Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes June 7th, 2019: House Hunters:Construction Quest + Become the DoomDragon's Master

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes June 7th, 2019: House Hunters:Construction Quest + Become the DoomDragon's Master
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/7/2019 22:03:45   
  kaos rules x

Shadow Slayin' ArchKnight of AQWorlds

quote:

June 07, 2019

House Hunters: Construction Quest
Talk to Carl in /BuyHouse to build 10 new houses!
Last month, we asked on social media what in-game buildings/maps you'd like to see turned into equippable houses... and now, construction is ready to begin! Head to the /buyhouse zone and talk to Carl (of the 3 Little Wolves) to begin questing for the building materials you'll need to craft your perfect house.

House Hunt Details
To craft your dream home, you'll only need two things: the blueprint for that floorplan and building materials. Lots of building materials. Each floorplan has a different way to get it.
  • Clubhouse: Battle the RiddleLord Golem
  • Citadel Caverns: Battle Belrot the Fiend
  • Citadel Fortress: Murray’s shop
  • Dragonrune House: Elemental Master rep shop
  • Dragonrune Hall: Battle for the Mana Golem's Core to upgrade the Dragonrune House
  • Hachiko Hotel: Yokai rep shop
  • Arcangrove House: Arcangrove rep shop
  • Tower of Magic: Battle for the Mana Golem's Core to upgrade the Arcangrove house
  • Falcontower: Battle Dragon Drakath
  • Seraphic Fortress: Seraphic Gear shop

Talk to Carl to quest for the building materials you'll need. Each house requires a hefty load of wood, glass, and other materials. Plus gold. These little wolves don't oversee constructionf for free.

10 Year Achievement Tracker Class Update
Last October, we announced the newest Achievement Tracker rewards... exclusive class variants. Since the planned rewards were taking longer than expeceted, we released the class armor sets. But now, at long last, our most dedicated players will be able to unlock their free class variation!

• 10 Years Played: Highseas Commander
  • 600,000 AdventureCoins: Grim Necromancer
  • 9 Years Membership: Skycharged Grenadier

You can read more details on each of the classes in this Design Notes post.

Tags: Alina,

quote:

June 07, 2019

Become the DoomDragon's Master
Upgrade to unlock new exclusive gear sets!
Sepulchuroth, the Dragon of DOOM, bows to no hero... unless they prove they can defeat him. Starting this Friday night, get the DoomDragon's Master armor set with 3 armors, accessories, pet/battlepet, and more when you buy any AdventureCoin or Membership package of $10 USD or more.

After you purchase an account upgrade, select a bonus set of your choice from a list of options in your Account Manager.

Pack Details

Choose the DoomDragon's Master pack to unlock two mount armors, a rider armors, a pet, battlepet, and more.
  • DoomDragon's Master and DoomDragon mount armors
  • DoomDragon Rider
  • 3 DoomDragon Rider helms
  • DoomDragon Rider's wings, Rune, and Winged Rune back items
  • DoomDragon Rider's blade (single and dual-wield)
  • DoomDragon pet
  • Enraged DoomDragon battlepet (member-only)
  • Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts added straight to your inventory
  • and a character page badge

Once you've chosen the DoomDragon's Master bonus on the Account Manager page, log in and find the set's shop in the Other Achievements tab in your Book of Lore.

Community Choice Poll
Back in late April, we asked you all on social media which dragon you'd like to have as a mount armor for this set. The choices were...
  • Sepulchuroth
  • Fluffy the Undead Dragon

The poll finished at 51 / 49, with Sepulchuroth winning by the BAREST sliver of bone. So Darkon made the incredible, DragonFable-inspired DoomDragon's Master armor set. But many of you still wished you could get the Fluffy mount. That's why, later this month, Darkon will go back and create the UndeadDragon's Master mount armor and rider. If you get the package, you will automatically unlock the new gear once it is ready.

12000 AC or 12 month membership package rewards:
  • ALL the DoomDragon's Master gear
  • 7 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts
  • 10 Wheel of Doom Tickets (worth 2,000 ACs!)

Boosts and Doom Tickets will be added directly to your inventory.

2k and 5k AC or 1, 3, or 6 month membership package rewards:
  • ALL the DoomDragon's Master gear
  • 5 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts

Upgrade to unlock your choice of exclusive bonuses
When you buy any AC or membership pack worth $10 USD or more, you'll be able to choose one of the following bonus sets:
  • DoomDragon's Master mount/rider armors
  • Infinity Titan Class / Throne / House
  • Galactic Captain / Galactic Battle Pilot
  • Paragon Fiend / Legion Paragon Fiend Rider
  • Akiban Defender
  • Copper Void ChronoKnight
  • Golden Northlands Royalty

With our upgrade pack bonuses, you get even more options and choices in your rewards. Plus, each time you upgrade, you get to choose a new reward!

Important Details

• ALL of the upgrade bonus gear for a set will be available when you buy an AC or membership pack worth $10 USD.
  • Each time you upgrade, you'll be able to choose another bonus set. If you've already unlocked all the available sets, once a new one releases, you'll be able to choose it immediately.

If you buy a 12,000 AC or 12 month membership pack, in addition to choosing an upgrade bonus set, you'll also get 7x Game Boosts, a character page badge, plus 10 Wheel of Doom Fortune Tickets (worth 2,000 ACs).

Tags: Alina,

Alright, some new DNs. So many houses, so many pictures ~ kaos rules x

< Message edited by kaos rules x -- 6/7/2019 22:29:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
6/8/2019 6:23:46   
Loftyz

Elemental Master rep shop 10, omegalul. please don't make the rep easier to train. this is the true AQW experience.
DF AQW  Post #: 2
6/8/2019 9:22:55   
_Morpher_

I appreciate that they show drop rates for quest items now.
MQ  Post #: 3
6/8/2019 11:02:33   
G Man

So, on top of waiting 7 months for the variants, we're expected to go through a somewhat easy, but tedious farm (Unless you're legend) to get the classes?
I get that not everything should be handed to you, but after this long of a wait, we shouldn't have to go through extra hoops.
I'm not going to bother with this for a while, I'm just so annoyed at this situation...

Edit:
And no, it's not being lazy, I've farmed a lot of tedious stuff, this is just.... yeah.
Imagine after 7 months of waiting for something, when you're told it'll get to you ASAP; say.... a figure, or accessory to a figure to make it complete, and once you get it, you have to assemble it yourself.
It'd be annoying.

< Message edited by G Man -- 6/8/2019 11:10:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
6/8/2019 11:08:42   
Beshin Adin

One of the most boring releases ever -_-

Houses......Ooooh, fun

At least I'll unlock Highseas Commander on Monday

< Message edited by Beshin Adin -- 6/8/2019 11:28:31 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 5
6/8/2019 11:31:36   
Tyroniter

I'm surprised no one's bothered by the fact that Highseas Commander is just a glorified Pirate class, when it was previously promised to be a Naval Commander variant instead. It's extremely disappointing to see something like this happen, and I don't even remember any sort of announcement on this fact being made previously.
AQW  Post #: 6
6/8/2019 11:50:00   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

quote:

Elemental Master rep shop 10, omegalul. please don't make the rep easier to train. this is the true AQW experience.

This makes me glad I grinded Elemental Master rep to rank 10 /blobsweat
Sadly, I'm down to only 400k gold after farming Legion Revenant, so all the shop-based blueprints are gonna have to come later.

quote:

I appreciate that they show drop rates for quest items now.

This.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/8/2019 12:24:38   
Veya

@Tyroniter

At no point they ever claimed the class was going to be Naval Commander, this was purely an assumption because the Enchanted Pirate armor was called "Enchanted Naval Commander" at first, and they changed the name of the armor later.

It is also a lot more than just a "glorified Pirate", it is significantly more powerful than Pirate, and no longer has randomized buffs on the 3, instead making it possible to quite easily get all 3 buffs with a single activation of the 3.
AQW  Post #: 8
6/8/2019 12:57:04   
Rtkat3

So the 3 Little Wolves have now started a business in Battleon after we first met them in Greenguard West. These three are anthropomorphic wolves and not to be confused with werewolves for those of you who are wondering.

Has anyone seen the release of the June Calendar for AQW? I was hoping it would reveal who is next on our list of allies to help us and Varga: Goddess of War against Malgor and his forces. We already gained the Pirate Queen Teja as an ally after persuading her not to side with Malgor while also freeing Keelhaul Ricky.
AQ  Post #: 9
6/8/2019 13:51:28   
Beshin Adin

Next is Jinx the Thief
AQ AQW  Post #: 10
6/8/2019 16:59:19   
Tyroniter

@Veya

Admitted that it's not fully the same as Pirate, but it's still in the same vein as it. Imo a Naval Commander variant would have been much better as that's something more exclusive and rewarding, atleast for me it would've been. As for them not saying it was going to be a Naval Commander variant, I went back and saw the post for it, and they explicitly mention it was going to be a Naval Commander variant. You can check it yourself if you'd like: https://www.artix.com/posts/aqworlds-10th-birthday/

I'm not mad about it being a Pirate variant, I'm mad that there was absolutely no communication about this change at all, and how everyone's just overlooking this and brushing it off.
Edit: Image link, just in case https://m.imgur.com/0iDJnl8?r

< Message edited by Tyroniter -- 6/8/2019 17:02:29 >
AQW  Post #: 11
6/8/2019 17:43:02   
LurkBlackSmith

Since this a house release, the third week's release would be Pirate Queen's Teja's new ship being made by us or Varga gives out a ship to her?
DF  Post #: 12
6/8/2019 17:58:14   
Beshin Adin

June 1: Summer AC bonus + ShadowZard Rider Seasonal Set

June 7: Achievement Tracker Classes, House quests, and more + Doom Dragon Warrior upgrade bonus

June 14: Father's Day... OF DOOM!

June 21: Shadows of War: Jinx the Thief, Part 1 + Summer Shop

June 28: Shadows of War: Jinx the Thief, Part 2 + Wheel of Doom merge shop
AQ AQW  Post #: 13
6/8/2019 18:53:17   
Veya

@Tyroniter

That information never was in the AQW DNs, which is what I had double-checked, I thought had no reason to check anything but the Design Notes, but alas..

As for the initial question, I prefer it to be Pirate over Naval Commander, we just got Legion Revenant for a farming class only a couple weeks ago, and a new farming/support class so quickly after LR would get drowned out to me, a Pirate variation that functions as a single-target DPS is far better to me in the sense that it works as some variety, I only wish it had Mage model over Rogue model for its Mana.

< Message edited by Veya -- 6/8/2019 18:54:11 >
AQW  Post #: 14
6/8/2019 19:34:55   
Tyroniter

Yeah I mean I'm not disappointed in the class at all, it seems pretty cool, but it's just that I've been seeing a lot of negatives recently that no one really addresses or brings forward to the developers that's really putting me off from AQW. Putting aside all the storyline shenanigans they pulled, this undisclosed change in the classes release, then the Dark Scroll quest line that was completely abandoned with no explanations or anything, no real talk of the Monster Hunter class we were promised, or any progress on the Server Rewrite, and so so many more issues that no one is even bothering to talk about, idk, after 10 years of playing AQW religiously, I'm extremely sad how much this causes me to lose interest and almost give up on it.
AQW  Post #: 15
6/8/2019 20:11:29   
Veya

> no real talk of the Monster Hunter class we were promised, or any progress on the Server Rewrite

This is something they talked about a couple months ago, actually, but it wasn't good news.

quote:

(New) Server Rewrite: Update announced in January. The new server will be used for AQ2D (or whatever it's true, final, for-real name will be), but will not release for AQWorlds (the web version you play now).
Monster Hunter Class This class is no longer scheduled for release on the web.

So... yeah... the reason nobody is talking about this stuff anymore is probably because they already closed the book on them a few months ago, and there is no point in discussing it anymore.
AQW  Post #: 16
6/9/2019 3:39:05   
Tyroniter

Exactly my point, a lot of negatives, with no real positives on the horizon. And then we have the Dark Scroll thing and now this class stuff which has slipped by completely unannounced, and no one wants to call out the developers on any of this from what I'm seeing(or rather, the devs are extremely tight lipped about addressing any of this). Hurts to see.
AQW  Post #: 17
6/9/2019 13:38:04   
zanathos

7 month wait for Naval Commander variant class, not only did it get moved to a Pirate variant, but it's pretty underwhelming and theres not even any new battle animations.

Good to know where 10-year players stand with AQW. This is definitely my last year putting up with this, hate to leave a game i put so much time in, but it doesn't feel to have any sort of payoff anymore.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
6/10/2019 12:45:48   
Beshin Adin

I've gotten a few compliments already weaing the Evolved Grenadier set
AQ AQW  Post #: 19
6/11/2019 8:06:26   
reneilto56

we need to have an increase in strength in some classes.
AQW  Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes June 7th, 2019: House Hunters:Construction Quest + Become the DoomDragon's Master
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition