Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= An olive branch

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= An olive branch
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/9/2019 8:02:58   
Valpro

...Show me some options.
AQ  Post #: 26
8/28/2019 9:26:02   
Watcher
From Beyond

It seems my guidance has not merely been discarded or ignored, but outright betrayed. And the harm is far, far greater for it. I had expected greater damage still - Surely this is strengthening War enough to risk a prompt, if partial, reconstitution. However, the strife is yet to involve the demipower again. I had foreseen many possible outcomes, but this is anomalous among them.

I do wish I had a better silver lining to offer than this faintest of insights: Perhaps now it shows why shepherding the dishonorable is more reliable than letting much hinge on the honorable retaining that quality.
Post #: 27
8/28/2019 14:02:02   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

In other words... You messed up giving the wrong power to the wrong person and now we will have to clean up your mess?

If anything, I'm happy this wasn't within your plans, but the outcome is still not something I'm particularly fond of, we'll have to face off one of our old friends due to your interference... If you wanted to get our favor, you certainly started with the wrong step.
AQ  Post #: 28
8/28/2019 15:53:12   
Watcher
From Beyond

I provided knowledge, and nothing more, to someone who would be willing to secretly undermine the Riders. Someone who displayed strength of character, commitment to personal excellence, and what at the time appeared to be a sufficient measure of honor.

I did not directly give the power of a Rider's lieutenant to anyone, and indeed encouraged only the acquisition of the power itself - Not that of other lieutenants, and certainly not in a way that contravenes volition. We have established that such is essential to me. These events are not only outside of my plans, they lie far beyond my recommendations and warnings. The power's theft, its application through Vector, and the resulting undermining of the Demipowers, are as far as my involvement go. Years beyond his involvement, my contact seemed content with this and had made no overtures of abusing power nor artifact - Indeed, Vector seems to have been dismissed entirely.

Am I to be held responsible for his actions, long after our contract, being ignored and derided when recommending against this very course of action? Is my 'interference' the cause?

It seems to me as though I am being judged by the least charitable interpretation of my actions. Consider the following: If I was indeed responsible for this, the powers that be would have removed me with the utmost prejudice already.

If you can see through your spite, I would offer you knowledge as well. There is little in terms of concise help that I can find after having lost contact, and with the possible outcomes changing so wildly, but know this: The power of Mayhem is one of possession, but a fleshbound mortal can only use it for domination. It may in turn be used for further thievery, but its divine nature is limited separately by the mortal mind and body. Predict your opponent's movements and act preemptively - Before the vessel warps and aspires to succession.
Post #: 29
8/28/2019 23:39:57   
Primate Murder

I apologize for the rather hostile words of my fellow hero, but, to be fair, it is difficult to guess what exactly is known and what isn't to a being outside the linear flow of time.

Would you be willing to elaborate on your words? When you say succession... one involving the domination of all three of the war's lieutenants... could you possibly mean to say that he may become War itself?
AQ DF  Post #: 30
8/29/2019 1:29:49   
Watcher
From Beyond

At best, he might be able to become what he seized, perhaps even risk being claimed as such. As long as the Rider is alive, attempting to become more would be futile and self-destructive in the best of cases.
Post #: 31
8/29/2019 2:15:19   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

It is pretty surprising to find out the events leading to this actually happened years ago...

I'm curious though, if this is an anomalous outcome, what were the outcomes you were prepared for? I can understand you were hoping for the best outcome, but you surely foresaw the possibility of it going awry... If you gave him the power because he is honorable, why then did you not expect him to get more and more involved with this power for the sake of this very honor?

Your words do soothe me to some extent though, knowing he can't become more is definitely a plus... The fact he can be claimed as Mayhem though? That worries me... We can't have Mayhem back. And definitely not at the cost of Zhilo.
AQ  Post #: 32
11/7/2019 12:27:31   
roobee

I had found it strange afterwards, that I had denied the mantle. For one such as myself to care about corruption and friends.
Upon reflection I realized this oddity had been happening for a while. Ever since the Truphma's departure, I have not quite been myself. Choices made as if by another.
I shall find who did this to me. And if it was you, Watcher, nothing will protect you from me. But if it was not and you value choice as much as you claim, then grant me knowledge on how to reclaim mine. Do so and I shall aid you in whatever you desire.

edit:
Another trickster arrives who claims to help. Smells like your work.

< Message edited by roobee -- 1/8/2020 15:51:50 >
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= An olive branch
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition