellow half normal speed while still dealing only 2x damage, ultimately you have a net negative DPS in using Enrage, while also making your buff stacks more difficult to maintain, it is objectively a bad skill.

< Message edited by Veya -- 12/25/2018 9:47:24 >
    AQW  Post #: 18
    12/25/2018 9:47:16   
    Kindofmagic6

hey so i have got stonecrusher and i was wondering whether i should get vhl for soloing bosses, would i be fine soloing with sc or should i get vhl?
    AQW  Post #: 19
    12/25/2018 9:58:42   
    you stop

In normal instances (bosses with not that much hp like maybe 300k), SC has about half VHL's DPS (yes i counted it). It can survive most bosses and can kill them relatively fast.

So to answer the question of "should" then my answer is no, you dont have to. SC is perfectly capable of soloing most bosses in game. But if your question is "can SC survive challenge bosses" or "do i want a better class in a solo scenario" then getting VHL is a good idea
    AQW  Post #: 20
    12/25/2018 13:02:35   
    teravor

So I've got a question about the items for Corrupt Chronomancer; how are you people switching the items mid-fight to use more than one?

And on a lesser note, which of them do you think is the best general-purpose one?
    AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    12/25/2018 14:08:58   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

This is still a bad use for the skill, Frostval Barbarian has an extremely high natural Haste, reaching the 50% cap completely on its own without the need for any Enhancements, but using Enrage reduces your Haste to *bellow 0%*, and Haste *can* go into negatives, using Enrage will make your AA and cooldowns work at bellow half normal speed while still dealing only 2x damage, ultimately you have a net negative DPS in using Enrage, while also making your buff stacks more difficult to maintain, it is objectively a bad skill.

With full fighter without using Enrage, you are looking at 366 damage per 1.5 seconds (using my level 88 numbers again), or ~242 damage per second. If I were to use enrage, I would do 2196 + 732 (or 2928) damage approximately every 4 seconds. Divide that by 4 and you have DPS of 732.

Silver Thaw/Maw/Jaw does literally nothing for FB without other people nearby. Winter's Depress has a barely noticeable effect. Frostval Gifts literally is only a heal as long as Enraged is not in effect. Neither of these skills increase your effective damage output, so it doesn't really matter if you use them or not. It does have AoE auto attacks, and you could argue using Spiral Carve could (potentially) make it a slightly more viable, general AoE class, or the use of Health Vamp could give it at least some form of sustain, but then you might as well use Vampire Lord or Abyssal Angel instead, which both have better natural sustain and better long term AoE damage potential. I would personally just stick to using FB for small mobs, supporting, or banking it if none of those are applicable.

It's not an objectively bad skill, it's just a skill with a heavy drawback, but also a solid gain. An objectively bad skill would be Chi Blast from Chunin, it's counterproductive in almost all situations. It deals about as much damage as Enrage, cannot crit, cannot miss, but also stuns you for 4 seconds, literally making it unusable outside of being 100% sure you can kill off all enemies hit. At least if Enrage doesn't necessarily kill everything, it still almost triples your damage output, assuming you keep using it.
    AQW  Post #: 22
    12/25/2018 14:09:02   
    Randomnity

They aren't switching the items mid fight. That isn't possible. What you do is equip one of the hourglasses before the fight and use it, because the effects last two hours, then swap over to one of the other three equips and use that in the fight itself for temporary buffs, like having a 5th skill.
    AQ  Post #: 23
    12/25/2018 14:55:05   
    Edme MacHeath

It is an objectively bad skill. Having a heavy drawback for a situation nobody needs the buff for is what exactly defines it as being an objectively bad skill.
    It only makes the only thing it's good at, less good at doing that, which is support. Nobody is gonna notice a jump from 200~ dps to 700~. People are gonna notice however that their buffs are gone or aren't be maintained.

The class shouldn't be used for AoE farming at all, doesn't have the capable dps to do that. Nor is the class useful for a support AoE because you lose the support faction and just become more of an AoE class with a small support aspect. Support in AoE situation is a lot less useful than support in a single target situation, at which point most mobs just aren't strong enough to cause problems and you're better off just adding another AoE dps to the mix, and most AoE classes just function entirely by themselves. You just don't ever use non functional AoEs that need help or find mobs that 1 shot you.

The classe's dps is just too mediocre to find a good reason other than what I said before, which was to finish off mobs with little health remaining. That's what enrage is for.

I would say that it serves a very similar purpose to Chi Blast while being slightly more useful.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 12/25/2018 14:59:24 >
    AQ  Post #: 24
    12/25/2018 17:11:53   
    Veya

I will throw out there it is actually not true Silver Maw/Jaw is completely useless for FB, as it *is* possible to crit with it in certain conditions, specifically, whenever Awe Enhancement procs, that Awe proc isn't tied to the "cannot crit" limitation, and will nearly always crit due to the crit buffs.

...but yeah, outside of this technicality, sure.
    AQW  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 2112345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition