Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/31/2019 22:55:08   
Arlin

I beat him with my secondary who is a FD beast mage. There are 4 phases in total with an endurance check between each phase. Failing the endurance check causes you to loose a good portion of HP. You can use a FD fire armor and shield, a multi hit ice spell, healing pet and guest, and a tome to regain MP. With a few potions thrown in you should be able to do it.
AQ  Post #: 26
8/31/2019 23:23:46   
Kurtz96

I also got to phase 4 but it did not even let me get the monster's HP down to 0? I could have beaten him but I did no get the chance to.

I got him to about 1000 HP and then he died and I thought I was going to phase 5 but I got the backed out message as normal with Death Awaits. Is this suppose to happen?
Would the staff consider letting us beat the enemy please. Even if we are suppose to "die" for story purposes there are ways around that (we beat the enemy but die of exhaustion/injuries, or just have the cutscence treat us as dying regardless of the fight outcome like the Nemesis fight)

I used the wicked king armor, double Poelala, and Dragon Scepter (so the 100% prc helps increase damage lost from using FD) and switched between a fire and dark shield/misc as need. Since the scepter does 4 hits the soft damage cap is not an issue. Since I was doing quite a bit of damage I did not need as much defense/sustain as the other builds listed here. Only used 6 potion before the game kicked me out.

Also getting to the final phase gives you a title called immovable hero.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 8/31/2019 23:33:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
8/31/2019 23:29:54   
Red Blood

I'd say a cave in death would be fitting just seeing how much damage I'd expect the cave system to endure from both the player, and dragon. It may also be doable on a warrior although chances are you might want to look for a multi hit ranged weapon, and make sure you have a full stack of potions at the ready. A dual fire/dark resist shield at once would make it much more bearable in the wicked king set as even with regen guests, and pet the weakened elemental defense along with the increased chip damage saw me failing at the 5000 hp mark. Granted a weapon alone may have helped a great deal but wouldn't mind someone pointing me to a shield to lessen the potion drinking if at all possible.

< Message edited by Red Blood -- 9/1/2019 0:42:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
9/1/2019 0:44:46   
Dreiko Shadrack

pretty good bragging rights battle, wouldn't describe it as fun but it's certainly better than it being a boring steamroll of a fight. It can get downright tense.

especially if you fail all 3 stat rolls like I did.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
9/1/2019 1:00:53   
Red Blood

Ooof my pride when I lost passing every roll. I did kinda find it odd to be force inflicted the deadly wound when I only took a small amount of damage the first time but it certainly does make it an interesting race to the next heal, and additional debuff.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
9/1/2019 1:04:59   
Kurtz96

You want to use a multi hit 100% proc weapon to max damage. I used Dragon Scepter (the wand version of Dragon Blade) and it made the fight relatively easy (as in just time consuming and not to close to dying at any point). I used double Poelala but if you use defensive guests/pets you should have even more sustain.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
9/1/2019 1:38:20   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

I got to 4th part this time by using a strat with Gandolphin, WK Plate, Demon Wraith Prison Shield, Demomonphosis (needs Rainbow Raygun to use this one), Lohkaista Shard, temp Draconic Blade (I was lazy to beat essences... I should have done it though, Dragon Scepter would be a blessing) and Kindred Pet to give me more MP sustain... Well, the strat fell apart once I found out the 4th part drains your MP away though.

Still, the idea is solid IMO, I think I can try again tomorrow with the Dragon Scepter and I might be able to win... Unsure.

Mmmmmmm, I liked the boss until the 3rd part tbh, like... It was interesting, especially with the burn constantly taking your HP away it was pretty hard to sustain yourself, but... Once the 3rd part kicks in and you get that huge loss of life each turn it gets tough... Then 4th part comes around and you lose MP too and... Well, at that point I just started feeling out of options.

Dunno, I liked the initial stages of the fight, but the latter stages didn't feel like I had many options available with non-elemental damage and MP drain being thingies... Well, at least it's a fight that forces us to think and change gear, which is nice on its own... But dunno, guess I just don't like it when the fight starts stacking a bunch of things I have no way of dealing with.

Interesting boss nonetheless. Had fun trying to come up with a way to beat him.

... On a side note, Zhilo's fight actually annoyed me. Not because it was hard, but because it felt like a "Nuke it or bust it" fight... Which is uhn... Not very fun IMO.
AQ  Post #: 32
9/1/2019 1:44:02   
Kurtz96

Well the only reward is a title so don't force yourself if you don't want too. This isn't like the Wicked King boss fight where there an an item of value (underwrymling pet) to get.

And the last round of the fight you also lose SP. However, you lose SP before you regen the 98 back so you can still use your misc.

Really the fight is more tedious than anything. As long as you keep track of his SP bar it should be fine. I used double Poelala the whole time and was fine. And I realize not everyone has Poelala, the point I'm making is that my guest/pet offered to defensive ability at all and I was fine. The boss doesn't really do that much damage.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 9/1/2019 1:56:35 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
9/1/2019 3:10:00   
Primate Murder

Amazing quest, amazing fight, amazing rewards - I loved everything about this release!

I may be biased, but I love the last stand fights. A heavy battle against an insurmountable foe, when you are overcome by wounds and exhaustion, with your reserves drained, trump cards played and countered... Yeah, I didn't expect to find that kind of a fight in AQ, but I absolutely loved it, both the battle itself and the thematic component.

Also, holding back an unbeatable enemy while innocents escape? That is exactly the kind of thing that makes you think 'hero'. Serious kudos to Cray for that.

Fun fact - I first played the release with my low level adventurer character that has 0 Str/Int and won (well, lived through all four stages and reduced the dragon to about 10% hp). Then I tried to fight with my lvl 150 uber-optimized meta mage and got crushed to paste in the second stage.

The rewards are actually pretty good. Fire and wind burst SPells for warriors and rangers fill in a very nice niche, helping lessen the gap between warriors and mages - and the fact that they are f2p (compared to $50 burst packages) is certainly very nice. The axe is a fairly useful alternative to f2p werewolves who are short on tokens.
AQ DF  Post #: 34
9/1/2019 3:16:16   
Red Blood

Managed to clear it with only a shield change to Demon Wraith Prison for elemental defense in both damage types, and using the bleach mask with my healing pet/guest. I will say it was rather down to the wire though had little over 1000 hp left to the dragon's 1900 before the ending triggered. I would recommend a warrior to say grab the ice cream scoop or something with more than 3 hits for the Wicked King set taking though as just a good few crits on the fire could have lead to my death in the end even with 25 pots.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
9/1/2019 4:35:33   
Kalle29

I beat the dragon without using Book of Burns or ally assists. Fun battle overall, I've stated this before but no harm in saying it again: these really hard bosses are the most fun updates by far. Here's how I beat it.
AQ  Post #: 36
9/1/2019 6:39:51   
lolerster

Good lord, that was hell of a fight. It took a very, very very long time, but I finally beat it with without using any potions. or assists

Screenshot of Near the End of the Fight
Bonus Shop Showing No Potions Used

I will absolutely not be attempting this again. The title's really nice too. It shows up on your character page in this gold yellow font, which is pretty unique (same colour as the custom title I believe).

quote:

I beat the dragon without using Book of Burns or ally assists.

Book of Burns won't work due to its negative fire resist.

< Message edited by lolerster -- 9/1/2019 6:52:23 >
AQ  Post #: 37
9/1/2019 7:08:17   
Warren.

^ it will work, because you use rainbow raygun to shift elements. Then you nuke with book of burns multicast, he goes down very quick this way
Post #: 38
9/1/2019 9:47:19   
OverLordOfDeath

I managed to defeat the dragon but that had to be the biggest pain in my life and I never want to do that again.
Post #: 39
9/1/2019 9:57:59   
J9408

^Was there a extra cutscene?
Post #: 40
9/1/2019 10:14:39   
Kurtz96

^A short one where your character dies and the screen fades to the Purple pathway.

How do people think this challenge fight compares to other challenges like the Morningstar Gauntlet and the moderator Gauntlet?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
9/1/2019 10:20:26   
J9408

^I personally think the Dragon is harder, only because of the monster low resistances.

But after this fight, I do know that having a tank character would be great. Bosses who uses attrition strategies are quite rare nowadays.
Post #: 42
9/1/2019 11:56:39   
lolerster

After Carnax 1 on 1, this dragon is much, much harder than any other beatable fight in the game imo. The Morningstar and Gauntlet Challenge don't even compare. The combination of constant harm damage with very low resistance to all elements (including harm) and the SP/MP drain makes it far more difficult to stall out than any other stalleble fight, even Wicked King or D.U.M.. It's even difficult to stack regeneration effects from Healing Branch for extremely efficient healing as 7 of those 10 turns on the HoT is used to cure the burn status. As mentioned above, most likely the only way to burst it down for offensive builds is with Rainbow Raygun + Book of Burns (can anyone confirm that you don't take dmg between Book of Burn casts? My ptsd from how long that fight was is making it hard for me to check myself).

Previously, I ran a 250 int/dex/luck FD mage build which was able to clear any other challenge quest in the game without potions/assists. However, that build simply was unable to outburst or outstall the new boss. The build has been since changed to 135 CHA/115 Luck (115 luck gives 100% chance to go first with Whispering Raiment/Ambush Potion against the extremely common 225-luck enemies) in order to take advantage of pets/guests.

The really good thing about this boss is that is is resistant to both the stun and kindred meta while making good use of END with harm damage, which is mostly a useless stat. Not only that, it does this without needing to resort to the Freedom status. I look forward to seeing more boss fights like this...just not one that's so long...

< Message edited by lolerster -- 9/1/2019 12:25:34 >
AQ  Post #: 43
9/1/2019 12:32:59   
Yozai

I hope we get more fights like this, was very fun
AQ  Post #: 44
9/1/2019 13:45:06   
Kurtz96

Unpopular opinion but this fight wasn't actually "hard" so much as it was tedious. If you find a good armor/shield/misc, pay attention to his SP bar (which you should be doing for boss fights anyways). and get a good weapon you should never be at risk of dying.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 45
9/1/2019 14:10:44   
lolerster

Yes, but the issue is that you generally can't beat this boss with your "usual" build. You need to be in a set of armor/weapon that you normally wouldn't use.
AQ  Post #: 46
9/1/2019 17:22:57   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

quote:

Well the only reward is a title so don't force yourself if you don't want too. This isn't like the Wicked King boss fight where there an an item of value (underwrymling pet) to get.

And the last round of the fight you also lose SP. However, you lose SP before you regen the 98 back so you can still use your misc.

Really the fight is more tedious than anything. As long as you keep track of his SP bar it should be fine. I used double Poelala the whole time and was fine. And I realize not everyone has Poelala, the point I'm making is that my guest/pet offered to defensive ability at all and I was fine. The boss doesn't really do that much damage.
Oh, I'm not complaining, I'm happy with the fight overall, just... Well, from a boss-design standpoint, I'm not very fond of an enemy that takes all your resources away and you can't really do much about it.

... Also not that fond of a boss that kinda "requires" too many out of standard things like Book of Burns, Temp DB, potions, Gandolphin + Imbue With Lore and the like.

On the other hand, I absolutely loved how flavorful the fight felt with you getting more and more debuffs because you're barely hanging in there to hold the beast down, so... I'm kinda torn between liking the fight because it was fun, loving how well it tied mechanically to the story being told, and disliking it from a boss-design perspective.
AQ  Post #: 47
9/1/2019 18:33:44   
Helmino

Loved that boss fight, but it was a grind (was hoping to get some kind of dragon pet to be honest).
I used FD tactics, Cryo Dragonreaver Blade for stacking burn effect, Dragonslayer Twilly guest (with 250 Cha he was landing good damage), Godmother for healing and old style misc (which use mp+1 turn in place of sp) for extra fire resistance.
Post #: 48
9/1/2019 19:10:13   
J9408

The Dragon is powerful enough to push the Chosen to his limits. Where did this Dragon come from anyway?

Zhilo was able to summon it using War/Mayhem abilities right? It is strange that War never used this Dragon against the Chosen.

< Message edited by J9408 -- 9/1/2019 19:19:42 >
Post #: 49
9/1/2019 20:00:23   
s_venom

I have no idea how to beat it with a warrior to be honest.
AQ DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition