Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: In memory of Falerin

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> RE: In memory of Falerin
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2019 17:32:14   
badboyhe

I am in deren now but I don't see the memorial, where can I find it?
AQ  Post #: 51
8/7/2019 17:47:39   
Lord Markov

It's most likely due to the fact that the release isn't live that you can't find it.

It's not even "regular" release day and with coders down and items from past weeks still to be released it probably won't be out too soon either. Unfortunate, but understandable.
AQ  Post #: 52
8/7/2019 17:56:37   
badboyhe

oh i see, I just thought it was already out since the newsletter was sent.
AQ  Post #: 53
8/7/2019 18:21:49   
Lord Markov

The newsletter always comes out several days before the release goes live, even when everything is running on schedule.
AQ  Post #: 54
8/8/2019 12:27:28   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The tribute release for Falerin is live. Head over to the Loremaster's Library in the Isle d'Oriens and play all of his most iconic events. Travel to Deren and visit the memorial for Falerin, and also find the commemorative item - the LoreMaster’s Tome.
AQ  Post #: 55
8/8/2019 12:45:30   
wozzen

So, where is the memorial supposed to be in Deren, exactly? I've checked everywhere, and I can't find it.

Oh it's a map node, not in town. Easy mistake to make.

< Message edited by wozzen -- 8/8/2019 12:50:30 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
8/8/2019 12:50:01   
Kurtz96

It on the travel map south of the city of Deren. They mean the continent of Deren.

I had the same problem.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
8/8/2019 13:45:27   
Bolter

Other than the Tome, there are no other new rewards I suppose?
AQ  Post #: 58
8/8/2019 15:48:11   
Frieza 100 Percent

I will really miss Falerin. My condolences go out to the family.
Falerin is in a better place and will live on in all of our hearts.
Battle On!!!
Post #: 59
8/8/2019 16:19:08   
I Underlord I

I was shocked and devastated to hear this news.

My deepest and sincerest condolences to his family and friends. You have our sympathies; Falerin meant -- and means -- so much to us all, and I can only imagine what you are going through.

I did not know him at as personal a level as I would have liked, but he was always an inspiration: for creativity and for literary excellence, of course, but even more importantly, for love and understanding.

He will always live on in our hearts, as he does in his work.

In pace requiescat, Loremaster, and Battle On forever.
AQ  Post #: 60
8/8/2019 16:33:22   
CH4OT1C!

When I first started playing Adventure Quest, one of my favourite things to do was play through the Devourer Saga. I loved the storyline behind it and I would always play the next instalment whenever my character got to the right level. There have been some fantastic stories over the years, but nothing will ever top that saga.

Falerin wrote that saga. He was a piece of my childhood. I won't forget him.

Speaking directly to Falerin.
I only ever managed to speak to you once, but it meant a lot to me. Rest in peace

AQ  Post #: 61
8/8/2019 16:38:46   
CH4OT1C!

To all the staff involved:
Thank you, the tome means a lot to me. Also, thank you for making the memorial site look so beautiful
AQ  Post #: 62
8/8/2019 19:15:33   
Muchiha

I found myself having difficulty in logging in due to the events that have transpired these last two weeks regarding Falerin. However, in coming back, I am astounded by the outpouring of support from Staff members and fellow players past and present for Falerin and celebrating his life and legacy.

The memorial the AQ Team created for Falerin is indeed beautiful and stunning.

When I read that quote from Falerin inscribed on that memorial....I think someone nearby me was cutting a ton of onions because I had tears streaming down my face...

As for the tome itself, an amazing item for an amazing individual. The LoreMaster Tome, along with its iconic spells may very well be one of my favorite items in the game.

I'm really gonna miss the guy. I will definitely make a lengthy post on the Falerin thread(s) paying my tribute and respects.

Edit: From reading some of the comments posted in other threads here, Eldron the Good was a character based off of Falerin's father IRL who is still very much alive. Would you all please excuse me, I'm just gonna go cry some more

< Message edited by Muchiha -- 8/8/2019 19:19:25 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 63
8/8/2019 19:21:11   
The Jop

Battle on, Falerin, wherever you are. He was a prolific writer and his writing always sucked me into his sagas. At least we can be sure he had a good life, being loved by and making an impact on the lives of so many people. Thank you for letting us know, Liliana and Eldron, and my condolences for your loss.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/8/2019 19:44:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
8/8/2019 19:27:47   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Thank you very much for this release... It was simple, and yet it felt meaningful... The item also felt amazing and even a bit funny...

I'm glad this was done this quickly, it was nice seeing it.
AQ  Post #: 65
8/8/2019 19:38:22   
EST OverLord

ohh boy cant wait to see what i remember when i originally played the releases
the tome looks very nicely detailed
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
8/8/2019 19:55:49   
Heroes of the Scape

Even though most of my characters will never use the Tome, they will all carry it in his honor. Thank you for this tribute AQ staff.
AQ  Post #: 67
8/8/2019 21:32:59   
lolerster

Surprised this was a Spell Tome and not a spell.

Anyway, I know most people run FO builds, but this is an incredibly high compression spell tome, compressing earth, light and harm spells. For FD mage builds that prefer tomes over 100% proc weapons or FO mages that are running another compression 0% proc weapon (e.g. star sabre of hatred) and have a spell inventory that is too full, this is a good choice, especially if you don't want to drop the cash for Creation Burst.
AQ  Post #: 68
8/9/2019 0:58:14   
darksampson

The spelltome is quite nice, compresses, light, earth and harm. A must for any tome user and a worthy weapon for the former Loremaster. RIP.

Also would it be possible to merge all of the threads about Falerin's passing? There are like 3 now... its a little confusing.
AQ  Post #: 69
8/9/2019 10:31:53   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@darksampson Probably not, quoting ALX in one of the other threads:
quote:

We can look into it later but merging isn't very "clean" of a process, it's likely to mess things up order wise. ~afterlifex
AQ  Post #: 70
8/9/2019 17:52:11   
Arcalus

I have been a player of AE Games since 2005, and have thoroughly enjoyed the many stories written and crafted by Falerin, I don't play nearly as often as I once did, but the depth and incredible effort put into each saga was beyond outstanding and kept me interested and entertained for years. We were very fortunate to have Falerin as a Loremaster, the lore and expert writing were a key part of the experience. Thank you to the AE team for recognizing and memorializing true greatness.
His legacy is carried on through the countless memories we bear of his stories and tales.

Echoing an earlier post, is the team finds a way for former and current players to donate or contribute to his family, please let us know. This community can move mountains when we are called on.

Farewell, Loremaster Falerin
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
8/12/2019 0:58:49   
flashbang

It's been a long time since last I played AQ. But I remember that at the time I was most active, both in game and on the forums, Falerin was a great man. His many interactions on these very forums with myself and many others were always a delight to read. I started playing long after the Devourer Saga and Carnax Saga ended, but even though I haven't played through them yet, the impact they've had on the rest of the game is huge.
It's a damn shame to have lost such a creative man, such a positive force in the world so early. But he was loved by many, influenced many, and even changed the lives of many. He will never be forgotten. Rest in peace, Falerin.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 72
8/17/2019 6:24:02   
Grixus Faldor

His stories were always a joy to read and play through. My conversations with him were limited, but I fondly remember those exchanges nonetheless. A brilliant mind. May he rest in peace.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/21/2019 19:42:23   
Muchiha

I’ve been reading through the posts and tributes of Falerin from my fellow forumites that were touching and truly heartwarming.

It feels like any and all praise of the qualities that made Falerin so lovable and respected have been said, so I’ve decided to share one particular memory of him that is, to this day one of the best experiences and moments I’ve ever had playing AdventureQuest.

In January/February 2013, a long-awaited war with an iconic rivalry would be resurrected: The Necromancers vs Paladins War. The name of that war is “Edge of Extinction”

The anticipation and hype was unheard of, as it was talked about 4 months in advance of the event itself as the last official Necromancers vs Paladins war was back in 2005. It resulted in everything from storytelling from countless forumites being posted, to discussions regarding the AQ Lore surrounding the war (in which Falerin was more than happy to be part of). And the roleplaying, my goodness the back and forth between forumites was both exhilarating and entertaining beyond belief. I’ve never roasted so many people at one time, and you could say I had my moments lmao :D .

The posts regarding this war were large in quantity, forum staff had to create 36 threads to contain it all. (UltraPowerPie, you know what I’m talking about. Hopefully we didn’t give you too much to deal with ;) ). In that event, I’ve had the pleasure to meet the people I connected with, and for some I am still friends with to this day: CH4OT1C!, Seth Hydra, KayOh, Heroes of the Scape, darksampson, UnderSoul, Popinloopy, kors. SIGMUND, High Paladin, Stratuscone, Phrixus, flashbang….I could go on and on. It opened my eyes to how powerful a community can be, even one that is online.

Falerin’s stories were vivid, capturing the imagination, creating worlds and realms of possibilities that drew us in, amazed us, and most importantly, brought us together. Though time may have put a lot of us on different paths and circumstances, one of the few aspects that will forever bind us are the experiences we have lived through, the stories that we shared, and the memories we have made: together.

May you eternally sip your Earl Grey tea in heaven, Loremaster. Thank you for everything you’ve done.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 74
8/21/2019 19:44:49   
Muchiha

Please delete this post as this thread was merged from two previous threads, and my message was already posted above

< Message edited by Muchiha -- 8/26/2019 19:04:04 >

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> RE: In memory of Falerin
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition