Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=EC 2019= Finals OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2019= Finals OOC
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2019 22:04:16   
  Starflame13

Welcome and congratulations to all who participated in the 2019 Elemental Championships! Welcome to the Grand Finals!

I’m extremely impressed with the caliber of the writing this year - in particular the unprecedented amounts of collaboration seen in all of the arenas! The fights this year were some of the most fun and entertaining for me to read, and it showed in the difficulty of the decision-making process. Thank you to everyone who participated, you all did an amazing job! That said, decisions have been made. Now, without further ado, I am proud to present to you:

The 2019 EC Paragons!

Nadia Shieldforged, created by theZOMBIEis_aLIE, as the Paragon of Earth!
Jaxdon “Jax” Davros, created by draketh99, as the Paragon of Fire!
Sark Ynet, created by Kellehendros, as the Paragon of Darkness!
Morrigan Chase, created by Dragonknight315, as the Paragon of Energy!
Arro the Unyielding, created by Apocalypse, as the Paragon of Wind!
Bassareus Laverne, created by roseleaf320, as the Paragon of Ice!
Nigh Weathers, created by Chewy905, as the Paragon of Light!
Gary, created by nield, as the Paragon of Water!

All chosen paragons, PLEASE READ THE REST OF THIS POST IN ITS ENTIRETY. Anyone else, feel free to skip to the final paragraphs after the line break, with info as to where you can go from here!

All of the same rules from the initial OOC thread apply. For those of you who have used extensions, those have reset for this round so that everyone has either two 12 hour extensions, or one 24 hour extension. I will do my best to continue to give people 24 hour idle-out warnings, but this is the Finals. You are ultimately responsible for posting on time, so plan your posting schedule accordingly.

Once your character enters the Finals Arena, you start with a clean state. Writings from the Paragon Phase will be evaluated again only if a tie-breaker is absolutely necessary. Here is where you truly need to focus. Communicate and collaborate with each other, ask questions when needed, PLEASE proofread your posts, and have a blast showing off your writing skills and abilities.

Finals are structured differently than the paragon arenas. Everyone is given time to make their introduction post and preferably their second (often more action-oriented) post. At that point, the Judge will make a Cut - selecting one of the Paragons to remove from the competition. Paragons will continue to be Cut every 4 days until only the final three are left - at which point a Champion will be selected, and a boon granted. In the case a contestant idles out in that four day period, their removal will take the place of that Cut.

The Arena will open at 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday, August 4th. The first Cut will be made 7 days later, at 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday, August 11th. While the announcements for Cuts may not be made exactly at midnight, any posts after the deadline will not be included in my decision. I would STRONGLY recommend having at least two posts up by the time of the first Cut.

When a Paragon is Cut, they will have some sense or awareness that the grace of their Elemental Lord has been withdrawn, and the gate behind their Pillar will open. Some years the Pillars also react physically, some years they do not. Once Cut, a competitor has three choices. They can Submit, recognize the will of the Arena and exit through their gate. They can Surrender, and allow an opponent to slay their character through a collaborative effort. Or they can retaliate with Spite, and make one single, final attack in the arena. If you choose this last option, your character will then be left to the mercy of those left in the arena, with no further outlet for collaboration. As such, to any competitor targeted by a Spite attack, please treat it with the appropriate severity.

As with the Arena OOC threads, I will be editing in any questions about the Grand Arena in general here! Starting with:

What are the dimensions of the Grand Arena?
The Grand Arena is slightly larger than the Paragon arenas. From the geographic center, it is 80 feet (or 24.38 meters) to the boundary wall. The Pillars are all 60 feet (18.2 meters) away from the center, and placed at equidistant points forming a circle. Earth is at Cardinal North, and the order in which the Chosen are listed here is the order in which their respective elements are, moving clockwise around the arena.

How do our characters get transported to the Grand Arena?
Once a Combatant is removed from the Paragon Arena, you are free to perceive the transition from that point in whichever way best fits your narrative. You may have arena officials guide you to the foyers before the gates behind your respective pillar and use those to enter, or have your Elemental Patron transport you in some way, depositing you in front of the gates or next to their pillar. The Finale starts at noon, roughly half an hour after the Paragon fights end (to give spectators time to relocate). While not required, each combatant has the option of a full heal/restore (as well as the restoration of any ammo/armor/weapons that were damaged in the Paragon phase), enacted however they wish to in the transition. Additionally, everyone enters the arena simultaneously at the final announcement, whether through their gates or appearing beside their pillars. Your gates do close behind you upon entering (or remained closed if you appear by the pillar). You may choose whether or not your character hears the announcements of the others.

Can we interact with the Pillars?
The Pillars this year are in the form of various Champions of that element from the past (with the exception of Energy, who is alternating between two recent final-three Paragons). They are solid, like the gemstone pedestals they are placed on, and currently stationary. They are unbreakable and will react to projectiles like a physical statue - but will injure those who attempt to touch them who are not of their element (fire would burn, energy might shock, etc.)

Once again, thank you to everyone for participating in the Elemental Championships! Even if you did not make it through to the Finals, stick around to watch and cheer on your favorites, both here and in the Discord server!

In addition, I would love to hear feedback on how YOU, the players, felt this years ECs were run! I strive to improve with each year I run these, and I need your thoughts on how best to do so. The feedback form may be filled out anonymously, and can be found here.

For anyone who would like to continue improving their own role-playing skills, I encourage you to check out either the Role Playing Academy or the Combat Training forums. Additionally, keep an eye on the Role Playing General Discussion for any future, member-led RP’s, or feel free to look into creating your own! Additionally, I am happy to give feedback on individual performances in the EC’s this year. People are welcome to PM me to ask for said feedback, but please be patient if it takes a while for me to respond as I will be slightly busy judging the Finals Phase.

Best of luck to all of our Paragons!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 8/5/2019 12:51:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
8/8/2019 22:09:58   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

I'd like to request a 12 hour extension, please
DF  Post #: 2
8/8/2019 22:54:45   
  Starflame13

@draketh99 - Granted. Your new deadline is Friday, August 9th at 11:59am.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
8/9/2019 10:53:30   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

Thank you so much for the extension.

While I hate to do this, and I'm incredibly eager to explore Jax's story with you all, I'm afraid I need to officially withdraw from the finals championship. I've had some personal issues that need seeing to that leave me with no time to properly compete in a way that would allow me to write with the quality you all deserve.

I wish you all the best of luck, and I can't wait to read all of your wonderful works through the rest of the championships! <3
DF  Post #: 4
8/11/2019 2:07:50   
Apocalypse

This post has been brought to you by courtesy of collaboration with @roseleaf320.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
8/12/2019 11:32:52   
  Starflame13

And time for the first Cut, such as it is! As Draketh has withdrawn from the competition, Jax's removal will take the place of the first cut. Draketh, I enjoyed getting to see the part of his story that we did, and I hope he can make his return when the timing is more appropriate! Flavor text has been posted in the Arena thread for people to react to as they choose to do so.

(To those curious: Jax has been teleported by the Lord of Fire to approximately the other side of the world from Bren. Good luck finding his way home!)

The next cut will occur in 4 days, at 11:59pm EDT Thursday the 15th. Best of luck, writers!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
8/12/2019 11:56:52   
theZOMBIEis_aLIE

I would like to request my 24hr extension. Thanks in advance!
Post #: 7
8/12/2019 23:12:56   
  Starflame13

@theZOMBIEis_aLIE - Granted. Your new deadline is Tuesday, August 13th at 11:59pm EDT.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
8/15/2019 1:04:03   
Apocalypse

Another post, another collab with roseleaf.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
8/15/2019 22:46:23   
Dragonknight315

My current post is now up! I collaborated with both Chewy and Kell in order to get the details straight.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 10
8/16/2019 0:44:20   
  Starflame13

And we're on to the second Cut! As Nadia Sheildforged has exited the arena, theZOMBIEis_aLIE has forfeited her place in the finals.

theZOMBIEis_aLIE, I greatly enjoyed the world that was built with Nadia - and, by extension, Aidan's story - and I'm excited that your exit post hints that we may see the characters again in other stories. I hope to see you in the ECs again!

Flavor text has been posted in the Arena thread for people to react to as they choose to do so.

The next cut will occur in 4 days, at 11:59pm EDT Monday the 19th. Keep up the fight, the crowds are getting bloodthirsty!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
8/16/2019 23:56:37   
roseleaf320
Creative!

I'd like to request a 12 hour extension. Hopefully I won't need it, but it will allow more of Saturday to work on edits, and take a little bit of stress off of my shoulders tonight.
Post #: 12
8/16/2019 23:59:56   
  Starflame13

@roseleaf320 - Granted! Your new deadline is Sunday, 8/18/2019 at 3:35 am.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
8/18/2019 20:06:33   
Apocalypse

@Starflame13 requesting a 24-hour extension, please.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
8/18/2019 20:11:44   
  Starflame13

@Apocalypse - Granted! Your new deadline is Tuesday, 8/20/2019, at 12:56 am.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
8/19/2019 21:07:43   
Dragonknight315

My next post is up with map updated! I collaborated with Chewy for this post on Nigh's actions, so everything in his next post is approved by me. Kell also doubled checked my post so we are on the same page.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 16
8/19/2019 23:53:39   
Apocalypse

Posted with the usual collab with Roseleaf.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
8/20/2019 0:23:15   
  Starflame13

And onto the third Cut, and a more difficult decision this time too! The battles are coming along quite nicely, but for one of you, the fight ends here. Any posts that were made after 11:59pm EDT on Monday, August 19th were not considered in making this decision.

nield, it has been a pleasure watching Gary compete - and watching you balance the challenges of such a unique, smaller character! I feel you did an amazing job in bringing his story to life, but this chapter in his story has come to a close. Thank you for being a pleasure to work with this year, and I hope to see you again in future years!

Details for how to handle a departure post after a Cut can be found in the first post of this thread, but you will need to choose to either Submit, Surrender, or attack in Spite. If you choose the Spite option, you *must* make your exit post by the time you would have idled next, so as to avoid causing other writers to miss their deadlines. If you do not post in this thread stating your intentions as to which of the 3 options Gary will take in the next 24 hours, it will be assumed that Gary has Submitted, and left the arena, so as not to impeded the flow of combat.

Flavor text will be posted in the Arena thread. Keep up the good work!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
8/20/2019 0:38:57   
nield
Creative!

*salutes* Gary shall be Submitting, and taking his leave. A pleasure working with everyone another year.

Until the next one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/20/2019 23:59:06   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Post up. I ran relevant points by nield for approval regarding the ranseur-water axe interaction.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
8/23/2019 0:25:57   
  Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

Post up, collab ran by and cleared with Apoc and Rose
Post #: 21
8/23/2019 22:53:20   
Apocalypse

Posted with Rose and Chewy collabs.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
8/24/2019 0:21:11   
  Starflame13

We have reached the fourth Cut, and the difficult decisions continue! Any posts that were made after 11:59pm EDT on Friday, August 23rd EDT were not considered in making this decision.

Chewy905, it has been absolutely astounding to see how much you have improved from last years EC's to this. Nigh brought forth creativity both in her abilities and in her ambitions - and I am particularly impressed with her handling of the anti-healing in Cellar. Sadly, Nigh's foray into the finals ends here. Hoping to see you again in future years!

Details for how to handle a departure post after a Cut can be found in the first post of this thread, but you will need to choose to either Submit, Surrender, or attack in Spite. If you choose the Spite option, you *must* make your exit post by the time you would have idled next, so as to avoid causing other writers to miss their deadlines. If you do not post in this thread stating your intentions as to which of the 3 options Nigh will take in the next 24 hours, it will be assumed that Nigh has Submitted, and left the arena, so as not to impeded the flow of combat.

Flavor text will be posted in the Arena thread. Four cuts down, one to go until we have our final three. To the remaining writers: up your game.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
8/25/2019 22:16:12   
  Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

Nigh will be submitting, I hope to post tomorrow.
Post #: 24
8/28/2019 0:19:10   
  Starflame13

And we have reached the final cut! Huge congratulations to everyone who made it this far, you should all be proud with how you have preformed this year. That said, I have (finally) managed to make a decision.

Dragonknight315, I enjoyed following Morrigan's emotional (and brutal) journey through the arena this year. I'm glad you got to fully utilize most of her elemental abilities - as well as lots of fighting/combat skill. I am sad to not see her dreams in the arena come to fruition, but I am excited for who you will bring in future years.

Details for how to handle a departing post after a Cut can be found in the first post of this thread, but you will need to choose to either Submit, Surrender, or attack in Spite. If you do not post here (or in an exit post) within the next 24 hours to make your intentions known as to which of the 3 you choose, it will be assumed that Morrigan has Submitted, and left the arena, so as not to impeded the flow of combat for others.

Flavor text will be posted in the Arena thread.

Apocalypse, Kellehendros, and Roseleaf320! You have 4 days (until Saturday, August 31st, at 11:59pm EDT) to pull out all the stops and show us what your characters can do. At this point you are all safe from Idling - but I strongly recommend squeezing another post or two in before the final decision is made. Leave nothing behind - this is looking to be a close decision. After the Arena closes, please give me at least a day to make, and reveal, the decision as to Champion.

As a last reminder to all participants, the feedback form linked in the first post will CLOSE a week after the Champion has been announced.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2019= Finals OOC
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition