Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Character Help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Character Help
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/15/2019 22:05:46   
Ultima29

What items and stats should I be investing?

http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=53799227

< Message edited by Ultima29 -- 4/15/2019 22:06:16 >
Post #: 1
4/16/2019 1:34:57   
Primate Murder

Well, the stat cap was raised to 250, so max out your Int and put the rest in Dex, for maximum accuracy and damage.

Overall, you're pretty well off as far as equipment goes. Let's see if I can find a way to min-max it even more.

Weapons

Is your no-drop element earth? If not, make it that way - we lack any exceptional earth equipment for mages.

Mystic Blade of FP would be a better choice for an ice weapon, as its quickcast EleVuln pairs up very nicely with the Horo Show nuke.

Mystic Star Sabre cover darkness, so you don't need the BoV. Instead, I suggest getting either Sila's Staff for the multi-elemental spell damage boost, or Voidsplinter Sunderer for harm damage.

For light, I would suggest the Morningstar Cross. Its skill could come in useful when you run out of mp, or paired up with Beast Form to deal more damage than Star Forge at 20% the mp cost.

Armors

I suggest switching your armor to Awe. While you're unlikely to use your no-drop in either case, a quickcast mana shield, even as weak as that one, can come in useful.

Kindred is good for bosses, but I doubt you plan to use it in casual questing. In that case, I suggest putting it in storage until you need it and use either WHEEL (old standard skill, with EleComp to damage and boostable by CIT) or Hydromancer Bloodmage. If you choose the latter, I also suggest switching your water weapon for Tsunami Pen to max out your spell's damage.

Taladosian has the strongest energy nuke in the game, making it a better overall choice compared to Psionic Vamp.

Horde's Retribution is an entirely unexceptional armor. You can use your vampire no-drop for wind and WHEEL for earth, or you can get Grenwog Rider (if you have the UR) from this week's batch of GGBs, for the strongest f2p earth and wind skills. If you lack a UR, Cthonian Count (vampire earth variant) would be the best option.

For your final slot, I would suggest either Generalist's Robe (for the strongest spell damage booster via Imbue) or Whispering Raiment (for initiative bonus).

Shields

You already have a compression via Cerberus Ward, you don't need Paladin Guard as well. As your light shield, I would suggest Scarab Shell - its toggle lowers monster MRM, thus increasing the accuracy of all your attacks.

You also don't need Lantern of Souls, since, again, you cover darkness with Cerberus Ward. instead you can fit in CIT for those old standard skills and Beast From's attacks.

Spells

Your Vamp's Beast Form would deal nearly as much damage as Gravity Crush and at 20% the mp cost. I suggest using this slot for Moonwalker's Grace - a qc Dex booster (increases accuracy) that pairs nicely with Purple Rain.

Borrow is a better wind spell for FO mages, as it deals +50% damage - basically as much as Destruction Burst. The only downside is that you have to kill the monster quickly afterwards.

Star Forge is extraneous, considering that you have not one, but two light nukes. Lumenomancer has a stronger spell and so does Morningstar Cross's skill if paired with Beast Form. Instead, I would suggest Spectral Chains. While it's not the most efficient use of mp, quickcast 125% melee damage (or even more if you use Blade of FP or Generalist) is still very nice.

Miscs

Helm of Frostval Past is a very nice accuracy booster for mages, as its bth bonus is not /2 as with other miscs; you can also click on it to gain the bonus, then switch to a damage misc. I suggest using this to replace Diploma.

Grakma Warhorn's Berserk status is the strongest boost any misc can provide to spell damage, but at the expense of your accuracy - use it with HoFP. Since you would only have one staff, this could be used to replace Staff Master Emblem.

Bell Shell is a better option for FO builds than CoRS. While it does not heal as much, it also doesn't reduce your damage.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 4/16/2019 1:36:55 >
AQ  Post #: 2
4/16/2019 12:52:22   
Ultima29

Thanks a ton. My only question is about stats. For the stun meta should I be investing anything into my CHarisma?
Post #: 3
4/16/2019 16:23:41   
Primate Murder

Not really. I mean yeah, it would provide a minor benefit to your boosters, but overall the benefits are insignificant compared to maxing out your Int, Dex and Luck.
AQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Character Help
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition