Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= July 5th Design Notes: The Corrupted Seven and the Return of the Boxcat

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= July 5th Design Notes: The Corrupted Seven and the Return of the Boxcat
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/5/2019 22:05:52   
  Jay

Navigator of
DragonFable

quote:

Verlyrus
Nap Cat

The Corrupted Seven and the Return of the Boxcat

Hey there, heroes!

Earlier this week, I returned from my vacation, and just in time too! This week, we're bringing you a variety of bug fixes, adjustments, and a new challenge board!

First up, the Corrupted Seven board has appeared in the Inn at the Edge of Time. Fight through the Seven Corrupted Elemental Spirits to reach the final reward! This week, the spirits of Greed and Envy are available to fight.

Will you be able to defeat Envy before its jealousy consumes you? Will Greed steal all that you hold dear?

Defeating them five times each will reward you with a cosmetic chibi version of the spirits to sit on your shoulder in battle!

And now for the bug fixes and updates!

• Fixed a bug where using the Dragon Amulet's Buy Dragon Food shop would cause future shops to open up the Dragon Amulet interface.
  • Fixed a bug where dragon's Overcharge Ally's Boost was not displaying properly in the Dragon Skill training interface.
  • Fixed a bug where you could attune your dragon to Disease element (and subsequently cause a lot of weird things to happen).
  • Fixed bug where automatic dragon could use skils that it had not trained yet.
  • Tentatively fixed "Insufficient Funds" popping up when training stats when you do have enough gold.
  • Fixed bugs where some dragon buffs would not apply until the following turn.
  • Fixed bugs where you could access Water Orb and Earth Orb questlines from the Book of Lore without doing their prerequisite quests.
  • You can no longer train or untrain your dragon or buy dragon food in the middle of a battle.
  • Kid Dragon's colorization has been fixed.
  • Added an option to the Anniversary Scythe shops to convert level 90 versions of the Scythes back down to 10.

Also, the North and Unity DC weapons have returned for the month of July! Make sure to pick them up while you can!

And that's all for this week! Further updates and adjustments are incoming, as always. It's good to be back!

The latest version of the Artix Game Launcher is here! It's been completely rebuilt, and provides a smoother experience, as well as some new features!

Make sure to uninstall the old version of the Launcher before installing the new one!

You can download it for free, here!

Have feedback about today's release, or the game? Having trouble with any fights? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus

• < Message edited by Jay -- 7/5/2019 22:12:32 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 1
    7/5/2019 23:02:15   
    Necromencer

Greed will copy any buffs you have for 15 turns, regardless of how many turns are left on them. Use a class that focuses on dots and nerfs. Managed to clutch it out with Pirate and 3 potions. And as usual Dmk handles him easily.
    Looks like we'll be seeing all the corrupt spirits at last.

< Message edited by Necromencer -- 7/5/2019 23:16:16 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    7/5/2019 23:24:18   
    Glais

Wonder if the statue in the background is our first glimpse at Headmaster Zellaraneish, been hoping we'd see him eventually and suspected it'd tie into a challenge somehow.

DF MQ  Post #: 3
    7/5/2019 23:50:24   
    Plutonium

Beat Envy with Ascendant and Greed with DmK. I'll pass on the capes though.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 7/6/2019 2:50:15 >
    DF  Post #: 4
    7/6/2019 0:23:13   
    Eragon Dragus

Seems like Pride will be the last corrupted spirit to be defeated
    Post #: 5
    7/6/2019 0:35:24   
    Plendamonda2

Another fun fight. Music was nice too, has it been used before? I can't remember.
    Already managed to get both of the capes using Chronocorruptor (albeit with Artix and Nytheria as guests lol)
    Both are definitely a lot easier if you can deal damage quickly and/or lowering their damage.
    Avoid buffing yourself vs Greed, shields work fine against Envy.

Looking forward to the rest of them.

< Message edited by Plendamonda2 -- 7/6/2019 0:36:02 >
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    7/6/2019 2:43:38   
    ergotth
    AQW Lore-titician

hmm, chronocorruptor seems an interesting idea, personaly I beat Envy with (Artix and Nythera too xD) with ShadowWalker of Time, and indeed, for both, best use classes that deal raw damage without relying on status buffs. ShadowWalker and Avatar of Time are especialy efficient since they both have -resistance debuffs that have little cooldown between their own duration (heck, Shadow Walker's res debuff can be looped)
    DF AQW  Post #: 7
    7/6/2019 3:09:10   
    Greldracion

Entropy works against Greed. So long as you don't use womb and you have a darkness weapon you can pretty easily burst it down. Also seems like Greed can't copy HoT's, so that's another boon for Entropy.

Edit: Entropy works against Envy quite well. Use baby dragon to either break his concentration, or to protect you from a nuke afterward. Also, recommend to save rot till after you use dragon's protect.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 7/6/2019 3:33:45 >
    AQ  Post #: 8
    7/6/2019 4:25:43   
    HORRIOR

Tomix, Verylus, whoever, can you please confirm whether or not the chibi capes are needed for what is inside the chest with seven locks? Or the fragments?

Not really interested in the little snots, so I would like to know if stacking up fragments for them is a good idea or not? Don't want to waste inventory/bank space.

My comment is usually a joke, serious or wish full

Some times even i dont know wich one it is XD
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
    7/6/2019 5:46:58   
    Dratomos

HORRIOR, fragments are considered as DC -items, so they won't use your bank space.

And very nice battles, Greed wasn't so bad, even though his buff copying got me by surprise, I was using my pet Dragon mostly as a assistance and Eternal Epoch, but managed to still defeat him. Envy was much harder, but not impossible. Great release! The arenas themselves looked awesome.
    DF  Post #: 10
    7/6/2019 9:40:26   
    rater202

we're in need of a Doom upgrade or two and the current challenge is against corrupted spirits that embody Sin and drop the same.

I don't want to make any assumptions, but...
    AQ DF  Post #: 11
    7/6/2019 14:02:57   
    HORRIOR

@rater202 I thought the same thing about Sinnocence, but nothing.

But yes, WE ARE in dire need of new Doom Weapon upgrades! There is a new Friday the 13th coming in September, so I hope were getting at least two new tiers.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
    7/6/2019 15:13:44   
    TFS

Two really easy fights. As mentioned before Greed mirrors stat-raising buffs for 15 turns, so don't shield yourself; Envy's damage gradually ramps up but he dies way too quickly for that to be at all threatening.
    It looks like Pride/Superbia is going to be the last and presumably strongest one we fight. What makes them special, I wonder?
    DF  Post #: 13
    7/6/2019 15:41:38   
    Vikken101

@TFS Well aparently there is gonna be a "ultimate challenge" when the seven are defeated, my bet is on either Seccudus or Pandora/Tomix.
    Post #: 14
    7/6/2019 15:55:26   
    HORRIOR

Maybe the fights are all weak because after them there will be an endurance fight against all 7 in a row.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
    7/6/2019 23:13:15   
    Alm Nullamors

@^: That is pretty much what I have begun to believe now. Either way though, these bosses being a bit on the easy side seems to be intentional if they have to be beaten five times for their reward cape.

Ok, here's something I learned about the Greed fight thanks to some big brains whom I had a chat with: Buffs with a duration of 3 turns or less will run out before he completes his attack rotation if the skills are used straight after his steal. Once I figured that out I managed to win the fight with PDL by timing my shield on the aforementioned moment, during an attempt where I just intended to dip my toes into this challenge rather than seriously try to win.

Fun time either way, and I can't wait to see what's next for this board.

< Message edited by Alm Nullamors -- 7/6/2019 23:14:06 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
    7/7/2019 12:51:50   
    HORRIOR

I know this is bit of a wrong place for it, but I noticed a problem related to the X boosts.

I just bought all 10 permanent ones, and noticed that I may have wasted a lot of DC while doing so.

You see, I tested to see how much EXP you would get from some of the best EXP grinding quests.
    Namely Voltabolt challenge and Castle Crashers quests.

Voltabolt extreme mode challenge (according to my calculations), should give 72 * (your level +1) exp, and with 100% boost, at level 90, that should add up to 13104 exp.
    Instead, I only got 9000 Exp points, per the old EXP cap.

As for Castle Crashers, not sure how much I should be getting, all I know is it capped at 30000 exp, and the last two fights gave me nothing.

So yeah, would it be possible to have the EXP cap on quests increased again? Because right now getting full 10 perma boosts is pointless at higher levels.

Honestly don't know where else to post this, so I hope this is picked up here.

< Message edited by HORRIOR -- 7/7/2019 12:59:07 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
    7/8/2019 5:05:59   
    ergotth
    AQW Lore-titician

If you're alone and using Archivist, you can still use the Celestia's Sorrow shield because once you use Ash's "accuracy buff", it actualy bypasses the avoidance buff COMPLETELY if greed happens to copy it. All my attacks hit after I used Ash's skill.
    (and don't worry about multiple tries, once you die, Archivist's cooldowns are reset, including Celestia's Sorrow)

< Message edited by ergotth -- 7/8/2019 5:09:40 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 18
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= July 5th Design Notes: The Corrupted Seven and the Return of the Boxcat
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition