Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes September 12th, 2019: Friday the 13th x Talk Like a Pirate Day, Pt 1 + Wheel of Doom IoDA Tokens

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes September 12th, 2019: Friday the 13th x Talk Like a Pirate Day, Pt 1 + Wheel of Doom IoDA Tokens
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/13/2019 3:08:02   
kaos rules x

quote:

September 12, 2019

Friday the 13th X Talk Like a Pirate Day, Pt 1
Our double holiday event begins tomorrow at sundown!
Way, waaaay back in 2012, Aurelio Voltaire sailed to Pirate’s Bay, but his ship sunk just off the coast. The wreckage has lain at the bottom of the sea, undisturbed (?!), ever since... and so has the treasure it carried. As Friday the 13th approached on Lore, his candy-loving companion, Hargoyle, set out to find it. But that was a month ago, and he hasn’t been seen since. This year, put all your points into your LUCK stat, log in, and battle through the sunken pirate ship alongside Aurelio Voltaire as you fight to rescue Hargoyle, recover the treasure, and survive the Sea Witch's curse!

Yarrrr! Th' Best Booty of th' Year is Almost Here
Talk Like a Pirate Day is one of the most popular holidays in AQWorlds. Every year, Quibble Coinbiter returns with new pirate-themed gear from the past, present, and future for heroes who don't ask too many questions about where their loot originated. Read on for a sneak peek at some of the gear available starting this Friday, September 13th!

Rare collectors, take note! The Sea Witch's Curse Collection Chest will be available for 10,000 ACs and contains ALL of Quibble Coinbiter's 2019 Talk Like a Pirate Day rare items.A few important tips to remember:
  • All of this year's double-holiday event rare items will be available individually from Quibble's shop in Battleon until the event leaves at the end of September.
  • More gear will be added to the chest during the second week of the event. If you buy the chest, you will automatically unlock the new gear.
  • Week 2 additions will include the Nulgath-themed armor set (with an updated design from Noire), the Gothic Pirate Captain (Aurelio Voltaire fans, rejoice!) and Dage's AQ3D pirate set, as translated by AQW guest artist, Lae.

Tags: Alina,

quote:

September 12, 2019

Wheel of Doom IoDA Update
Mega - Super - Incredible Update to the IoDA Tokens
You’ve asked for it, and now everything is ready to do it! The IoDA tokens are being taken to the next level! Starting tomorrow night (Friday, September 13th), the Platinum tokens are being retired and replaced. If you still have any unused tokens, you can still redeem those by following the instructions on this page: https://www.aq.com/lore/guides/prizeredemption

Wait! REALLY?
Yes, really! This has been a much requested feature since the Wheel of Doom made its return. With the PIoDA tokens, we were able to do a “test” run to see if increasing the awards was feasible. IT IS!

Introducing - The WICKED Item of Donated Awesomeness!
The new and improved Wicked Item of Donated Awesomeness (or WIoDA for short) is taking the Platinum’s place. This new token will no longer be left in your inventory. With each prize awarded, it will be removed so you can obtain a new one. And another new one. And another new one.

The stack limit on them is going to show as 1. But since they are removed now with the placements of your prizes, you can actually get as many of them as you have Treasure Potions for. You just have to redeem them one by one.

So what other changes are there?
At this time, the same rules as PIoDA will remain in place for what types of prizes you can ask for.

While we do have even more plans for the Wheel of Doom and the IoDA tokens, those are a subject for another day. (hint*hint*teaser)

Tags: IoDA Update Cemaros,

You all feeling lucky? ~kaos rules x

Edit: If anyone has any additional curiosity about some of the other chest items: here's a teaser ~kaos rules x

< Message edited by kaos rules x -- 9/13/2019 5:06:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
9/13/2019 13:26:10   
Rtkat3

So tonight is a call back to the first Voltaire event. I can't say if it will be a live event since Voltaire was unavailable for some of the previous events where he provided dialogue. That would've been the decision of the AQW Team.
AQ  Post #: 2
9/13/2019 15:54:51   
kaos rules x

I haven't seen anything about it being a live event. Generally speaking, the AE team announces live events by at least a few days, like the Korn concert event.
It gets some excited for a live setting (myself included, one of my favorite memories is the live Q&A before the campfire Friday the 13th event) and allows for others to make plans so that they can join in on a live event.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
9/14/2019 12:52:27   
Rtkat3

spoiler:

The sea witch is named Cecaelia after the half-woman half-octopus species and is served by the Merdraconian Squatters.

As for the Gargoyle Bat named Hargoyle, the first part of the event ended with the players and Voltaire seeing him on a ghost ship. Perhaps we'll be able to rescue him by the second part.
AQ  Post #: 4
9/22/2019 5:23:39   
Beshin Adin

Part 1 was average, Part 2 is much better

The new minigame is quite fun

Abyssal NC is one off the best TLaPD sets ever
AQ AQW  Post #: 5
9/29/2019 21:33:02   
xatu7

Just got around to finishing part 2.

I.... couldn't believe AE allowed Come Sweet Death in their game, a cheery song about suicide.

When I heard the music I was like "No way they'd do that..." then the lyrics kicked in confirming that they totally did.

Wow. Did... not expect that one.
AQ  Post #: 6
10/2/2019 9:15:19   
reneilto56

I really wanted the time killer naval commander. I hope you come next pirate day
AQW  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes September 12th, 2019: Friday the 13th x Talk Like a Pirate Day, Pt 1 + Wheel of Doom IoDA Tokens
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition