Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/26/2019 15:46:02   
Bu Kek Siansu

Homepage: https://www.battleon.com

--------

Golden Giftbox Sale!

Until September 5th ALL Golden Giftboxes are 50% off!

--------

Burning Solstice part V - The Choice to Fall:
Zhilo the Axemaster, once an honorable warrior driven by the pursuit of excellence, has become increasingly unhinged since coming to believe that War was personally after him, and stealing the power of his minions in what he thinks of as self-defence. Now he is endangering allies and innocent bystanders in his desperate pursuit of Panic’s power. Whether he’s unable to handle the power or in the clutches of some corrupting influence, Zhilo has gone too far — you must stop him!

--------

Limited-Time Shop:
All shark equipment will be going rare as we fill the LTS with tons of discounted Back-To-School gear!

--------

Z-Token Packages - Superior Knowledge Spell and Spirit of Change Misc:
Summon a school of flying tomes to overwhelm your foes, dealing bonus damage if their intelligence is low enough. The Spirit of Change Misc gives you resistance to Wind attacks and boost to Charisma. It also gives a +10% gold from battles when in your active inventory, and a +25% boost during the entire month of September. Grab these packages while they last as both will only be available until October!

--------

Tag'd ~Hollow

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 8/28/2019 2:24:02 >
Post #: 1
8/26/2019 18:34:41   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Well, if there was any doubt about it, it's confirmed now, Zhilo is the new Mayhem~

And it feels like Carnage will be dealt with by the end of this war since the next quest is already about Panic... I wonder how far will Zhilo go to the point we have to intervene...
AQ  Post #: 2
8/26/2019 19:27:05   
J9408

War doesn't know about Zhilo recent activities right? Zhilo recent actions, would that not draw War attention towards him? It's like a self fulfilling prophecy.
Post #: 3
8/26/2019 21:14:09   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

War doesn't know I believe, but Zhilo is scared of War knowing and doesn't know that War doesn't know.

As in, he is dead set on the possibility of War already knowing it and already going after him, therefore he has no chance but to do everything he can to stop War from returning.

A foolish and hasty move for sure, but when you fear a demipower will go after you, it makes sense your fear would go over your head.

So... It's more like he is lacking the knowledge and calm head to analyze the situation and realize he is in a safe spot like The Watcher told him.
AQ  Post #: 4
8/27/2019 5:41:15   
sunblaze

I only wanted to get novembers boost item. (I am a fan of Serenia)
But that knowledge stuff sure sounds intersting. Might get that as well. Charisma boosts are after all always appreciated.
AQ  Post #: 5
8/27/2019 7:09:13   
Helmino

I hope we will get the chance to get upgraded War armor, old one is only 100 lvl max, but looks epic.
Post #: 6
8/28/2019 1:27:40   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Burning Solstice V will release on Friday and the Z-Token packages will go live on Saturday. Also the 50% off GGB sale has been extended to September 5th!
AQ  Post #: 7
8/28/2019 4:31:25   
sunblaze

@ Hollow
Is it possible to get the stats from the item & spell on friday then? That would give everyone time to decide "to buy or not to buy".
That would be nice.
AQ  Post #: 8
8/29/2019 3:42:31   
I Overlord I

While retconning classic Umazenian lore and making them more relatable was a marked improvement, I have to admit I wasn't feeling the new Zhilo. Granted, he was always very enigmatic, so we didn't get any major characterization prior to this point. Even so, he didn't ever come across as secretly craven to me...

Which is why I, for one, was glad to see the following snippet: "Zhilo the Axemaster, once an honorable warrior driven by the pursuit of excellence, has become increasingly unhinged." "Once honorable" and "become unhinged" signify that Zhilo is indeed acting wildly OOC, which means his character wasn't flanderized as I'd originally feared.

With that being said, the HYPE is back. I apologize for doubting you, Cray-Cray.

“Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.”
AQ  Post #: 9
8/29/2019 10:22:03   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Bear in mind that Umazen lore has not been retconned. The descriptions remain accurate, and have been built upon rather than invalidated. It was rumored that Umazen men are slaves — A reason was provided, but it remained a rumor. One that Umazen themselves take issue with, but rarely stop long enough to discuss.

As of Zhilo... Carnage himself put it best in recent cutscenes.

quote:

Carnage: See what I mean... Heheh. You’re messing with things mortals like you can’t handle.
Carnage: It’ll be fun to see how long you last... More than watching Panic try to act high and mighty.

quote:

Carnage: You’ve been taking more... More and more of the power. How much more can you handle? ...Heh...
Carnage: You think you’re Mayhem, don’t you... But he wasn’t stuck with a little human head.
Carnage: Didn’t have to worry about filling it so much it’d pop...

Perhaps he could have eventually simmered down and regained focus, if he had kept only what he stole. But stealing more of it, taking from yet another of War's servants... Well, we shall see how much that envelope can be pushed.
Post #: 10
8/29/2019 10:41:16   
J9408

Is Zhilo paranoia more of a side effect of stealing Mayhem powers? Or is it just a universal rule that "mortals" cannot handle divine power?
Post #: 11
8/29/2019 10:56:39   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Mu.
Post #: 12
8/29/2019 11:46:15   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

quote:

Cray said:

Mu.

Well, that was certainly enlightening! xD

Guess we'll just have to wait and see~ *giggles*
quote:

J9408 said:

Is Zhilo paranoia more of a side effect of stealing Mayhem powers? Or is it just a universal rule that "mortals" cannot handle divine power?

It is important to note that the Chosen did borrow the power of deities before when fighting Etherseid and Carnel.

Cartright also borrowed the power of The'Galin when he became Omega, so... I think it's safe to say that if the deity allows it, it's safe to take their power. It's a lot different when volition isn't involved though...

< Message edited by AliceShiki -- 8/29/2019 11:51:03 >
AQ  Post #: 13
8/29/2019 12:02:46   
Kaizoku

-Glen?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
8/30/2019 15:14:46   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

We need a little more time to get this week's release ready folks, so the release arrives Saturday and Z-Token packages on Sunday.
AQ  Post #: 15
8/30/2019 19:00:38   
Uskius

^That being said, the war is all finished up, cutscene and reward shop. Very interested to see how the final showdown with the person we all knew was and finally got confirmed as the Greatest Warrior will go, as it seems things are headed to one last big clash.

There are more Carnage-warped Dragon Blades in the shop, of a few different elements, as well as Carnage's axe, which can swap between Darkness and Wind(appeal to staff & game devs: NO MORE Darkness compression Melee weapons, please. We have plenty of them). The shield is also Darkness and Wind swapping. The summon spell is... interesting. It can swap between two modes: in one, it heals your MP based on weapon damage, and gives a boost to spell damage(the boost varies, but not quite sure how), and has MP upkeep; second mode is it increases Melee&Ranged weapon and spell damage, and gives a decent bit of Backlash, and has SP upkeep. I'd VERY highly recommend picking it up, seems to quite easily be one of the top summons in the game.

< Message edited by Uskius -- 8/30/2019 19:04:26 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
8/31/2019 3:49:27   
I Overlord I

quote:

One that Umazen themselves take issue with, but rarely stop long enough to discuss.

Ah. Oof. If that isn't biting social commentary, I don't know what is.

quote:

Perhaps he could have eventually simmered down and regained focus, if he had kept only what he stole. But stealing more of it, taking from yet another of War's servants... Well, we shall see how much that envelope can be pushed.

Given all the precedence (both inside and outside the world of Lore), I have a pretty good idea of how this story ends, but I'll play through the war finale and upcoming release to once more see the unfavorable results of such arrogance nonetheless. Seems as though things are starting to come to a head.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 8/31/2019 3:52:01 >
AQ  Post #: 17
8/31/2019 16:57:51   
  Kamui
 Hashire sori yo Kaze no you ni!

This week's release is now live! Token packages as stated before will be arriving tomorrow, have fun!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
8/31/2019 19:35:49   
Lineolata

Spoilering a strat for the final boss-

spoiler:

The dragon has around 16k HP at max level, a low damage cap around 70 with an exponent of 0.5, and his highest resistance in the eight usual elements is 25%. You're also inflicted with a fairly powerful Fire burn every round. The dragon's regular attacks are Darkness, and its SP skill is three hits of Fire. I tried out a strategy Cray recommended- use the werepyre armor to inflict Panic to keep the dragon's effectiveness down (the Terror misc can be handy for this), and sit in a fire armor/shield so the burn doesn't hurt too badly. The Terror misc multiplicatively reducing darkness damage and Panic reducing the dragon's damage means its regular Darkness attacks won't hurt too much, and the fire armor/shield minimize the damage from its burn and skill. With this setup you can endure quite a long time. Shadowfeeder, Lunar Vigor, and potions can also be handy.

Even if you don't use this setup, you'll want to minimize the Fire burn's damage since it's inflicted onto you regardless of whether or not the dragon hits or acts at all. You'll also want to reduce the damage the dragon deals to you, either via statuses or a FD setup or some such thing. It's a battle of attrition by design. Also worth noting- you only need to eliminate a couple of thousand HP in the first fight.

Quite liked this update- the story is excellent as usual and I love the art for Warmaster Zhilo. The boss is also a more interesting challenge than I first expected.
AQ DF  Post #: 19
8/31/2019 19:54:51   
badboyhe

I can't even beat zilo....I have about 40/40 resis in both fire and wind.
he tough

EDIT: nvm, somehow i bursted him down :O

< Message edited by badboyhe -- 8/31/2019 20:01:55 >
AQ  Post #: 20
8/31/2019 20:24:06   
J9408

Werewolf armor Rage Beast is recommended for this fight.

The boss designs in this quest are pretty great.

< Message edited by J9408 -- 8/31/2019 20:31:31 >
Post #: 21
8/31/2019 20:36:53   
Inferno369

spoiler:

Are we finally going to meet Death? "Death awaits" seems pretty ominous. We've been troubling the poor boatman enough, about time we meet the actual horseman. Lol

Couldn't beat that final boss, even with a dark / fire fd combo armor (I used wicked king). Survived the first fight, but the second took me after draining my potions. I am curious tho, is there any significant rewards for besting it? Deserves to be, especially for facing a challenge like that.

Loving where the story's been and heading, can't wait to see more!
AQ  Post #: 22
8/31/2019 20:51:31   
J9408

^I hope we do. He is the only one we have not seen so far. I am quite curious on what he is like.

Also, are you suppose to beat the last boss?

< Message edited by J9408 -- 8/31/2019 20:54:01 >
Post #: 23
8/31/2019 22:07:29   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

This was a pretty fun release~

spoiler:

Did anyone actually kill the boss? I'm curious~

Also, how many phases are there? I died in the 3rd one when the boss started overcoming my heal loop. Those fights take forever, so I'm not going to go at it again.
AQ  Post #: 24
8/31/2019 22:41:21   
lolerster

spoiler:

Shield of Insight boosted by Amulet of Drakonnan/Celtic Wheel, Insightful Armor of Awe, Pig Drake, Shield of Awe, Stack Regenration and Draw Mana with Healing Branch. Fountain of Life if necessary. You can stall infinitely. I don't know if you can actually kill him on time. I'm also using Time Gauntlet to reduce chance to hit.

In theory Wicked King Plate will be a stronger option, but I wanna try to do this without needing to switch my inventory around.

EDIT: nvm, there are multiple phases. I'll let you know if how it works out for me later.

EDIT 2: Just got to phase 3. Do you avoid that status if you win the END roll?

EDIT 3: Doesn't seem like I can beat phase 3. Time to change to Wicked King Plate.

< Message edited by lolerster -- 8/31/2019 23:21:39 >
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition