Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= May 17th Design Notes: A Petal Falls

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= May 17th Design Notes: A Petal Falls
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2019 20:46:22   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

quote:

Verlyrus:

A Petal Falls

Hey there, heroes!

A new arc opens in the Book 3 main story! Previously, you travelled to Nieboheim at the behest of Kara, leader of the rebellion against the Rose. Now that you've returned, well... There's no rest for heroes, is there?

As soon as you've finished regaling Sulen'Eska's court with your story, a most unexpected request arrives.

What could be the matter now?

Head over to Sulen'Eska and speak with Kara to continue the Book 3 main story in this week's quest: A Petal Falls!

Also this week, introducing a much requested new option: Weather Effects!

Turning this option off (uncheckmarked) will turn off weather effects such as rain and snow that can cause severe performance issues for older systems (and even on high graphics on good systems!)

This option is saved to the Flash cookie like all other options.

Have theories about the story? Feedback about recent releases? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
5/17/2019 21:16:03   
abbc de

Oh my, that music. Reminds me of the fire war saga. Love it!
Post #: 2
5/17/2019 21:16:43   
Alm Nullamors

That makes two people set to have a little "talk" with Jaania about the Rose soon. I wonder who's next?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
5/18/2019 0:35:09   
Kurtz96

Does the reward do something? The description makes it seem like it has a special effect.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
5/18/2019 1:25:06   
LordKnight01

The soundtrack in 1st cutscene comes from AQ3D, Dragon Graveyard Theme.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
5/18/2019 1:45:33   
Flabagast

Phew, it's all hitting the fan now isn't it?

spoiler:

If we lost Duat so quickly, I can't imagine what it must be like for Atrea; the Atealans have been through more than enough woe already. And Jaania seems to think that the Magesterium use conventional magic like most of the rest of us. She doesn't know that even if her plan succeeds, the Proclamations will still continue GAH!

It's also cool to see Hansa again, and Alteon is still awesome and I can't wait to see him in action.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
5/18/2019 2:54:04   
Dratomos

So it begins huh? I wonder will we see Atrea reimagined next week?
DF  Post #: 7
5/18/2019 3:19:29   
Alm Nullamors

@Kurtz: The description is referring to those drops to your defense stats that these weapons give; I know I'd have a hard time blocking attacks with something "heavy and awkward to wield". Everything else seems to just be the usual flavour text.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
5/18/2019 5:34:09   
Eragon Dragus

More story progression and weatherless option loved it

< Message edited by Eragon Dragus -- 5/18/2019 5:37:09 >
Post #: 9
5/18/2019 6:16:21   
dragon_master

I suppose a war is in order.
DF  Post #: 10
5/18/2019 7:14:37   
lastspartan

Why do I have a feeling Book 3 will end at the end of the year or early 2020. Book 1 last 4 ish years book 2 last 2 ish while Book 3 has lasted over half a decade.

With every loss we have in our lives, it only strengthens us to get us to our best. Out of failure comes success.
Post #: 11
5/18/2019 8:30:13   
blowthemandown

Wow, turning off weather affects makes such a huge difference. Great job. But man, those reward weapons are ugly.
DF  Post #: 12
5/18/2019 13:33:02   
Ace Woodlink

The dagger's pretty sweet. Always respect a good kris.
MQ  Post #: 13
5/18/2019 17:34:23   
Vaalirus

Akanthus being sent on a counter-operation against the Rose with all the funding he needs as well as which will be done by any means necessary to stop the Magisterium to buy time? What could possibly go wrong?

On a side note if Duat is already this frozen over and the ice elementals are on the way one can only imagine how terrible the situation is at Atrea, but it will be nice to see the Atealans in action again and their champions.

Yesterday's loss leads to folly
DF  Post #: 14
5/18/2019 20:40:24   
Alm Nullamors

Even setting aside that fact that he smuggled one of the Magesterium's focus points into Swordhaven, Akanthus getting free reign like that is essentially how we came to have a destroyed Popsprocket. I think we should all be rightfully concerned.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
5/19/2019 4:12:21   
LurkBlackSmith

Yeah, we should rightfully concerned of Akanthus. Since he did smuggle in one of the magestrium's Proclamations....so will the Atrealians have soul-forged weapons in usage? To any chances we'll see some Atrealian soulweavers around also?

Also will we see one master blacksmith of theirs on scene trying to repair weapons? While suppliers are coming and going from Ravenloss?

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 5/19/2019 4:54:19 >
DF  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= May 17th Design Notes: A Petal Falls
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition