Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

DA fun

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> DA fun
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/26/2019 2:18:26   
Primate Murder

I've been playing around DF for several months now, and have, just as of this morning, bought a DA for my entire account. So, what should I do first?

- Are there interesting DA-exclusive quests?

- What are the best classes now that I have access to both sides of the skill tree? (er, skill roots? skill row?)

- What are the best DA items worth getiing? Weapons, capes, helms, etc.

- Food! What does it do? How to get the best one available? And is there any other good DA-only temp stuff?

- Trinkets! Now that I have access to them, what's worth acquiring? (and I heard some Bubbles thing got nerfed? or was it Chi Bomb?)

Edit:

- Which are the best guests to use from the list? What are their best combinations and skills?

Thanks in advance!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 9/26/2019 3:59:18 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
9/26/2019 12:30:42   
The Finnish Phoenix

Greetings and congratulations on becoming a DragonLord!

For food the best ones are both at The Drowned Fortress, being Rotten Hardtack which is 3 screens right of the starting point and Seaweed which is deeper in. They both restore your HP to full!

For Trinkets, my favourites are Shapeless Idol and Vaal's Ego. Both raise your Crit and Bonus tremendously with Vaal's Ego also raising base stats and inflicting a 99-turn DoT. Others worth looking into are the Chi Blast and Not-So-Tiny-Bubbles that you mentioned as well as some of the Summon Gems Roktoru, Reaver, Ricterild, and Illumina. Once you accumulate a lot of Defender's Medals the BOOM-Voice Brew, Defender Cannon and Defender Elemental Unity Trinkets become options, though the latter also requires a $5 DragonCoin package to access. The DragonLord's Rage and DragonLord's Patience Trinkets also boost the skills of the DragonLord class, with Patience being generally better.

For classes, in addition to DragonLord/Evolved DragonLord you'll want to look into the Atalean classes which are Dragon Amulet-exclusive heavily-buffed versions of the base classes, Rogue giving access to Cryptic, Mage to Ascendant and Warrior to RiftWalker. Similarly, the DragonMage, DragonRogue, and DragonWarrior classes become available as upgraded base classes, though aren't as powerful as the Atalean classes. You can also access Ascended and Evolved ChickenCow armours without using DC's. Then perhaps more powerful than any of these is Master Soulweaver, which it's definitely worth doing the quests in Pellow Village to unlock and train. Last but not least is the currently in-testing ChaosWeaver Armour, which is a super fun offensive powerhouse of a class. It won't be available for testing for long so make use of it while you can!

As far as DA weapons go, Blade of Awe is a big deal as it's generally the best weapon to Show without necessarily equipping. It has a 5% chance on-hit to recover 4% of both your maximum HP and MP. Dragon Blade is also pretty great, as you can Show it to grant yourself an extra 15% Bonus to Hit and Damage in fights against Dragons. You can also now upgrade Doom and Destiny weapons to their full potential, and with each upgrade they become convincingly the best weapons of their level with Destiny weapons going up to 85. At Level 90 I would still say the Level 90 Ultimate DragonStaff of Destiny is my best weapon and that these have the best damage and stats of any weapons in the game, so definitely check those out.

A big part of the fun of having a Dragon Amulet is your pet Dragon. You can Summon it at any time as either a Pet or Guest by clicking your DragonAmulet at the center of the screen and it's the best pet in the game by far once you train it. Now that you can grow your dragon for Titan battles you get access to a lot of interesting fights that way as well.

Speaking of companions you had the question of which guests are best from the list, to which I'd say Artix and Nythera in most cases, though not on the list are Mritha and Sir Leon who are also great. I used Raven quite a bit when level-grinding against the Junkyard Drillers and Doom Cola Machines in Doctor Voltabolt's challenge as she's attuned to the Energy element and comes with a Stun and guaranteed Crit, I found she sped things up by denying them a turn.

That covers the bulk of what I can think of for now but with 13 years of content and much of it having DA perks there's a lot more to be uncovered!

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
9/26/2019 15:53:52   
EdyMaster

As for the class, I suggest you take a look at your Atelean version first, as all three are excellent. About the items you will now have tons at your disposal, follow this list here to get some of the best ones available (I suggest starting with the "Overall" items and top priority to finish your Ultimate Destiny weapon as it is your most powerful weapon): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y4MPwMuf3G9AdPUTutNIRWnqpgWcENljRyQRLHSCJvQ/edit#

As for DCs I suggest you spend them wisely if you don't want to buy more. You should at least have 2200 DC's, so you have two options: buy a DC class you really like (Chaosweaver is getting attention right now) and spend the rest on whatever you want. Or just buy some good DC items that fit almost everything like DF's birthday scythe ( Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals), or the famous Fierce Dragonlord Helm which is an excellent item. Both are must have.

There are some things that cost DC's that in my opinion are not extremely necessary but help. Like Armor Closet which does basically the same thing as Orb of Saving and also allows you to easily switch between all classes you own (it also serves to access season class like Evolved PumpkinLord out of season). It's only worth having if you like to change classes a lot, otherwise just use Orb. Another thing that helps is buying better food for your pet dragon (I suggest you buy only Super Special Dragon Chow for a bigger DC economy) to train faster. Or spend DC buying more inventory/bank space if you find it necessary (though you can survive at standard capacity).

edit
: I have now seen that you are only level 41. That way I suggest you not buy any DC items that are not of the maximum level available (like Fierce Dragonlord Helm). In the case of DDSoE you can upgrade for free as level up, but until it is available on birthday you should already be at the maximum level anyway. Another exception is weapons that you "show" to just activate their special effect (as in the case of Hammster weapons), you can buy only the cheapest low level version.

Talking a little bit more about your level, it would be good for you to avail while the Chaosweaver test is open and use it to level up your character. The most effective strategy is to build 200 CHA and go to Dr. Voltabolt's quest with a guest along, so your exp is maximized and should level up very fast as Chaosweaver can defeat the boss in only 1 turn using Gambit > Untangle.

< Message edited by EdyMaster -- 9/26/2019 16:29:00 >
DF  Post #: 3
9/26/2019 16:20:38   
zzzzmochi

quote:

I've been playing around DF for several months now, and have, just as of this morning, bought a DA for my entire account. So, what should I do first?

- Are there interesting DA-exclusive quests?

- What are the best classes now that I have access to both sides of the skill tree? (er, skill roots? skill row?)

- What are the best DA items worth getiing? Weapons, capes, helms, etc.

- Food! What does it do? How to get the best one available? And is there any other good DA-only temp stuff?

- Trinkets! Now that I have access to them, what's worth acquiring? (and I heard some Bubbles thing got nerfed? or was it Chi Bomb?)

Edit:

- Which are the best guests to use from the list? What are their best combinations and skills?

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on finally getting a Dragon Amulet, sir! I myself have gotten one not so long ago(about a month ago).

There are two notable DA exclusive quests(in my opinion). One being Ash Archknight. You may access it by talking to Ash and clicking Archknight which would open up another character slot in your account. The other being Alexander's Saga which can be accessed by going to Swordhaven book 1 or 2 > burnt house(2 Up -> 3 Left -> Up -> Left -> Up -> 2 Right -> approach the burnt house -> Click on the "Explore?") It will also open up to another character slot in your account. Competing them will give you access to the Blade of Destiny and Fire Soul shops.

The Inn at The Edge of Time(Falconreach > a black sphere in the sky) is a place where you can challenge yourself with extremely difficult bosses like no other quests have ever done before. The rewards you get from them are incredible with the exception of a few. It is not a DA exclusive zone but to beat the challenges almost always require the use of classes that are fully unlocked with DA(or DC/Calender classes).

The best classes you can use with DA are Pirate, Master Soulweaver, Technomancer and the tier 3 base classes(Atealan classes. You can only use one of them; if you are a rogue, Cryptic) in my opinion. Dragonlord is good but only with the two trinkets you can buy for 325k gold(or 750 DCs), patience being better while Rage is only good for farming.

DA items that are worth getting are Soulforged Scythe, Ice Scythe and Destiny weapons. Ice Scythe is mainly for you to "Show weapon" while using another weapon to gain its effects (5% proc: -30 ice for 5 turns). Blade of Awe is decent but to me, it is not good against hard bosses. There are many more weapons you could get and many of them are in the Inn challenges.

Aside from that, get a house and buy Orb of Saving. It is mainly for convenience. You need to spend 7213 gold to save your equips though. It can get costly if you save too many times.

As for trinkets, I would suggest getting Chi Blast which cost 200 DCs. I have only gotten it 2 days ago and it seems to be the best in general usage. You might want to use it at high levels only though, it costs a lot of mana. Not So Tiny Bubbles is not good in most situations anymore(unless its -hit is bumped back up or the cd is lowered back at 5). Other decent trinkets include Summon Gem: Ricterild/Illumina. I would say Ricterild is only good if you pair it up with light guests and pet. Although I might be biased as I only use these trinkets.

The best guests include Artix, Nythera, Aegis and Sir Leon. If I were to rank them, it would be as follows:

#1: Sir Leon/Nythera (tied)
#2: Artix
#3: Aegis

Last and not least, remember to feed your pet dragon daily. It is the strongest pet in the game. It can even do more damage than you.

I hope this helps you, sir!

*hugs*

:]

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 9/26/2019 16:21:58 >
Post #: 4
9/27/2019 3:31:00   
Primate Murder

A huge thanks to all three of you for the helpful replies!

I've got a few more questions, if you will:

- I've seen Master Soulweaver praised on the forums and Discord. What's so exceptional about the class?

- I've never used the 'Show' option before. I take it, it allows you to transfer the effects from one weapon to another? or something among those lines?

- I've actually known about Leon for a while - 700% crit, as well as a full assortment of warrior skills is crazy op; he's my go-to on the Cha character. What's so good about Nythera, though (I can't find her entry on the forums)? And is it me, or does Book 1 Artix seem better than Book 3. what with a Multi skill and a LightRes nerf?

I also have a few questions regarding food:

- What does 'stuffed' mean? Is it the number of times you can use it? Does it disappear after a set number of turns, regardless of whether you use it or not? Is it the duration for the effect?

- Does eating food take a turn?

- There seems to be quite an assortment of really good food - would you recommend I make use of any of the following: Baked Basilisk, Zard Burgers, Cocoaberry Juice, Zard Kebobs, Red Fruit?

As always, thanks for all your help!
AQ DF  Post #: 5
9/27/2019 3:47:55   
TFS
Helpful!

Master Soulweaver isn't that great, people on Discord are not a usually a super reliable source of advice. If you want to use a weaver class your best bet would be regular Soulweaver with its artifact.
The 'Show' option lets you load just the art of a weapon, helm, or back item, allowing you to combine the art of an item you like with the stats of another. If you Show a weapon with a special, you'll be able to use its special without out actually equipping it.
Book 3 Artix is much stronger than Book 1 - he actually does much more damage than the range on his stats panel would imply.
'Stuffed' prevents you from eating more food while it's active, for balance purposes. Each food item has a different Stuffed duration, in most cases proportional to how powerful the food item is.
Eating food does not take a turn.
Zard Burgers and Red Fruit are two of the best food items in the game for safe setup and burst respectively. You'll also want to try out the Seaweed and Rotten Hardtack, each of them will provide you with an instant full heal upon use but you can only carry one of each at a time.

Congrats on becoming a Dragonlord, there's tons of great stuff I'm sure you'll enjoy!
DF  Post #: 6
9/27/2019 4:51:31   
Primate Murder

Thanks yet again, I'm sure I will!
AQ DF  Post #: 7
9/27/2019 11:34:21   
The Finnish Phoenix

It depends a bit on the situation but Book 3 Artix has a much more powerful auto-attack than Book 1 Artix (175% to 100%) which is his big draw for me. His Purify attack resets its cooldown after each battle unlike Book 1 Artix's Ultimate Light Combo Attack, which makes Book 3 Artix better for walk-around quests. His ability to fully heal himself also keeps him around for longer boss fights to deflect damage away from your character which is of huge importance for a guest where Book 1 Artix heals 15% for himself and your character which is up to 70% less total HP restored, so I generally prefer Book 3 Artix. He's also instantly summonable via Book of Lore for the sake of convenience so you don't have to hunt him down.

Nythera just generally has better damage output than most guests, having access to two different DoTs, a 120% auto-attack, four different moves dealing 150%+ damage, and a couple moves that heal herself giving her decent versatility. She also has a 1-turn Bonus debuff in Unearth which is far from the strongest defensive Guest ability but can help dodge scary attacks in a pinch. Sir Leon is generally better, but Nythera is instantly accessible, good for sustained damage, and can compete with Leon in situations where foes have too much Immobility for Leon to Stun.

For most of the game you can just drop Artix and Nythera in from the Book of Lore and they'll help you kill stuff faster, and if ever they die then you can get them back within a couple clicks between quests. For more difficult situations it becomes more worth your while to fetch Sir Leon and Mritha.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
10/10/2019 9:45:40   

Yeah all in all, with a dragon amulet you get so much more out of the game, I remember years back when I first bought mine, but yeh, have fun!
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> DA fun
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition