Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Vartai Reavers w/o Stun meta?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Vartai Reavers w/o Stun meta?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2019 19:48:35   
JanusHoW

I'm having trouble beating the Vartai Reavers in the Burning Solstice quest without resorting to the Essence Orb/Love Potion combination. Is there a way I can do it without it or without stupidly good luck?

Here's my character: https://guardian.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=987780
Post #: 1
6/8/2019 22:02:31   
AliceShiki

Easiest method I can think of is using a Darkness armor with decent Water Resistance ( Banshee form, for example) with a Darkness Shield and a Water Misc ( Layard's Loyalty, for example). Or a water armor/shield with Darkness misc.

You could also bring a form of healing (like Healing Branch) in order to heal loop against the enemy in case they're dodging too much and you need some sustainability before going back to fighting normally. Kindred Pet + Kindred Shield is also a great way of generating lots of resources in order to heal loop.

I hope this helps! ^^)/
AQ  Post #: 2
6/9/2019 16:00:56   
JanusHoW

Using my Kindred Armor, Celtic Wheel Shield and Mecha Knight Power Core helped. Thanks!

Now, how to deal with Carnage...
Post #: 3
6/9/2019 16:14:41   
Rafiq von den Vielen

You don't want to draw out a battle with Carnage. He has a mechanic where he gets stronger the more turns a battle takes.

Hit him hard, and hit him fast.
Post #: 4
6/9/2019 16:57:52   
AliceShiki

From my own experimentation, Carnage's damage output seems to rise according to how low his health is, so trying to keep a high HP while he has above 1/2 health and then nuking him to death might be a valid way of going about it.

Keeping Mecha Knight Power Core active the whole time might also help.
AQ  Post #: 5
6/11/2019 4:21:48   
ruleandrew

Carnage become fully powered after your party land ~ 5 hits on Carnage. You must stun Carnage once he is fully powered.

Carnage (level 135) sp attack deal ~1350 darkness damage (18% darkness element modifier and good darkness misc resistance)
AQ  Post #: 6
6/11/2019 5:22:29   
Red Blood

Yeah his special thing hasn't changed although can't say it maters much if you do take him down fast with a good darkness set up doing even less so if you have some points into hp so even if he does get an sp attack in it won't be an instant kill. Granted some things like the space and time stones are perfect for making him even weaker either by delaying him by a turn to deny that sp attack or ensuring it hits quite a bit softer than it would normally with standard purple rain combo always being useful.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
6/11/2019 6:11:22   
lolerster

For Carnage, you can just push your darkness resist down to 3%/4% with Head of Raydius Dragon + 39%/40% FD darkness armor if you don't want to stun him. If you are using the level 150 version of the shadow set, you can get that number to 2%.

< Message edited by lolerster -- 6/11/2019 6:12:00 >
AQ  Post #: 8
6/12/2019 15:42:00   
JanusHoW

Is the reward worth it? If it isn't, I won't bother.
Post #: 9
6/13/2019 2:03:39   
AliceShiki

Rewards: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22363409
AQ  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Vartai Reavers w/o Stun meta?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition