Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= May 24th Design Notes: Song of the Ateala

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= May 24th Design Notes: Song of the Ateala
Page 16 of 17«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/2/2019 2:26:12   
flashbang

spoiler:

That was great. A dope titan battle, what I think is our first look at Yashta's fighting style, a big blue beam to space, and the Empress reverting into just herself? I guess the Unael that had joined with her were the big blue beam. A great end to a great war.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 376
6/2/2019 2:51:10   
docblade

If thats a victory...why does it not feel like one?
DF MQ  Post #: 377
6/2/2019 2:55:44   
Vaalirus

Okay three things, but first that was some titan fight, but I'm still trying to figure out how to beat Cryohem on the ground, but that aside story content!:

spoiler:

1. Yashta is super awesome with those claws and someone refresh my memory but did we ever know what kind of fighter he was as in how exactly did the Empress blessing his hands allow him to do what he does and why? Because either way dem hands are legendary.

It sucks that the Empress has been reduced to what she is to stop the portal and while I assumed that we would come to understand the Unael that had merged with the Empress to be necessary to channel the power that she did I did not think that was going to be necessary for them to essentially be free or unbound from her to make it work. I guess the bright side to this event is that they seem to point out that Unael could return to the Empress at some point or simply more Unael will have to arise to merge or that "her tears would fall" making things better again (whatever that means). My question on this is that while the Empress is in this current state is a large chunk of their history just gone now? I know the others said that their people memorize some of their song but they also said that it was mostly relevant to those individuals own family and profession. So is the parts that no one else knew but the Empress just gone for now or what? Cause if so that's a kick in the teeth to have all that history gone unless the rest has now been memorized by those who were listening

3. As we expected the Magesterium is going to hit Greenguard harder for this, but given that we know what the portals entail for us I have to wonder how we'll strategize to stop them when the time comes again.

< Message edited by Vaalirus -- 6/2/2019 3:00:49 >

Let us find tranquility.
DF  Post #: 378
6/2/2019 3:16:21   
LordKnight01

The first time that I see Isiri's face.
DF AQW  Post #: 379
6/2/2019 3:42:29   
LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

Looks like you'll need to down one minion to have Yashta deal with his DoT along with your own to slowly drain the health...still fighting with necromancer since I'm a nda without using pet dragon yet that small healing buff should be increasing as well? close yet died again, a long fight I would say close to three to four hours to setup and end...

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 6/2/2019 4:26:18 >
DF  Post #: 380
6/2/2019 4:09:41   
Flabagast

I propose an alternative title of this quest:

...Atrea and Ventricles.

Yes. I fought the boss for over half an hour and it's the best I could come up with.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 381
6/2/2019 4:13:29   
hellblade124

great warring every one and the rewards imo are beautiful im not sure who did the art for them but kudos to them :D

P.A.I.N.S.= positive attitude in negative situations
im really glad that your my friend and this is a friendship that will never ever end (if you get this reference than 10 points to wwe fans)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 382
6/2/2019 4:15:04   
LurkBlackSmith

well its super slow and hard for NDAs, and slightly easier for DA users, looks like I'll also wait for them to add a strategy thread for this boss and faq that while slogging away at the boss before turning to bed...

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 6/2/2019 4:19:38 >
DF  Post #: 383
6/2/2019 4:24:31   
RepkyleL26

Using Icebound Revenant is really strong against the war boss
DF AQW  Post #: 384
6/2/2019 4:29:33   
Alm Nullamors

That was a grind and a half, but I won the on-foot battle with PDL.
spoiler:

It was a lengthy strategy of whittling those two meatshields down to double KO range from Energy Dragon Spirit and then whacking the heart with the best skill I had available for the moment, preferebly Dragon Heart. All while making timely use of my defensive Dragon Spirits like Darkness (shield), Earth (dmg reduction), and Wind (heal) when they were needed.

@hellblade: I'm told Dracelix did the art for them.

< Message edited by Alm Nullamors -- 6/2/2019 4:30:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 385
6/2/2019 4:55:25   
LurkBlackSmith

Guess I'll try again in the afternoon,good night.
DF  Post #: 386
6/2/2019 5:00:25   
Roxas45

For anyone having a problem: Bacon and energy orb primalisation.
That is all.

The war helmets look amazing! :D

Also. Holy Hell.

We have to contend with 4 more barriers? At least judging by the map.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 387
6/2/2019 9:09:18   
Kresnik

Icebound Rev is great for ground. Just make sure to use the ice debuff when the boss is immune to dmg for the full effect.
DF AQW  Post #: 388
6/2/2019 10:39:03   
blowthemandown

I really like the reward helmet. Not only is the strength boost through the roof, it shows off the character's face, which seems pretty rare among high-end helmets.
DF  Post #: 389
6/2/2019 10:41:24   
Da Awesomancer

Alright, I've beaten both titan and ground versions of the boss, and I've gotta say that was a really good battle. The land form was a little grindy, but Inn challenges have made me rather use to that.
DF AQW  Post #: 390
6/2/2019 11:01:23   
CorkSulker

the ground battle definitely felt like a semi inn challenge, a condition that you have to bypass and a large health pool. the only thing missing to make it a candidate for a inn challenge is an insane amount of damage.
Post #: 391
6/2/2019 11:16:31   
Zealwrath

woah. this helmet has some big str bonus. it's odd seeing such a big boost with no reduction.
DF AQW  Post #: 392
6/2/2019 11:26:39   
Da Awesomancer

^If I'm not mistaken, the helmet carries no END or WIS bonus, so while that's not a reduction, you'll lose a lot of HP and MP by using it instead of most other helmets.
DF AQW  Post #: 393
6/2/2019 12:16:56   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Oh what a war indeed! Great fun was had here with you heroes and villains.

Until next time...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 394
6/2/2019 14:07:45   
mahasamatman

Hovering over the Boss Fight button says "It's time to take down the biggest threat to Atrea yet."

Now come on. Seriously?

Also, cewl fight, super grindy though. Took like 70-100 turns or so with RW.
DF  Post #: 395
6/2/2019 14:42:18   
Zealwrath

Man beating the boss with the dragon is pretty easy, but the on-foot fight is impossible for me. maybe i should time my burst and change my class
DF AQW  Post #: 396
6/2/2019 15:15:26   
elcidIII

i'm all for challenging boss fights in the main questlines, but i feel like these sorts of super grindy fights should stay in the inn.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 397
6/2/2019 15:27:55   
LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

I still have a eerie feeling it'll be necromanized the Malerous after we beat the Magisterium's Proclamations....along with Akanthus and soon afterwards Falconreach get bind sided with stolen Proclamations and undead beasts before forcefully fused together for a end!
DF  Post #: 398
6/2/2019 15:59:40   
Plutonium

spoiler:

Outpost Yeden.
DF  Post #: 399
6/2/2019 16:23:43   
Dante Redorigin

I asked Tomix on Twitter if carpal tunnel coverage was one of the war rewards @_@ Cripes this was a lot
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= May 24th Design Notes: Song of the Ateala
Page 16 of 17«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition