Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Advice on FD Ranger/Beastmaster

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Advice on FD Ranger/Beastmaster
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/12/2019 12:04:15   
Kurtz96

I have a few question on inventory slots for my FD Ranger/Beastmaster.

http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=41868644 (yes this is the same character I asked about earlier, I changed into a FD beastmaster style to separate this alt from my main. Before both where set up and nuke with meta stuff)
My no drop is energy aligned and I use the 6 ton gun as my fire weapon.

1. Is it true that 100% proc weapons ignore armor lean, so I can still hit for full damage in a defensive armor?
2. I have a extra armor slot from the sol neko compression so what do I use it for? Any armors with utility for my playstyle?
3. I also have an extra spell slot (since I use the Grakma call guest from the warhorm) Any suggestions?

Also just any equipment upgrades. I think I have the best from the optimization guide (thanks Ash) but that may not be complete.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 9/12/2019 12:08:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
9/12/2019 15:21:15   
Legendary Ash

Armor lean doesn't affect 100% proc weapons, weapon specials and spells, therefore they will do Neutral lean damage in Defensive lean.
Whispering Raiment's 105 initiative is the best utility for builds that don't have max Luk, Berserker Hides is second in line due to its Ticking Clock and Roar of Courage buffs, it should be only used if enemy is immobilized or player has Celerity.

Salvation Bow an alternative temp Light no drop, better than Soul Slinger's -10 BtH
Black Spot an alternative Fire 100% proc, better than Six Ton Gun's -10 BtH

Summon Aquella from Season of Shipping is a better Guest than RhubZard, Fairy Godmother can be used to sustain the Mp upkeep

Cephalopod is a better water pet than Sedna's Chaos due to a toggle to spend 22% melee on a Blind

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 9/12/2019 20:52:44 >
AQ  Post #: 2
9/12/2019 17:46:59   
Kurtz96

I looked on your optimization guide for pets and it showed this: " Cephalopod > S Emodjinn > Poseidon's Discord"

Doesn't this mean Sedna's chaos is preferred over the cephalopod?

And is the cephalopod pet available right now? I am at the talk like a pirate day location and none of the quests have that pet.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 9/12/2019 17:57:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
9/12/2019 18:31:48   
Legendary Ash

The paragraph under "Equipment progression Pathways" in Optimization Academy of Lore: Builds, Expectations explains how to use my guide:
quote:

Arrows trailing a linked item indicate a purchase pathway progression through leveling. Certain items are linked at specific tiers with unique names as that is when the player should replace their current equipment with a new series. Arrows only correctly point to the item when the browser window is not restricted to a small area causing the furthest right words to appear on the next line under.

Items of Defensive and Offensive natures identifiy more closely with the nature on the left and less on the right, those on the lesser end are mixtures of both natures, the nature that constitutes the item the most by melee power determines the category it goes into. Items separated by commas and bounded by arrows (A, R > T, X) are on the same power tier, tiers are determined by the accuracy of the penalty for an equivalent status with respect to rounding and balance errors.

Items separated by ">" means at least one of the three undertlined and bolded sentences, there isn't really too much of the underlined sentence going on for leveling up except for spells, since older spells have more Stat% than modern spells, and thus have a series ">" trailing each spell.

Sedna's Chaos pedia page rounds its Control MC effect to 3.88%, the exact value is 5*.4/(129*.4) = 3.87596%, therefore its slightly stronger than a standard MC and as Control is a mixture of 10% melee Offensive and 119% melee Defensive it belongs on the right end,

Emodjinn is a standard pet its not MC thus its on a lower tier as indicated by being on the left side of the ">" to Sedna's Chaos.

Cephalopod despite being MC is improperly balanced as its -26.4 BtH Blind *.85*5*1.4*.5/4.25 = 18.48% melee, instead of 22% melee as explained in GBI for Sand Scurrier, Nerfpets, Cephalopod, thus 18.48+20% melee =38.48% melee which is weaker than a standard pet's 40% melee and should remain on the leftmost power tier indicated by ">".
Click Captain Rhubarb's hand for the treasure hunt map quest for Cephalopod, and pick the Challenge fight in the end to unlock the proper shop for the pet.

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 9/12/2019 20:53:29 >
AQ  Post #: 4
9/13/2019 2:20:17   
Kurtz96

Thanks. The same quest also has the cephalapod launcher weapon. How does it compare to the bass guitar I am currently using?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
9/13/2019 16:23:54   
Legendary Ash

Cephalauncher spends 25% melee +5% MC for a -36 BtH Blind, which is improperly balanced like the pet, 30*4.25/(1.4*5*.85*.5) = 42.857 BtH Blind is the correct value.
Its Blind mode is still more defensive and reliable than Bass Guitar since this weapon applies a 75%/1.4 Elemental Shield at a 20% rate, which equates to 15%/1.4 elemental shield on average per turn.
AQ  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Advice on FD Ranger/Beastmaster
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition