Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Burning Solstice Part II - War Dragons

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Burning Solstice Part II - War Dragons
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2019 5:33:38   
EST OverLord

also probably should switch to a non subrace for the quests the reavers do harm damage otherwise
ps: probably should clean my estate and max resources kek

< Message edited by EST OverLord -- 6/22/2019 6:09:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
6/22/2019 6:22:56   
Doomknight Arakos

lol truth be told, War was easier to beat than his own mobs. Pathetic to the point that I almost feel sorry for him.
AQ  Post #: 27
6/22/2019 8:40:39   
J9408

^I had more trouble with the War Dragon than War himself.
Post #: 28
6/22/2019 10:13:45   
toannghe1997

@Akaros to be fair, he is in a weakened state after all
Post #: 29
6/22/2019 15:09:50   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

LOL! I actually lost to War once! xD

Barely lost, like... One more turn and he would die, but his mechanic of dealing more damage the longer the battle goes totally got me, I tend to take my time beating bosses.

Then I kinda realized that fighting an enemy that has 100% on all resistances and hits with ele-seek without using elecomp isn't the best idea out there... So I used Lyr's Druid's spell for as much damage as I could, and then switched to Svad when out of MP... Ended up going smoothly~

Oh, and I really liked the fact Panic was immune to Fear and threw the Fear right back at you whenever he was supposed to be stunned by it, that was a wonderful flavor thingy...

His defensive-stance thingy on the other hand was pretty weird, seemed to do nothing aside from increasing his MRM without any change in its actual stats, which was... Very very weird. I'd like if he was buffed a bit to make that stance do something, right now it basically seems like a way to make him waste a turn.

I wonder who is the being that shares a realm with Panic though, I'm curious... Also, when we went face to face with War, I thought the Lords would help us like they did against Carnel and that one Alien deity that destroyed Lore once. Didn't expect that the "It's not the only avatar I brought" sentence meant Gaspar and Sheila.

Lovely release, looking forward to how the next one will go~

That Shadow at the end Resembled Zhilo, though it felt like it was Mayhem speaking... Curious~

< Message edited by AliceShiki -- 6/22/2019 15:12:04 >
AQ  Post #: 30
6/22/2019 18:07:55   
s_venom

This quest was top notch.
There so many instances that I was sure the quest was about to end.
When the Hero was talking about a surgical strike or when Panic talked about their plans, I was sure this was going to be a bunch more quests.
I was wrong, and I really enjoyed the pacing.
This was an amazing job.
AQ DF  Post #: 31
6/23/2019 7:15:41   
ruleandrew

War dragon almost make me lose that fight but I won it.

War: Volatile Form tips

Every time the player (via player attack) hit War, War combat defence increase by 1.
War attack power is based on War health percentage. War attack power is high when war health percentage is low. War attack power is low when war health percentage is high.

War sp attack is melee darkness.
War normal attack is seek highest element modifier (melee).
AQ  Post #: 32
6/23/2019 11:07:53   
JanusHoW

Those War Dragons are a pain - probably because most of my armors are essentially mono-element, so I had to burn all 10+ of my health potions to beat just one of them and mitigate the Darkness damage, and even spam my Cure spells and Chocolate Syrup just to get to Panic.

On the other hand, Panic himself is a joke if you have any of the Kusanagi Swords since they always hit, no matter what their MRM is and he's 100% to Wind. The fact that he spams his defensive stance as he gets closer to death just makes it even easier if you have it.

I haven't gotten to War yet, since I need potions to beat those dragons.
AQ  Post #: 33
6/23/2019 14:03:35   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@JanusHoW Use a Fire Armor/Shield and a Darkness Misc like Mecha Knight Power Core to beat the War Dragons. Shouldn't be too hard like that.

Don't use an old misc like Head of the Radius Dragon though, those are terrible and won't help you at all.
AQ  Post #: 34
6/23/2019 14:38:22   
Slayne

Mecha Knight Armor also works well enough against them.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
6/23/2019 14:47:52   
battlesiege15

Wowzer, that was probably one of the hardest quests in this game just due to the sheer resilience of the mobs. Reavers have lots of HP and low resistances, Vartais have ele seek between Darkness/Water + Celerity, War Dragons can't be immobilized at all (even when Frozen!!!). Panic wasn't too hard. War I kinda just Celeritied my way out of it so he didn't get to attack at all. Whoops.

@Staff: any chance the War and Panic armors will get updated? :D
AQ AQW  Post #: 36
6/23/2019 19:39:06   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@battlesiege15 Actually, they can be stunned once they run out of MP. They got stunned a fair amount of times in their fight against me, both by their headbutts and by the Fear of Khandie's Gown~
AQ  Post #: 37
6/23/2019 19:39:56   
Doomknight Arakos

@toannghe1997 doesn't matter. War trying to be a threat is like a squirrel trying to be a grizzly bear. If only he knew his own servant Panic was more of a challenge than himself he'd beg to be deleted from the AQ universe.
AQ  Post #: 38
6/23/2019 19:54:17   
J9408

^Among the three, I say Carnage was the toughest. Which isn't saying much.
Post #: 39
6/23/2019 21:48:37   
battlesiege15

Ah ok. Maybe I should have used Mana Trap against it :D
AQ AQW  Post #: 40
6/24/2019 14:01:05   
Zennistrad

I'm very interested in seeing where this goes next, and who the new Mayhem will be. If I'm right, that character framed in shadow at the end is one that hasn't appeared in a quest since before the Devourer Saga.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the weapon you get from the quest is an axe, I'll leave it at that.
AQ  Post #: 41
6/24/2019 14:36:29   
Rafiq von den Vielen

spoiler:

should we just make a petition on Zhilo being reskinned as the new mayhem, given everyone and their grandmother assumes it's him already
Post #: 42
6/25/2019 2:03:27   
Red Blood

Ehh if the details fit in don't blame people assuming the details that match up with an older character even more so when it deals with why they perhaps kinda disappeared short of a few bits of flavor on items over the years.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
6/25/2019 21:21:00   
Zennistrad

Anyone know what the weapon does yet? It's not a 0-proc but that's about all I could tell from testing it out.
AQ  Post #: 44
6/27/2019 1:49:27   
Red Blood

Yeah I expected a burn effect to go with the spell honestly and was surprised not to have that effect on the special so perhaps it is just pure damage?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
6/29/2019 16:40:30   
majesticstar3800

I'm a bit late to this release but I haven't played AQ releases in so long. To say the least, cool fights. Thank god for that checkpoint at War though. I got caught off guard by his Darkness SPell and was able to beat him the 2nd time.

I REALLY hope the original War saga is updated, including the War and Panic armors themselves, with their respective effects.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Burning Solstice Part II - War Dragons
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition