Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Varium Eclipse (Resetting Levels)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Varium Eclipse (Resetting Levels)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/13/2019 20:43:44   
sippingcider

What if, once a year, during the full moon, the Varium growing on Delta V does a Varium Eclipse, where everyone's level gets reset to 1?

This would solve:

1.) New players would have more real players to play against and not feel so out of the loop.

2.) People with super high ranks getting punished by underdog and matchmaking in 2v2 wouldn't have to deal with that.

3.) Brings back the joy of leveling up. How many of you even remember that glorius screen that says, "!!!LEVEL UP!!!" all flashing and stuff.

4.) If you don't have a new years resolution this could be it: "This year, I'm going to make level 32 in EpicDuel and beat my last year of reaching level 31".

There could be a leaderboard for each year to see who got the highest level.

Can you feel the excitement? Thats the varium eclipse, telling you this is a good idea!
Post #: 1
5/13/2019 21:33:10   
Professor Blue

I love that idea. However, I'm not sure how some of your super high rank players would feel about that. It could be kinda like a "Season" thing (like League of Legends)
Post #: 2
5/13/2019 21:45:18   
.Lord Ginger.

Having the option to reset level, sure.

Automatically? No; that’s ridiculous.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/14/2019 11:03:32   
sippingcider

quote:

I love that idea. However, I'm not sure how some of your super high rank players would feel about that. It could be kinda like a "Season" thing (like League of Legends)

Haha thats where I got this idea (not exactly LOL, but another game with seasons). You bring up a good point though, which I address to Ginger below VVV

quote:

Having the option to reset level, sure.

Automatically? No; that’s ridiculous.

Well we don't want to be ridiculous on Delta V, so how about this:

The reset only effects people who have varum in their inventory during the eclipse. So, at the end of the year, everyone would be in a mad rush to spend all their varum so their level doesn't reset.

But then, on the last day, things get spicy. The Lawman (or some rich NPC) dumps all their varium so they don't get affected by the eclipse either. Players have the option to grab some of this dumped varium, FOR FREE!!! But, here's the catch: The free varium you get is exactly 1111. Thats a lot of free varium, but it would impossible to spend it all (I think there is not a way to spend 1 varium).

So, players would have a dilemma. Do they take the free 1111 varium and get their level reset? Or do they pass up the free varium, and keep their levels? Choices, choices!

(Also, players that keep their levels would have to be out of the running for the yearly leaderboard for highest level)
Post #: 4
5/14/2019 13:40:24   
asterw100000

Should be a option to reset and u get varium or credits as reward, so ppl repeat and grind.
The option should be at lvl 40.
Post #: 5
5/14/2019 14:42:07   
Cyber Dream

It's a cool concept, it's like battle passes and seasons. Throw in cosmetics items such as titles, stars, weapons, hair, armors, etc which represent how far you've gotten that year along with a record reset, then im all for it. Idk, having records for each reset is pretty cool and motivating to me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/14/2019 15:45:32   
Mother1

Nope not supported.

Anyone who wants to experience going through the levels again can use alts which is what a lot of people already do as it is. Not to mention what about those players who don't want to be reset back to level one, like their levels being high, or in other cases fighting those legendary bosses? This forced level down on the masses would in turn not only take that away, but it will make it even harder for players trying to rank up to beat the bosses to do so seeing as said idea would in turn cause them to level down losing it all.

If it was a choice the player could do and implemented right that would be one thing but forcing it on the masses whether they want it or not? No thank you.
Epic  Post #: 7
5/14/2019 16:24:28   
sippingcider

quote:

It's a cool concept, it's like battle passes and seasons. Throw in cosmetics items such as titles, stars, weapons, hair, armors, etc which represent how far you've gotten that year along with a record reset, then im all for it. Idk, having records for each reset is pretty cool and motivating to me.

Ah thats a good idea, kind of like War loot, except based on level.

quote:

Nope not supported.

Anyone who wants to experience going through the levels again can use alts which is what a lot of people already do as it is. Not to mention what about those players who don't want to be reset back to level one, like their levels being high, or in other cases fighting those legendary bosses? This forced level down on the masses would in turn not only take that away, but it will make it even harder for players trying to rank up to beat the bosses to do so seeing as said idea would in turn cause them to level down losing it all.

If it was a choice the player could do and implemented right that would be one thing but forcing it on the masses whether they want it or not? No thank you.

So you would support if it was optional? Like, you get special loot at end of year depending on the level you reached, but only if you did the reset. Or alternatively, you get 1111 varium if you do the reset. Thats a good point about boss npcs, something would have to be done about those being so hard...hmmm....

< Message edited by sippingcider -- 5/14/2019 16:25:06 >
Post #: 8
5/16/2019 16:19:59   
Cyber Dream

Yeah, I don't see any harm in making it optional. *hits the ball into mother's park and waits for a reply*
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Varium Eclipse (Resetting Levels)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition