Galactic Assassin X
No, I don't want the boss to be predictable. The whole point of him scrambling the menu is to be unpredictable.
But there are the following assumptions:
1. The boss will prioritize using a potion every turn, based on his bars and the player's. That answers your "60%" question - yes, the boss does use potions based on bar values.
2. The boss can use a skill instead, which has more "hurt" than just using a potion. By this I mean while potions create DoTs of low values and are single-purpose, skills are single-turn of high value and can be multi-purpose. He's an alchemist, not just a chemist; he can do alchemical things that aren't potion-based.
3. Basically yes to your entire "example" paragraph; if someone deals Magic damage, the boss will prioritize an MP poison. The point of the boss is to require creative versatility from the player.
4. The % of potions/poisons slightly increases the higher level of the player.
As for your ideas, this is why I counter them:
- Elemental resist with low MRM just means the player will use Void/Harm and get tons of hits in with high power. INT and END are important, but high MRM is the ONLY thing that really gives a boss survivability. By high I don't mean 40, I mean 80 or some other very high number.
- Standard monster damage - no. The potions (including poisons) deal PERCENT damage, not raw damage. This means a poison could hypothetically drain 5% per turn.
- The boss does not require anything other than a turn for using any potion. If you're suggesting this as a skill, that's probably more of an SP thing and it wouldn't involve a potion.
- It can use healing potions for any bar it has at any time. 50% is too low to start doing it. But the boss is supposed to prioritize based on which of his bars are lowest.
- Again, potions don't consume MP HP or SP. They only require a turn. An alchemist can do more than just use potions; if anything, this would be a skill.
- Last one, NO. I already said the Attack button becomes renamed the Steal, button - each attack from it, you have the chance to steal. ONLY Attack should be able to do this, not skills or spells.
Nukes won't work. The boss has naturally high survivability, and it uses skills/potions based on player attacks. If players want to use a nuke spell the enemy will be like, oh wait that's a spell I'll use a move that wrecks their spell use. Normally this is based on the player's attack's MRM but the boss can also react to specific moves. Already there are mobs with PWD counter; this mob can have reactions for various known nukes.
Heck, the entire point of scrambling is so that if a player tries to use a nuke in succession they'll end up unwillingly picking a different move instead because of the scramble.
But if that's not enough, maybe the boss can have a second form that differs based on how many turns were taken to beat its first form. If a player just tries to nuke it from orbit in the first form, they'll have hell to pay for the second form.
< Message edited by Galactic Assassin X -- 6/17/2019 21:49:12 >