Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

150 lvl Hybrid

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> 150 lvl Hybrid
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2019 12:20:27   
Sqwall

Character Link : http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=147442
Level & Status : Lvl 150 Guardian
Build : Hybrid
Armor of Awe/UltraGuardian Element: Wind
Notes: Need help with my setup. Also this character is untouched since the stat cap increase so advice on stats will be appreciated as well.
Z-Tokens (If Applicable): 73k

Lately i haven't been around much and have only bought items i have been told are good but never really had the time to try to fit stuff together. So there should be powerful and perhaps inventory worthy items in my storage - i just can't get enough time to do research and think what's good so please help me out.

One thing i wish to point out is that although i'm doing the control combo for burst i still like very much defensive play style so the treasures miscs and Head of Rydius Dragon are stuff that have been glued to my inventory for years and i like them a lot. I know because it have been said before that they will probably be pointed out for swapping with something else first but unless there is a REAL good reason to do so i might keep them.

Thanks in advance.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
6/12/2019 14:43:35   
Legendary Ash

For Stats shift 200 Luk to raise Str and Int to 250, Dex to 200.

Kindred Spirits' Enlightenment for Auto hit
Horo Vanquisher for Harm toggle
Sell Dainashini as shop is at Ballyhoo, Frogzard, Wyrm, Pyro to Patriot, Tarsal, Chrono and store Mighty Blade, Monolith

Horo-Vigilante for Pre- Status lean with slightly above Neutral lean intake, Offensive output and an old standard High Elecomp skill that's stronger than modern ones
Werewolf as second no drop after completing Werewolf Lair's 11th mission
High Oracle's Taladosian Robes for same reason as Horo
Angel of Souls
Sell Tribal/Tinker/Decimator as shop is at Ballyhoo, Au-rmour, Ire, Wyrm, Aracknight, Rabid as a Mogloween seasonal, Boy, Winged, Wabbit as a Grenwog seasonal and store Frostval Past, Cyber, Kindred Spirits' Valiance to store charges to deal 6x damage per skill use against tough bosses

Sell Arthur as its a common GGB, Hydro as shop is at Ballyhoo, Scale, Mirror to Energy, Agony

Sell Poelala Z, Cyclone, Whirl, Recovery and Envy

Floating Pie
Sell Wyrm, Sword, Shark as its a common GGB, Cupid as a Snugglefest seasonal, Braken to Fish, 292, Dino, Obelisk, Bobble, Harbinger and store Ice Dragon

Father's Day Sock for Wind/Earth resist, returns to LTS on Father's day
Terror Visage for +20 Fear potence to pair with Werewolf's Snarl
Essence Orb
Pixel Ether
Sell Necklace, Mirror , Galin, Evil, War as shop is at Ballyhoo, Horo, Blood, Hogg, Mark, Earring, Firework and store Raydius, Gogg, Mind, Taladosian
AQ  Post #: 2
6/13/2019 1:27:58   
Primate Murder

For the moment, shifting 100 Luck into Str/Int seems like the best choice, but Kaelin mentioned rolling in changes starting mid-June, so it's entirely possible you may need to restat again in a few weeks. Unless you're in a hurry, I suggest waiting for a bit to see if the changes are going through or getting postponed.

Weapons

I would advise switching your no-drop to earth, since Morningstar requires blocking (and thus Dex) to be useful, and Custom Sword is not really anything special. For wind, you can use either Shamrock Sensu (from Blarney painting) to take advantage of your Luck, or the Fujin Athame for Grenwog's wind SPell (to compensate for lowered accuracy from 100 Dex).

Monolith Mace works best with Dragonguard Invocation. Without that, I'd have to second LA and suggest an autohit weapons.

Finally, while not a necessity, I would suggest playing around with the Book of Burns from the Moderator Challenge. It's basically Kindred in tome form, and some folks on Discord have already killed Carnax 1-on-1 with it. If it fits into your playstyle, great! If not, it's still useful enough to keep in storage.

Armors

Let's see... Armor of Frostval Past is useful for utility, but as an ice armor it's FD - making it a pretty bad choice to use with Thrale's Scorn. Unless you decide to switch that for the Book of Burns, Horo Show, Cryomancer Bloodmage or Cthonian Count (earth/ice vamp) would generally be better choices for an FO build.

Unless you have need of Tribal Shaman's accuracy boost, I suggest switching it for a utility armor (such as Generalist Robes), since you already have an earth amror in Grenwog.

Shields

Was there any particular reason you're not using CIT? It is the stongest boost we currently have to weapon attacks and skills.

If you're going to make the switch to earth no-drops, Fujin shield replaces Morningstar.

Also, Shield of Agony's Embrace relies on blocking (subpar with 100 Dex), so I would suggest replacing it with something like Grakma Hide.

Spells

Grenwog armor gives you nukes for earth and wind that don't require stuns - which means you can freely discard Gravity Crush and Biggest Fan. In their place I suggest Poelala and Archmage Research (since you lack a harm weapon).

Thinder Wave looses 25% damage to compensate for the effect - MegaShock would be a better choice for a damage spell (also, +10 bth lean). If you do want an effect spell, Blood Ruby Rain preps the monster for your Moglord nuke.

Pets

Underwyrmling for fire, just in case you need to prevent the monster from healing/nuking.

Kindred pet if you decide to use the Kindred sword.

Keep Fujin for wind.

Frosty Godmother (from LTS) is overall the superior option for an ice pet.

Nerfit inflicts againt monster Luck - and pretty much all monsters have Luck. Hammer Turret might be a better choice.

You have the Blarney painting, so you can get Lepre-Chan for light.

And Poelala covers the rest of the elements.

Miscs

I would suggest switching one of the miscs (Taladosian Pendant, perhaps) for either Time Gauntlet of Love Potion. Potion stacks with Vamp's Mesemrize, but Time has a guaranteed stun (againt monsters w/o Freedom).
AQ  Post #: 3
6/14/2019 4:32:58   
Sqwall

Well i don't use CIT because it lowers further my already subpar accuracy. I would love to get Book of Burns however afterlifex 1hits me every time without fail no matter what i do and since my stats don't support evading play style i can't dodge it either (nice and balanced eh? ).
You said "Potion stacks with Vamp's Mesemrize, but Time has a guaranteed stun". What does that mean - Time Gauntlet doesn't stack with other Mesemrize?

< Message edited by Sqwall -- 6/14/2019 4:35:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
6/14/2019 4:42:07   
Primate Murder

Well, you can use the Surprise spell and Helm of Frostval Past to counteract the accuracy loss - or not, that's your choice. It's just that 50% extra damage is pretty bs.

Afterlifex... I'm assuming you're talkign about his Revenge attack after he's reduced to 1 hp? Just take it nice and slow -the attack deals higher damage if you kill him quickly. Spend 10 turns killing him and the nuke should be quite survivable.

Mesmerize inflicts Control, while Time inflicts paralysis - different statuses don't really stack.
AQ  Post #: 5
6/14/2019 6:06:26   
Sqwall

Well i'm using Goggernaut helm for accuracy. 2019 Surprise as well.

Yes i meant that attack - i basically 1hit him with Lumenomancer Robes then drop my darkness res to 3% and then he 1hits me >.>

Even tho those statuses don't stack i can still use gauntlet in the last turn i have control no?

Also do you mean Frosty Godfather? I don't see Frosty Godmother in the LTS.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
6/14/2019 6:27:12   
Primate Murder

Yeah, Afterlifex revenge nuke deals more damage the faster you kill him - basically, anti-meta. Use HoRD to lower your DarkResist to 3%, kill him over 10 turns and the nuke should pose no problem whatsoever.

Sure, you can use Time like that. I merely meant that you can't use it with Mesmerize during the Purple Rain loop. Apologies if I was unclear.

That's my bad - it seems Godmother left LTS already. As for godfather... we don't really have info subs yet, so no comment.
AQ  Post #: 7
6/14/2019 7:11:34   
Sqwall

Yeah i guess that's the stuff with him - didn't have much problem....DUM is quite wtf...basically 99% of things in this game are multi hit and he becomes immune after one hit of the element...Lol
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
6/14/2019 17:09:40   
Red Blood

Multi element spells, something like Ku brush, or even just using Carnax fighter while swapping your main weapon are some ways to get around Dum's special effect.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
6/14/2019 23:34:46   
Primate Murder

Well, Kindred + Prismatic Paintbrush is the easiest way to beat him.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 6/14/2019 23:35:08 >
AQ  Post #: 10
6/15/2019 1:26:27   
Red Blood

Yup Kindred is the easy way, and Ku Brush is pretty much the warrior version of the Paintbrush sadly it doesn't get to 150 though.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
6/15/2019 2:25:46   
Sqwall

But Prismatic Paintbrush does random element so it can roll the same element again correct?

< Message edited by Sqwall -- 6/15/2019 2:28:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
6/15/2019 3:49:29   
Primate Murder

Yes, but so can any other eleshifting weapon. The benefit of Prismatic Brush is that it changes elements every hit instead of every turn.
AQ  Post #: 13
6/15/2019 4:05:09   
Red Blood

Ku brush does that as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
6/15/2019 7:50:16   
Sqwall

I see. So both hits of the Kindred Strike will go in instead of only one which saves you a turn. That's the logic behind it?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
6/15/2019 8:09:00   
Primate Murder

Yes, exactly.
AQ  Post #: 16
6/16/2019 16:52:51   
Red Blood

Yup otherwise you might take 3 turns of strikes if not more to do it. Certainly can be done will just take longer.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> 150 lvl Hybrid
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition