Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> War
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/13/2019 20:57:11   
racing.lo.mas

Alright, this is a long suggestion, but please read it, you might like it. Maybe some ideas are too hard to implement (MAYBE) but.. I believe this is not the case for all of them. So perhaps we can add some of them to improve this boring war system. My ideas could give: variety on wars, a good and sustainabled reason to play, significance on factions, good rewards for everyone and maybe one of the most important things: constant influence and a fastest war cycle.

Why this war is actually bad:

-Always the same: It feels like you are just playing normal pvps as always. Being in war or not is the same, the only difference is that you get some drops for influence.
-Cycle is too slow: If you have a good level on a specific spot you have to wait around a year to battle in that place again.. ONE YEAR!
-Nerf to influence: On the first omega war everybody won +5 influence with every win, now you can get 30 just by winning, quite much. However, we used to get even more than that, so after being nerfed we feel that the way we earn influence is way too slow.
-There isn't a solid reward: Exclusive item for the winner? Hmm probably another item lost in the inventory. Credits and tokens? Meh.. nothing compared with gifts. Influence? Well I used to get much more.
-Everything is the same, nothing to choose: 3 standars? Alright, it doesn't matter where I play or where I drop my bombs.
-Long periods where you can not earn influence. This is mainly due to devs creating stuff for rewards. (time when nobody plays)
-Factions don't have any impact, beeing in the best faction or in the worst faction is the same.

My idea would be to add some features from older wars which in my opinion, everybody liked + some new ideas. So, here we go:

-For every war cycle we will have 2 places at the same time(For example: central station and wasteland).
-Every war cycle will last 1 week, as soon as one ends, another one stars (I think we have actually 10 war place, so one spot will be back in 5 weeks instead of a year. This means that in 1 month and a week you will be able to play again in the same palce) (rewards for wars will be explained next).
-You can gain influence in both places, but not at the same time. (similar to the old omega war where all places where availabled but you had to choose where to fight).
-All objectives will be replaced by flags (also more flags can be added so we have more than 3). I will explain more this flag system but first I need to explain drops and influence.
-Bombs will be replaced by tokens which can be expend on flags. If you win a battle on central station you will earn a central station token which can only be used in central station flags (but is up to you too choose in which one). There will be 4 kind of tokens (a variety similar to the old infernal war).

-Normal token: 100% drop, get 50 influence in a flag and 50 influence in the achievement of that place (so everytime you win you will be gaining influence).
-Super token: 25% drop rate. Get 100 influence in a flag and 100 influence in the achievement of that place. (WAR COMMANDER: grants 100% super token drop. OP? Nah, let me explain this. On the first omega war in 1v1 you won 5 influence, with a war commander you won 10 instead of 5. You end up with double influence, so: normal 50 influence, super 100,you still get x2)
-Legendary token: 10% drop rate, get 200 influence in a flag and 200 influence in the achievement of that place.
-Special token: This token can only be purchased on a shop (like now you can spend varium on bombs). Those tokens give 150 influence to the user, but the effect on the war is reduced (so buying bombs doesn't have a big impact on the war between alignments). So influence on the war will be just 50 instead of 150.

-Back to flags: flags will show the first 5 factions on the place in dispute (doesn't matter the alingment). Top 3 factions are the most important:
3°: Members will 100 influence on their achievements per hour (this do not affect war between exile and legion, just increase the influence gained on achievements) also faction gets 1 flag point per hour. The faction in this place will lose 2000 influence in the flag per hour.
2°: Members will get 200 influence per hour and faction will get 5 flag points per hour. Faction lose 3000 influence per hour.
1°:Members will get 500 influence per hour and faction will get 10 flag points per hour. Faction lose 4500 influence per hour.

-War between alignments: Instead of trying to destroy an objetive, Exile and Legion will be fighting for doing the most ammount of influence. The one who ends with more influence at the end of the week will win the region. Everytime someone spends a token on a flag, the influence this token gives is added directly to the bar ammount (special tokens have been explained before and have a smaller influence impact).
-Winners and rewards: We will have 2 winners because we have 2 spots every cycle. So one alignment can win both, lose both or win one. If your alignment wins and you have done at least 2000 influence you will receive an evolving achievement (won central station war X times). Also there will be an special item for every place (which can be earned by everyone). This item will have different levels which are unlocked everytime you earn a certain ammount of influence in a war (this is directly affected by the total ammount you get by war). For example: Wasteland Sword level 1 (awarded by earning a total of ¿ x influence? in wasteland). Everytime you get a higher level, the item have some changes like: Colours, bright, effects, size, etc. (NOTE: in this way devs won't need to be doing a new weapon everytime a war goes live). And what do I get for this item if my alignment wins a war? Well, you earn 1000 influence for your achievement and your item if you use at least 1 token. Wait, I did a lot of influence and I get the same reward that someone who drop only 1 token? No. If you do over 4000 influence, you will earn 3000 influence for achievement and item!
Also in this way you have to choose which weapon you preffer and in which one you will focus. Is not that easy to get 3000 in one week, and is also harder to get 6000 (3k for each war place). So is up to you were you decide to fight. Also you might try to go for the place you think your aligment might win.

-When a war ends, all flag points are reseted to 0.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 4/13/2019 21:31:41 >
Epic  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> War
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition