Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hybrid Armor too Strong

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Hybrid Armor too Strong
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/6/2019 14:51:21   
sippingcider

i know it is only a day since old passives, but this new version of Hybrid Armor seems too powerful. 5 Focus merc builds are able to get 8.5 extra defense and resistance from it, which is wayyyy stronger than the old version which just gave 13 to one or the other. Tech builds can get even more defense/resistance, which on top of their already high defense/resistance makes them a fortress.

I would like to see flat defense/resistance again, something like 6 or 6.5 to each at max.

< Message edited by sippingcider -- 4/6/2019 14:52:16 >
Post #: 1
4/6/2019 14:58:28   
8x

How many defensive skills do Mercenaries have in comparison to other classes?
Epic  Post #: 2
4/6/2019 15:14:27   
sippingcider

quote:

How many defensive skills do Mercenaries have in comparison to other classes?

More than any other class considering you need to have your skill defend both physical energy attacks now adays. With all the cores, abilities, and weapons, skills like defense matrix and technician are almost useless. Bounty hunter doesn't even have shadow arts as a defense skill anymore, so its really just merc with their hybrid armor.
Post #: 3
4/6/2019 16:39:18   
Cyber Dream

And here I am thinking Hybrid armor needed a buff. My friend, I don't think Hybrid is the issue, but its the legendary ranks. I've yet to run into a 5 focus low rank hybrid build that I didn't beat, and im a merc also.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/6/2019 17:08:48   
sippingcider

quote:

And here I am thinking Hybrid armor needed a buff. My friend, I don't think Hybrid is the issue, but its the legendary ranks. I've yet to run into a 5 focus low rank hybrid build that I didn't beat, and im a merc also.

How do you fare against other classes? And what build btw?
Post #: 5
4/7/2019 3:58:32   
asterw100000

Then what about blood mage, who always recover while doing high damage. Now you need to find your build, not complaining forever. And def is already nerfed, if u crit u can do lots of damage even with a 600 def.
Not to say about sidearm passive.
Post #: 6
4/7/2019 11:12:11   
dfo99

instead nerf the mercs i think the best is buff the other classes
Post #: 7
4/7/2019 11:15:45   
Cyber Dream

Think about this, Mercs are basically made on the concept of tanking. Why nerf merc when every class in the game has the same capabilities as mercs due to cores.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/7/2019 19:41:14   
ForsakenDemon

@sippingcider

If I'm being honest, the passive armor is only good in the endgame. That is, when the battle is waning down, and both sides have little to no energy. This is because the opponent has no zero-energy heavy hitting attacks besides the bot. Leaving them with only basic attacks which HA (Hybrid Armor) with its 70-76 def/res can easily fend off.

The start is a different story. Being malfunction or smokecreen, and expecting to us defend with a flimsy 70-75 shield when we're down to 250-280 def is like expecting a turtle with a broken shell to defend against the jaws of lion.

The old version was stronger at lvl 4 and lasted 4 turns but needed energy. This one is free, last forever but is weak (minus the endgame). This is fair-ish? Idk. I don't think it's impenetrable at the start, but towards the end, it's hella useful.
Post #: 9
4/8/2019 20:34:57   
sippingcider

If it is malfunction and smoke screen you fear as a mercenary, you can use the first bot that ever was made, the Assault Bot!

I have seen some 5 focus mercs using this to great affect in 2v2 at least.
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Hybrid Armor too Strong
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition