Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Change Parasite for this Upcoming Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Change Parasite for this Upcoming Update
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2019 21:02:33   
.Lord Ginger.

So, with the way parasite is right now, it is hardly used for strength builds and it does leave focus builds really without a way to get energy.
If a focus user has 620 energy and doesn’t use energy, the BM with parasite can get a total of like 223 energy.
First turn is 124, second is like 99.2 which may or may not be rounded up, I’m not really sure.

If you look at any other class’ energy draining move, it’s clearly better than the BMs.
Currently, BM has trouble making up with it, especially in long battles, this is why strength BM doesn’t really care about it and it still works.
But if you’re a focus BM, and run into a long battle, you’re probably up a creek. Other classes instantly drain energy, and it isn’t % based. Blood mage has to wait 2 turns to get energy that they can really use. Most likely, the BM uses energy when the opponent has around 400-ish energy, which is only about 80, and that isn’t much to do anything with. The damage from parasite is also 85%, so focus does the nice 30 damage, and that’s that.

Even against builds that have high energy, parasite really doesn’t do that much, especially since it only lasts 2 turns.

With the current parasite nerf, not only did it lost the 3 turns, it also lost the 1.7x return that it had, just returning the 20% that it stole, which is a really rough shift…

It’s basically been shown that with a 2 turn BM parasite, BM is terrible, at least for the focus builds.
With the 3 turn parasite, BM is good, and sometimes a little too good, but gutting the energy skill the way it happened was too much, the 3 turn needs to return…

Now, I’m down with changing parasite to make it more normalized with Assimilation, Static Smash, Static Grenade, you know, take energy and get the return, but having the BM diversity that can ideally hurt high energy builds can help BM be good, and currently BM can’t even hurt high energy builds, parasite is just bad.

I’d like to see the 3 turn parasite back with the 15% drain and maybe if you don’t want to make it a 1.7x return, make it the 1.5x that it was before, and maybe do something else to balance strength BM if you think it’ll become too strong.

I feel like this skill was gutted because of the Azrael’s Punisher making BM good, and frankly, that’s a bad reason to gut it.

Here is a quick example:

You fight a focus CH who has max EMP, and also has poison, and you’re a 5 focus bm.
They go first, and poison, you heal, sure. They EMP you. You’re out of energy and they have about 300, you parasite and get like nothing back, and they do frost shards. Now you have no energy, so you robot. Once parasite wears off, they do Static Charge.
They malf you, it’s not like you can shield, and if you can, now you can’t stop the next poison that happens, and it’s 4 turns so that’s a lot of damage, and they can loop heal you. You have no shot. Having a 3 turn parasite won’t make you win this battle way easier, but it’ll help at least a tad.

I am okay with making this a more normalized skill, but then fireball will need a nerf to make up for the energy drain that the BM will be able to do, because it can't steal anything.
**Note: I am talking about Blood Mage when it isn’t running a strength build.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/7/2019 4:24:39   
chusen

Maybe it's just Emp Grenade being OP :P
being unbloackable/undeflectable and reducing 300 energy at level 1
Post #: 2
7/7/2019 10:10:26   
NDB

^First of all, EMP is not OP since it skips your turn, costs a lot energy, and doesn't drain nearly 300 at level 1 even with high tech. Parasite needs a fix because it's highly unreliable and not even that useful at its best in best case scenarios. It's unreliable because it's % based and also because it occurs over multiple turns, making hard to make immediate use of it whilst allowing the opponent ample opportunity to strategize around it. The CH example is just one example of it. Any class can do a somewhat similar trick by spending their energy quickly to dampen the effect, then once the effect wears off, immediately use their gain and/or drain skill to reverse the damage and put the BM in a horrible spot. Parasite is only good for strength because it deals damage and BM has Bloodlust, but for all other builds you're going to do 30, which is not useful.

Parasite preferably needs its effect modified or changed, but for now a buff would definitely be nice, especially the increase in the energy gained. Even back when it was originally two turns, it gave 1.5x energy and had a three turn cooldown to match. I think another reason it was nerfed so bad to begin with was because bringing back Reroute did help Parasite a lot against those classes since it gives the user more control and CH was really underpowered back then, so those are things to keep in mind while buffing parasite.
Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Change Parasite for this Upcoming Update
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition