Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RhinoArt

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RhinoArt
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/13/2019 4:12:59   
RhinoDough

Will most likely post more stuff down the road but generally speaking I don't have much time to draw. Drawing is definitely a top hobby of mine though, so hopefully I can churn some more miscellaneous pieces up in the near future

For now though, here's my rendition of Xan, our favorite insane pyromancer friend. Drawing him made me realize that he's literally Ghost Rider + Flash + Joker. What a combo wombo.
Shading is definitely off at some points and I couldn't get the flames to look right but ehhhhhhh good enough for me

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RhinoDough -- 5/13/2019 5:21:27 >
DF  Post #: 1
5/13/2019 17:57:06   
Flamehead 12

First off, welcome to the art gallery.
Now critique time;
I really like the use contour lines and line weight variations. I would have loved to seen it carried throughout the rest of the figure and form. From the looks of it you have fallen prey to what all artists do at some point; drawing the most fun part first. It looks like you had lots of fun drawing the torso and skull and then rushed the limbs a bit. No worries, we all do it. I would love to see the same level of attention carried over from the skull and torso.
I would also like to see a little more done with the negative space behind the form, something to give it a little more touch of drawing. Something to make the negative space feel intentional.
You mention that you couldn't figure out how to make the fire correctly. I must say I really like this take on fire, but you are correct in that it doesn't exactly match the rest of the composition. Perhaps in a slightly more whimsical or cute variant of Xan I could see this take on fire working outstandingly. But in your current composition I believe the in-game method of drawing fire would have sufficed. You have a very comic book esque look to your composition & dragonfable is a manga/anime art style, i.e. the approach will be very similar when drawing fire or other complicated things.
Lastly you mention that you do not have much time for your hobby, I too have this problem, every artist does actually. The secret is to commit to 5 mins. Tell yourself you will just draw for 5 mins. You always end up having fun and getting lost in what you are doing. At the very least you get 5 mins more done on your latest art project!

Anyways I cannot wait to see more from you in the future! ArtOn

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RhinoArt
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition