Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2019 3:02:24   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

So... I realized I needed to do the quest again in order to fetch the description of Jalek's Panic Reaver because it didn't entirely fit into the text box of items in-battle. Bracing myself for the long long ordeal that would be fighting the wardragon again, I decided to go full YOLO because I didn't really care about winning the entire fight, but only the first 2 stages, here was my setup:

Werepyre BeastForm + Lantern of Souls + OPTIC + Draconic Blade (the one from Wyvern Rider War) + Kindred Pet (generating charges to let Kindred Shield recover resources as needed).

Well, this is where the interesting part comes though... I won the 1st two parts in full-YOLO mode, while the 3rd part I lost while the boss had 8200 HP left... That's very very very close to the end of the fight. I'd have probably won if I bothered to use Gandolphin even once in the fight I believe.

This... Kinda made me wonder if going full-YOLO isn't actually the easiest way of killing this guy? I might try it again with the Temp DB to see how it goes, maybe by also using the "Terror" skill from the Werepyre Form to reduce the boss' damage output.

Granted, this was only possible because of my 250 END, which is... Kinda hilarious, who'd have guessed END can be an useful stat?

I might try it again while actively trying to win, this time I really just wanted to reach the basic reward shop, so I didn't bother with trying... Fun, fun, I'm starting to like this boss more design-wise~

Edit: And immediately after posting this I realized I could have just gotten the description from Kalle's video of beating the boss... Well, it was a fun discovery nonetheless, so I don't mind it, but gosh, I'm dumb.
Edit 2: So, I kinda realized I didn't know where I needed to click in the axe to change modes and to eat fear, so I was forced to do the quest again to buy it and check that out (yeah, I'm dumb, shouldn't have sold it before I finished making the pedia entry).
I tried again while using Gandolphin to see how far I'd go... Also, I had like... Over 1000 Kindred Charges for this test, which made a huge difference as I'm pretty sure the pet wouldn't have generated this many charges during the battle at all.
Anyways, I was able to reach the final stage and died when the boss only had 2209 HP left, I think I was very very close to winning this one. If I had the temp DB instead of Draconic Blade or if I had used Potions, or if my Fire Armor was a FD one instead of a FO one, I think I might have actually won... Which is a very interesting experiment overall.
Granted, it wasn't a "fair" fight so to speak, because I still used the unfair interaction between beastform and gandolphin as well as had a bunch of Kindred Charges to burn into replenishing resources... Still, I aaaaaaalmost won in full YOLO mode, which was quite fun. Surprising to see this kind of strategy going this far.
Ah, also, I had to defy the last endurance roll for 800+ SP, which was probably the biggest reason behind my loss I believe, that extra SP could have allowed me to use Kindred Shield into MP one more time and let me use one final Gandolphin for victory... It was close~

< Message edited by AliceShiki -- 9/2/2019 3:45:28 >
AQ  Post #: 51
9/2/2019 5:16:29   
I Overlord I

quote:

Amazing quest, amazing fight, amazing rewards - I loved everything about this release!

I may be biased, but I love the last stand fights. A heavy battle against an insurmountable foe, when you are overcome by wounds and exhaustion, with your reserves drained, trump cards played and countered... Yeah, I didn't expect to find that kind of a fight in AQ, but I absolutely loved it, both the battle itself and the thematic component.

Also, holding back an unbeatable enemy while innocents escape? That is exactly the kind of thing that makes you think 'hero'. Serious kudos to Cray for that.

This, pretty much. Would also like to interject here and say that brilliant story notwithstanding, the character designs have also been spectacular throughout the course of this epic saga.

In any case, in all my time playing this game, I have never felt the sense of urgency and desperation that I did during this quest. If "Go, get them out of here -- I'll hold him back" isn't a proper death flag, I don't know what is. Not only did that singular scene emphasize the more noble qualities of the Chosen, it also demonstrated that They -- We -- are not invincible. Inspiring and humbling in equal measure. Concepts that we will no doubt touch upon further in the next installment. Frankly, I can't wait!

As for the fight itself, it was really fun. Super hard, but fun. Title felt well-earned. Though, given the ever-increasing difficulty of the fight, I do think the stat rolls are too punishing. I failed the final, most critical one because I didn't have 1600+ SP (lol) and was left sitting on a fun 900-something HP out of my max, only to proceed playing catch-up for the entire time thereafter. If my literal last health potion hadn't come in clutch with a LS, I would've died for sure. Nearly did so anyway. That is, the super RNG-reliant nature of the stat rolls put a damper on an otherwise fun encounter. You have to get lucky on top of getting lucky by surviving War-Torn in various increments. I also like that he can't outright reflect/ignore PWD like certain annoying mobs, but you can't cheese him by "skipping" subsequent phases either.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 9/2/2019 5:54:38 >

“Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.”
AQ  Post #: 52
9/2/2019 7:53:55   
lolerster

quote:

So... I realized I needed to do the quest again in order to fetch the description of Jalek's Panic Reaver because it didn't entirely fit into the text box of items in-battle.

What resolution are you playing on? I can see the entire description in battle without any issues.
AQ  Post #: 53
9/2/2019 8:52:41   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@lolerster I was in launcher, but I had it resized to 640x480 to get pedia pics, maybe it was a pixel or two away from that exact amount.

I could see almost the entire description though, only part that was incomplete was the part about being able to swap between melee/magic. (IIRC the space ended at "Swaps", so it was 2 words short of finishing.)
AQ  Post #: 54
9/2/2019 17:04:51   
Kurtz96

I have the spirit of change misc but I am not getting any additional gold. I cleared my cache and everything. Is this a known issue?
I am on the launcher and farming zardnado.

I also can't equip the misc. Whenever I try the game freezes.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 9/2/2019 17:27:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
9/2/2019 18:09:08   
Inferno369

Is the spirit of change misc in your first 8 active slots? It needs to be in order to give the additional gold, so if it's in storage it won't activate.
AQ  Post #: 56
9/2/2019 19:28:49   
magaman101

Is it me or does the superior knowledge spell break the launcher? Cause whenever I use it, it does the movement for the summon animation but when the weapon is raised for it, well it stops when it is at that point and never goes past that.

Or in general cause trying to use it on the site breaks it too,

< Message edited by magaman101 -- 9/2/2019 19:31:18 >
Post #: 57
9/2/2019 20:37:59   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@Kurtz96 @magaman101 Both of those look like bugs to me, try reporting them in the bugs section.
AQ  Post #: 58
9/2/2019 21:33:21   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Kamui says that should be fixed now.
Post #: 59
9/2/2019 22:01:10   
lolerster

Any info subs for superior knowledge?
AQ  Post #: 60
9/3/2019 17:05:07   
Kurtz96

quote:

Kamui says that should be fixed now.

The misc still doesn't work. It is in my 3rd slot but I still get the same gold. Example: the frogzards from the first guardian arena give 6 gold normally and with the misc it is still 6 gold (I looked on my character description to make sure). Cleared my cache too.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
9/5/2019 8:20:19   
ruleandrew

Boss part 3 (Burning Solstice part V) note
If you are a mage user, mp potions will become pointless in the final part, so use them instead of hp potions.

If you have 100 LUCK, you have guarantee first turn for this boss. Hence my build include 100 LUCK (to start first against a small number of zero LUCK monsters).

This part (part 3 out of 4) end when boss current hp level is half of boss part 1 starting hp value.

< Message edited by ruleandrew -- 9/5/2019 8:26:16 >
AQ  Post #: 62
9/7/2019 16:13:36   
roobee

I found the moderator gauntlet much harder. Although I had to face a lvl 130ish gauntlet vs a lvl 90ish dragon
Post #: 63
9/8/2019 8:03:19   
Red Blood

The Gauntlet doesn't scale down to match every lvl while I'll assume the dragon does try to match the player lvl wise.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 64
9/10/2019 2:05:36   
stratuscone

what are the rewards for this quest? i cant seem to get past the wartorn dragon
AQ DF  Post #: 65
9/10/2019 4:54:27   
I Overlord I

Two Blood Spells/SPells (Wind, Fire) and a Melee/Magic Darkness axe, I believe. But you only need to beat the first "phase" of the WTD to get those -- dying during any of the subsequent phases (even the second) is still enough to get you to cutscene. Tbh, only worry about beating the dragon in full if you want the title, which is entirely cosmetic.

v You're welcome. :)

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 9/11/2019 3:39:03 >
AQ  Post #: 66
9/10/2019 22:36:24   
stratuscone

^^ thank you Overlord! gosh that fight was exhausting, barely manageable because of that "burn" damage that increases per phase.
AQ DF  Post #: 67
9/12/2019 5:10:18   
Primate Murder

@ Staff

Would it be possible to make a bypass straight to the War-Torn Dragon if you completed the quest once? Like Morningstar's Boss Rush?

I managed to outlast him on one character, but the other ones have tried (and failed) repeatedly, having to go through the entire quest again. Don't get me wrong, I like the quest, but running through it over a dozen times on different characters is... exhausting.
AQ DF  Post #: 68
9/12/2019 12:11:34   
Kurtz96

Aren't you full healed after fighting Zhilo? And that is the last battle before the war torn dragon. So there should not be any sustain issues. Just before Zhilo dies full restore your SP with essence orb since HP will be healed after and you go into the war torn dragon fight with full HP/MP/SP.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
9/12/2019 15:25:49   
Primate Murder

It's not really a sustain issue, just mentally exhausting to do it repeatedly just so you could try new strategies for beating the boss.
AQ DF  Post #: 70
9/27/2019 17:24:45   
Lord GrimDusk

Can the Dragon be killed by PWD? Because I'm trying that now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
9/27/2019 17:32:05   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@Lord GrimDusk You can only kill one phase at a time with the PWD. So you need to land 5 PWDs on the boss in order to kill it for good.

It's not impossible, Yozai actually did it, but... Good luck with that! xD

On another note, I finally defeated the War-Torn Dragon! \(^^)/

Strategy was mostly the same as in my previous attempt, but I was a bit smarter in my gear choice.

Stats: 250 STR/INT/END.
Weapon: Draconic Blade (the one from Wyvern Rider War's chest)
Armor: Werepyre Form against darkness attacks, Malicious Devil Werepyre against the Fire Skill.
Shield: Lantern of Souls against Darkness attacks, Dragon Strike Guard against Fire Skill. Kindred Shield to replenish resources as needed.
Spells: Gandolphin to get an extra bit of HP near the battle's end. (not used most of the time)
Pet: Kindred Pet in Tranquility Charges Mode.
Misc: OPTIC.
Potions used: 0
Lucretia Potions: None.

Strategy was to basically use Beastform to hit it as hard as I could before the boss killed me. I was dealing about 80-120 damage per hit of the 4 hits attack, so it didn't take too long to kill each phase.

I did not use Beastform in the first 2 phases though, reasoning being that I wanted to stack a bit of Kindred Charges for the last phases, for I knew they would be much much needed. I also stacked a small bit against CPT (just enough to wait until my SP Bar filled while I hit attack button in werepyre form) and the 3 fights that come before the Dragon. This was around 200ish charges I believe.
Fight finished when I had 63 charges left, so those charges were very needed.
... Alternatively, I could easily heal loop forever against the first phase of the fight, which would allow me to get infinite charges, but... I didn't want to do that, so I used minimum stacking instead.

Overall, the fight was very fun, and I'm really happy that this YOLO strategy of hitting hard with Beastform was able to succeed~
... Obviously the fight would be much easier if I had a tanky mage (250 INT/DEX/END) in Wicked King Plate with the Temp Dragon Scepter, but... Where is the fun in that!? xD

It's nice to see that neither the temp DB nor potions are really necessary to make this fight work out~

PS: The fight would become easier if I had brought Whispering Raiment with me or if I used the Lucretia Ambush potion to ensure I got first turn each round, as first turn makes a big difference in the final phase.
Also, I had to pay 500ish SP to defy the final stat roll, which was actually quite a big deal that greatly harmed my SP reserves... T.T

< Message edited by AliceShiki -- 9/27/2019 17:44:58 >
AQ  Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Burning Solstice part V + LTS + September Z-Token Packages
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition