Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes: September 17th, 2019: In Memory of Saiacosta

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes: September 17th, 2019: In Memory of Saiacosta
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/17/2019 18:42:52   
  Phantasmia
Time to be a [BIG SHOT]

quote:

September 17, 2019
In Memory of Saiacosta

Dear AdventureQuest Worlds players...

It is with our deepest regret that we write to inform you that rising star guest artist Saiacosta was killed alongside several of his family members earlier this month.

Earlier today, we received rumors of his tragic passing. We were deeply concerned because we had not heard from him since late August. Our community is very close and as you know, word travels fast. We posted a tweet which led to a response from his friends, which included a link to this news article.

What is so terrible about this is that Sai was so young and so talented. We first saw his art several years ago, as he shared it on Twitter. We’ve watched his talent grow over time until, earlier this year, we were so impressed with his skill, that we began working with him.

For those who did not know him personally or in-game, you may remember when his first set - the Hanzo Void - finally released in-game back in January of this year. His latest sets - the Pyromancer and Underworld Naval Commanders - released this past Friday; he built them last year and was so excited for them to be available for everyone. Unfortunately, he never got to see how many of our community members were able to enjoy his work.

This is one of the most terrible events our community has faced. It is important for us to bind together at this time and be supportive of one another, perhaps moreso now than ever. The best way to honor the memory of someone who has fallen while achieving their dreams is to follow your own. Do not wait. Take action, right now.

We are waiting to hear back from the family, to see what we can do to help. In the meantime, we are reaching out to the community artists who worked with his so closely. We will create an in-game item, available for everyone, to honor his memory and commemorate his contributions to the game.

Tags: Alina,

DF AQW  Post #: 1
9/17/2019 21:16:52   
reneilto56

I know some of your work, but I didn't know it.
Surely he would be happy with the results of his sets.
left, but had his great deeds!
AQW  Post #: 2
9/18/2019 13:36:54   
Rtkat3

I had to translate the article link using Google and it said that SaiAcosta, his sister, and his grandmother were killed in their apartment. It also said that the culprits of this triple-murder weren't found.

It was a tragedy to loose a rising computer artist.

Rest in Peace SaiAcosta.

< Message edited by Rtkat3 -- 9/18/2019 13:45:54 >
AQ  Post #: 3
9/18/2019 20:29:22   
  Kiyone

Rest in Peace SaiAcosta. You will be missed.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes: September 17th, 2019: In Memory of Saiacosta
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition