Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= March 22nd Design Notes: A Trip to the Store

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= March 22nd Design Notes: A Trip to the Store
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/23/2019 2:50:29   
Silver

quote:

Verlyrus:

A Trip to the Store

Hey there, heroes!

When the Dove is away, the box cat shall play!

With Dove out sick this week, it falls to me to create this week's release, which means it's time for a new Verlyrus quest (yaaay)!

Head over to Verlyrus' house in Book 3 Amityvale to continue the fulfillment of your destiny! Which, in this case, is apparently fetching things for a cat that lives in a box. Seems legit.

If you've never visited Verlyrus, or just need a reminder as to where he lives, Verlyrus can be found in the first house to the left of Book 3 Amityvale's town square, in the house with boxes out in front.

I'm sure whatever I have to ask of you this time is going to be no trouble at all!

On a serious note, Dove is still feeling under the weather, although doing better. We'll have more of an update soon! We have back up plans too, in case he is still doing poorly next week, so don't worry, releases are still coming!

Want to talk about how cute Verlyrus is? Have ideas on how you can improve the box cat's quality of life? Think you have something that the cat would enjoy? Have feedback about the game? Want to talk about all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus

Paw printed and tagged! Minor formatting correction made. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 3/23/2019 10:18:41 >
Post #: 1
3/23/2019 5:52:45   
dragon_master

Yes,very nice. You guys are determined. Very well.
DF  Post #: 2
3/23/2019 6:10:53   
Commander_In_Red

Firstly and most importantly, I hope that Dove makes a swift recovery.

Secondly, I gotta ask. Outside of the "Inn > Release > Release > Reimagining" format, do you guys plan ahead on what updates you release each week, or do you decide based on what's ready at the time? I'm really curious.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
the optimist expects it to change;
the realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

By these defininitions, I must be a pessimist. Thank you, TFS.
DF  Post #: 3
3/23/2019 13:19:25   
GammaCavy

There is something weird about the market in Amityvale. Just in case nobody noticed and all.
Get well soon, Dear Dove! My best wishes to you!
DF  Post #: 4
3/23/2019 13:35:52   
TFS

Sorry to hear about Dove falling ill. Hope you feel better soon, Art Dad!
DF  Post #: 5
3/23/2019 17:21:07   
Da Awesomancer

I feel like I may be complicit in a crime after finishing that quest.
DF AQW  Post #: 6
3/23/2019 18:04:15   
blowthemandown

The next quest is Verlyrus sharing that catnip with us and us fighting hallucinatory enemies.
DF  Post #: 7
3/23/2019 21:15:11   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

I feel like I may be complicit in a crime after finishing that quest.

Well I mean, catnip is a drug, just for cats so humans don't usually care. It stands to reason that if cats had a society, psychoactive substances for them would be outlawed or regulated as well... Makes me wonder if we'll have to deal with the cat DEA next time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/23/2019 23:31:54   
Shiny_Underpants

Apparently catnip is only a hallucinogen for ~60% of cats, with a third of the feline population lacking a gene for it.

There are a number of good reasons to not give it to cats, too
DF MQ  Post #: 9
3/24/2019 3:13:42   
Flabagast

Another solid Verlyrus quest. I laughed more than I expected myself to. Has Book 3 Amitivayle always had that creepy music, and I'm just noticing it for the first time, or is it new? It's quite fitting either way.

Best wishes, Dove!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
3/24/2019 3:49:29   
Vaalirus

Having only recently gotten over the flu after a week of torment I can sympathize with Dove's situation. If I have to wait longer for content to be released because you guys need to take the time to recover from an illness or just need a break from the mental load then I'm more than happy to wait especially given the fact that majority of time out of a given year we get weekly content one way or another. So I wish Dove a well recovery.

Anyways regarding the quest...are we going to need to do an intervention for Verlyrus? Because I'm starting to think our box cat is mixed up in the wrong crowd. I mean the poor lad is turning to catnip of all things, CATNIP! I think we might need to call in Bubbles if that ends up being the case maybe the rest of our homies just to get the point across. :P

Yesterday's loss leads to folly
DF  Post #: 11
3/25/2019 0:14:56   
GammaCavy

Flabghast, the music's been there for a while.
DF  Post #: 12
3/29/2019 22:09:10   
Malarik the Caster

I'm more curious now than before I started that quest. Just think of the implications long term. Not only is this confirmation than Verylyrus is the head of an organised crime syndicate, but that there are police forces and organised crime cells throughout Lore. I just thought there was the occasional bandit gang or street thug, but this goes deep. I'm telling you all now. Verly is in kahoots with the bandit gangs. All those thugs from book 1 till now, slowly getting more powerful. Not just a coincidence. It's our favourite reality warping cat, powercreeping his minions. We're doing this for Verly because we are his most powercreeped thug. We ARE the bandits, man. He's in kahoots, man, they all are. Verly is the puppetmaster.
Post #: 13
3/30/2019 0:15:07   
Shiny_Underpants

Verlyrus didn't exist in book 1. He only existed after the Rose found a particular artifact, and Amadeus fixed it.
DF MQ  Post #: 14
3/30/2019 2:32:47   
Lujikul

Is this particular artifact, by any chance, the result from when Lim fused a cat and a book?
Post #: 15
3/30/2019 3:26:49   
Shiny_Underpants

Yes.
The letters from Into the Box, coupled with info in Valen's diary in Tea for Three are the sources of that information.
DF MQ  Post #: 16
3/30/2019 4:32:32   
blowthemandown

Right, that happened in the Clashening. Cysero stuck Mr. Poofles in the Nekonomicon, and the Rose pulled him out, after which he changed his name to Verlyrus. Because magic, obviously.
DF  Post #: 17
3/30/2019 4:38:30   
Shiny_Underpants

Who's to say he changed his name? Maybe he was Verlyrus Poofles all along, and was simply referred to by his surname.
DF MQ  Post #: 18
3/30/2019 10:36:18   
Cyrenius

Not to sound impatient, but when will yesterday's release be released?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
3/30/2019 10:43:23   
LigerBeard

@Lujikul: I'm pretty sure that it was Cysero was the one who fused Poofles with a book.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
3/30/2019 11:20:37   
lastspartan

@Cyrenius I don't know but releases are.normally released about six hours after I wake up so I would it should have been released 15 hours ago.

With every loss we have in our lives, it only strengthens us to get us to our best. Out of failure comes success.
Post #: 21
3/30/2019 11:27:14   
Cyrenius

I don't know either. It's almost 11:30 AM in Tampa, Florida on Saturday. Most releases are released on Friday, if they are going to be released on Saturday, they at least give us an update that they are going to be released on Saturday. So I don't know if it's going to be released today, Monday, or at all until next Friday. :(
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 22
3/30/2019 11:50:21   
Chewy905

Dove updated on twitter saying the release was delayed until today
Post #: 23
3/30/2019 11:55:14   
Cyrenius

Did he say what time?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= March 22nd Design Notes: A Trip to the Store
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition