Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Pay to Win and Balance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Pay to Win and Balance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/8/2019 0:15:21   
.Lord Ginger.

You know, this is actually kinda broken and really frustrating.

I can buy all these cores and I will if I want to PvP, but it's annoying.

It's like needing the same things as before to win. "I need these cores" if I want to win. "I need this robot, I need this gun... I need this build"

Also, the week after passives - the game was pretty nice. The updates after passives have definitely hurt the game. The nerfs, the new cores that are actually broken. It's just sad.
Like we had a chance with passives, but it's being taken away with these hurtful balance changes.

The game is also way too complicated. What happened to simplicity that so many players loved in Gamma/Delta? Now we have 50,000 cores and 100,000 robots...

Why would a newly made rank 1 want to play the game and get slaughtered by a rank 80 who has the busted varium cores.

I made a build that could scrap all my opponents energy and I have critical heal in my primary. I get more heals, and I get more defense... This is not fair or fun for my opponents. It was so easy, it wasn't even fun for me.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 5/8/2019 0:18:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/8/2019 2:31:56   
Foulman

As if taking 30 less damage per round and dealing 40 less damage per round wasn't bad enough, low ranks still have to deal with things like Spirit Meld, Blood Bullets, Wolf weapons, Soul Siphon, Crimson Offering and all those other cores that simply outclass whatever you can get from the Vendbot. There's no way to get above a 60% winrate until you're at least rank 30, unless you have the varium to splurge on every broken class/core/bot in the game. You can't even win without multiple blocks and deflections, and that is just not a good thing for a PvP game.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/8/2019 7:04:05   
Mr. Delector

You summed up my thoughts perfectly Lord Ginger.

< Message edited by Mr. Delector -- 5/8/2019 7:40:44 >
Epic  Post #: 3
5/8/2019 7:17:00   
asterw100000

Wow, nice said :o. I was afraid that if i made a thread about that, i will be banned.

Post #: 4
5/8/2019 14:13:08   
Mother1

Delta/Gamma being easier than now? While I will agree that there was less robots, and cores back then the Pay to win aspect of the game was still there.

Ranks being this issue now for new lower ranks? Pfft back then it was enhancements which were far more powerful than ranks ever have been.

Not to mention once a non varium player reached a certain level range they had to make the choice of either

A) getting varium so they could stand a chance and in the process making other Non variums suffer the same fate they did

B) not upgrade and hope to get lucky

or

C) quit

Also promo items back then were still just as OP back then as they were now.

Remember the massive strike item? When it first came out it has a 25% ignore defenses rate when it crit which made it so whenever you scored a crit it would do even more damage than the skill would list even with 0 defenses. I still remember player in the forms who couldn't get the item complaining and wanting it nerfed so it only worked with strikes because it was destroying the Non-varium population.

My point being is that the same problems that are annoying you now still existed even back then.
Epic  Post #: 5
5/8/2019 15:27:35   
.Lord Ginger.

Never said it didn’t exist.
Yea, I remember massive strike, yes I remember promos.
Yes, I remember enhancements.
That’s not my point.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/8/2019 16:06:23   
Mother1

I saw your point, however the very same issues you are complaining about now still existed even back in older days only to a lesser extent due to their being less variety. However the real problem here is as I pointed out quite a few times is that there is no balance admin on the team. The game need an Admin who sole purpose is to be do just that balance the game and keep it balanced. They also need the power to be able to veto overpowered promo's and cores that would destroy the balance of the game as well.

While we wouldn't have a lot of the fun items we gained over the years if we did have one at least what you are complaining about wouldn't be happening either.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 5/8/2019 16:07:26 >
Epic  Post #: 7
5/8/2019 21:06:38   
sippingcider

@Mother1

While these issues did exist back in the old days and the difference between p2w and ftp were larger, the issue didn't smack you in the face as much. By that I mean, there were lots of more f2p players than there are now. So, many battles you would be fighting someone who is also f2p, and that would be fun/challenging. Nowadays, most of the f2p players have gone extinct, so it feels like almost every battle you are up against a p2w.

If the game got more players again I don't think the f2p players would be so lonely.
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Pay to Win and Balance
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition