Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=EC 2019= Cellar OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2019= Cellar OOC
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/14/2019 0:01:45   
  Starflame13

This thread will be your OOC forum for the competitors of the Cellar Arena to discuss tactics, collaborations, and plots, as well as to ask questions of your fellow combatants and to provide any additional details necessary to clarify your character or your actions. It should also be used for necessary communications with the Director in requesting extensions. As a reminder, you are required to post every 4 days. While I will do my best to provide 24 hour warnings, please do not rely on these. I must be informed in advance if an extension is needed.

Each of the combatants in this arena enter together via the SAME platform, which descended into the center of the arena. All contestants are assumed to enter roughly at the same time, regardless of posting order. No combat is to happen until after the descent and demonstration of the blades have taken place.

Feel free to ask me questions within this thread, via PM, or via the AEF RP Discord Server if you have any details you would like clarified. Our new Discord Server can be found here.

This was the music inspiration for Cellar: Dancing Blades.

The Roster
Nigh Weathers, created by Chewy905!
Jaxdon “Jax” Davros, created by draketh99!
Bassareus Laverne, created by roseleaf320!
Roth, created by Necro-Knight!
Shandrae Vellura, created by superjars!
Morrigan Chase , created by Dragonknight315!
Sark Ynet, created by Kellehendros!

In addition, I will be editing in any questions that may be useful for all combatants to read. Beginning with:

What are the dimensions of the arena?
Cellar is unique in that it is one of the few square arenas. Each boundary wall is 100 feet (30.5 meters) long, with the distance from the geometric center to any of the four corners being approximately 70 feet (21.3 meters). Cellar is also unique in that there is a SINGLE entrance - this year in the center of the ceiling. While it will remain open for spectators, competitors cannot exit in this manner. The ceiling is 20 feet overhead (6.1 meters)

Is this no-healing thing for real?
Yep. It's been a constant in Cellar for a while now!

Woah, what’s with the blades? Are you trying to kill us?
Maybe. The red lines in the floor form a perfect square grid (so each “tile” is approximately 33 by 33 feet, or 10 by 10 meters). There are four wall-mounted plates - each 10 feet (3 meters) wide and located in the center of each wall. When any of plates are pressed, the alarm goes off, and about a second later, blades launch from each wall along the grid lines. They cannot be stopped by physical or magical means. The blades always travel from North to South, and from East to West. The blades are rectangular (think horizontal guillotines), and travel across the entire width of the arena in a couple of seconds. They are made of a thin panel of reflective, hardened steel, about 4 feet (1.2 meters) in length. They do pass through each other at the intersections of the grid - BUT all other projectiles would bounce off them how they would normally bounce of a fast moving wall.

Can the crowds be heard in this arena?
They can be dimly heard through the opening in the ceiling - and they themselves are able to see by looking downwards through the ceiling or through the surrounding walls via special enchantments.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/15/2019 19:24:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/14/2019 22:33:41   
Dragonknight315

Map for Cellar!

Looking forward to working with all of you! Just to make sure; these maps are meant to be guidelines for coordinating posts. They are not official (though Star did check them for me!) They are interactable as well, allowing you to move and adjust your icon. The starting positions are not accurate and are only placeholders for the first moment. Please, only move your icon after you make your official post as to avoid confusion.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
7/17/2019 23:50:45   
Dragonknight315

The post is up and map updated! Kell approved my *tiny* collab with him at the sign-up. He said that since my character didn't breathe in the dust, she's mostly fine.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
7/21/2019 22:57:11   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Post is up. Cleared the coin details with DK.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
7/21/2019 23:34:20   
roseleaf320
Creative!

Cleared the Bass/Jax interactions with Draketh for my second post
Post #: 5
7/25/2019 20:40:00   
superjars

Requesting an edit to my 4th post to reflect that Morrigan is still prone and it's the glowing blade that has Shandrae entranced.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/25/2019 20:41:03   
  Starflame13

Permission granted in this case to avoid confusion in future posts - but do take the time to double check before posting in the future!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
7/26/2019 20:52:26   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

I'd like to request a 12 hour extension due to a scheduling mishap, I should still be posting tonight, just need a couple hours of breathing room
DF  Post #: 8
7/26/2019 21:48:51   
  Starflame13

@draketh99 - extension granted. You have until Sat, July 27th at 10:09am EDT.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
7/26/2019 22:36:42   
Necro-Knight

I'd like to request a 12-hour extension myself, so I can post after my work shift tonight.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
7/26/2019 22:39:18   
  Starflame13

@Necro-Knight - granted. You now have until Sat, July 27 at 11:55am.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
7/28/2019 1:24:15   
Dragonknight315

Star, I am requesting a 12 hour extension. I know this can interfere with Kell's timer, and him and I are working on it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
7/28/2019 14:56:37   
  Starflame13

@Dragonknight315 - granted. You now have until Monday, July 29th at 3:41 am.

Edit: @Dragonknight315 again - please be careful to check your assumptions with your fellow writers. The sand sphere thrown from Shandrae is still part of her spirit, and as such, the composition cannot be altered without Superjar's permission or you risk running into bunnying. As the spirit is not currently bonded with Shandrae, a deflection of a sorts is ok. As this error occurred due to a misunderstanding of the extent of abilities, you have my permission to edit your post to clarify this.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/28/2019 22:57:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
7/30/2019 19:01:07   
  Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

Heya Star! Requesting a 12 hour extension so I don't have to post at work tomorrow and can use the evening to post instead.
Post #: 14
7/30/2019 20:21:14   
  Starflame13

@Chewy906 - granted. Your new deadline is Thursday, August 1st at 12:10am EDT
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
7/31/2019 21:59:06   
roseleaf320
Creative!

Star, I'd like to request a 24 hour extension due to sudden loss of mornings for writing time, and to give me some more breathing room for after Draketh and Chewy post.
Post #: 16
7/31/2019 22:37:41   
  Starflame13

@roseleaf320 - granted. Your new deadline is Friday, August 2nd at 6:48pm.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
7/31/2019 23:27:25   
superjars

Of note: I approve of Kellehendros' use of my character in his forthcoming post.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/1/2019 0:03:56   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

That post is up. Superjars and I worked through the details of the exchange between Sark Ynet and Shandrae.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2019= Cellar OOC
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition