Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Return Base Class to Warrior

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Return Base Class to Warrior
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/30/2019 1:49:31   
Primate Murder

I tried out the DragonWarrior class from Dragonsgrasp, but overall remained unimpressed - outside of a few niche skills, it's just a more mana-intensive version of the base Warrior class. Edit: I mean, it's probably a good option for some bosses, but I have a low-level character with no Wis. It's a murder on my mp supply.

Unfortunately, I've clicked 'Save' when using the armor, and now am stuck in it every time I log in. How do I return my log-in class to Warrior?

Please, and thank you.

P.S. I don't have a house or an armor closet, so that's not an option.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 9/30/2019 1:55:23 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
9/30/2019 2:25:10   
EdyMaster

The first thing that came to mind would be to go to your house and use Orb of Saving by clicking Load Base Class, that should solve the problem. I don't know otherwise unfortunately.

But I don't think this is a problem if you're really talking about DragonWarrior, since it's certainly the best Dragon class and a much better upgrade than the base Warrior, and even one of the most offensive classes in the whole game being able to do tons of damage. However on the page of your character I believe you are talking about DragonRogue, which is very bad indeed.
DF  Post #: 2
9/30/2019 2:59:58   
Primate Murder

It's on my secondary character, a lvl 11 warrior.

And I'm not saying it's horrible, but it requires anywhere between 2x and 6x the mp for the same skills; and the few skills that are new rarely see the light of day outside strong bosses. Except I haven't even unlocked any yet! And DragonWarrior just kills all my mp in the first half of any quest I go on.

I mean, as a last resort I can just transfer all my stats into Wis, but I was looking for any available alternatives before doing that.
AQ DF  Post #: 3
10/1/2019 11:51:36   
badguts

Hey, looks like we are both in the same ballpark here; I'm working on my lvl 12 warrior and can let you know whats been working for me.

I was getting tired of the base warrior armor because i could definitely feel it wasn't keeping up with the monsters as they got stronger. I just did the quest line to get the warrior version of the Atealan armor (Riftwalker). The Atealans are the strongest upgrade for the base classes. It has nearly the same skills that the base warrior class does except each one of them has much higher stats/stronger effects. It also has a multi hit basic attack and a passive percent bonus to your damage.

I've been using it a lot and it's a powerhouse. It's a glass cannon build because it has very few decent defensive skills; but the huge percentages you can get on your damage far outweighs that. Most fights I can kill the enemy during my first turn without letting them attack back.

Below is how you get the armor and a few strategies that worked for me:

spoiler:

Travel Map -> Anomaly -> Go left twice -> Sentinel -> The Spire -> Go left twice -> Enter red riftwalker portal -> Fight and defeat Alz'Ein.

She can be kind of tough; so i would recommend bringing Artix and Rolith. Between your stun skill and Rolith's stun skill, you can keep trading off and she'll have a lot less chances to fight back. She does have some immobility resistance, but i was still able to stun her more often than not.

In between stuns, have Artix hit first with Undead slayer slash to reduce light resist and follow up with Ultimate Light Combo or Blinding Light for decent damage. Have him heal as needed if you get in a tight spot. Rolith only has 3 skills, so just cycle between each one and regular attack as needed; but make sure you are using your stun opposite of your main character's stun to keep her immobile for as long as possible. If you don't have a decent pet to use (I used Braydenball) then i would bring twilly because you can still get at least some utility out of his heal.

For your question on class armor; as far as i know you can only swap it permanently by using the Orb of confusion or owning the Armor closet.

If you talk to Malek on the second floor of the guardian tower he can save your items and weapons so you will have them at login, but he can't save class armors

Hopefully some of that was useful for you; good luck!

< Message edited by badguts -- 10/1/2019 13:00:03 >
AQ  Post #: 4
10/2/2019 12:11:41   
The Finnish Phoenix

The first step towards a permanent solution would be to buy a house, a simpler task than you might think. The House Shop from Cysero's Orb outside Cysero's Shop sells a House for 1000 Gold. Unfortunately, that's the easy part. You'd then have to get the Orb of Saving from the same Orb's Gold stuff shop for 20000 gold and it would run you another 7213 to save the armor of your choice as your default.

If you do decide to reroute your stats towards heavy-WIS, it's not too much of an ordeal now as you can reset your stats for free and train each stat 10 points at a time (also free now) at Sir Render in the Town Hall next to the Bank in Falconreach, allowing you to more or less change your stat build at will whenever you want including adapting towards certain boss fights.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
10/2/2019 15:37:07   
Primate Murder

Thanks!

For some reason I assumed both the houses and the Orb would cost DCs and never even looked. Is there a practical diffenrence between different houses?
AQ DF  Post #: 6
10/2/2019 16:07:50   
The Finnish Phoenix

Sure thing!

One practical difference is that some houses have entry points closer to where you spawn than others do. You spawn at the rightmost part of your screen for all houses, so it's better to have a house with a door in the middle or towards the right of your screen to save a few steps of walking to access clickable floor items. I'd avoid Obsidian House for this reason, which makes you walk across the screen each time. Gothic House or Waterelf House seem the most practical in this respect.

Some houses also offer more rooms than others (mostly those that cost DC's or six-figures in gold, which isn't very practical to pay) so you have more space to put house items, but you can just Manage and equip as necessary if you need to access any given house item's function. The 1000 DC DragonLord House is also unique in that it provides interactions with your Dragon including the ability to feed and drain him there, but you can do that anywhere by clicking your Amulet so not all that practical.

Mostly just cosmetic differences though yeah.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
10/3/2019 3:33:18   
Primate Murder

I tried it on a higher-level character and it works, thanks! No more traveling to Atria every time I log in now.

Though it will be a while before my lvl 12 gains 30k gold...
AQ DF  Post #: 8
10/3/2019 21:22:41   
EdyMaster

You could get this amount of gold in about an hour and a half by doing Potion Mastery quest, but I don't think it's worth it because in that time you could raise your character to level ~30 and solve the mana problem. Or the quickest way is to delete the character and start over because you can reach level 12 in a few minutes by doing the Pumpkin Patch quest in Amityvayle along with Artix and your character doesn't need to have equipment as Artix does all the work for you.
DF  Post #: 9
10/3/2019 23:39:29   
Primate Murder

I actually don't want to hurry it along - I specifically made a new character to go through all content as a Dragonlord, to see the differences between it and a f2p character.

Potion Mastery is nice, but it requires you to get through the It's Not Fair quest first, where you play as Kid Nymeria - and, alas, that's pretty much impossible at lower levels, as the monsters can't be killed in one turn, have varying degrees of stun resistance and deal damage that's clearly designed for lvl 20+.
AQ DF  Post #: 10
10/4/2019 0:00:04   
badguts

Vouch on the "it's not fair". I tried taking it on at lvl 12 and there was just no way it was happening. Once i hit about lvl 15 I was able to scrape by. One thing you can do that will help you out is train up your potion skills so that each use will heal you more
AQ  Post #: 11
10/4/2019 0:54:15   
Primate Murder

What would be the optimum stat spread for the quest? Int? End? Luck, maybe?
AQ DF  Post #: 12
10/4/2019 1:43:52   
EdyMaster

This is a really difficult quest, but you can do it. I tested it now with a level 10 character without any trained stat and got it on the second try. Just try to hit the stun on the first turn, if it doesn't work keep trying. Use MP only to try stun. It only takes 5 enemies to pass the quest, choose the ones with the least stun resistance. Train END or INT that might be easier.
DF  Post #: 13
10/4/2019 1:46:42   
badguts

All of her moves, including the auto attack, are magic based; so in that situation High INT would be more helpful. I was able to do it on my STR char though as i had a lot of END.

The strategy that worked for me was using Stun and Shield opposite each other so you get the most amount of turns protected. It looked something like:

Kick -> Spell -> Spell -> Shield -> Spell -> Spell

If they are still alive after that, your kick will be back up so you just repeat the same pattern. "Spell" can also be an auto attack if you have all on cool down or are saving mana.

I used potions as needed in between battles as opposed to during because the enemy gets a free attack right after you use a potion so they can just out damage your healing.

If you die, you'll re-spawn with 1 health after the cut-scene but you get to keep your progress. Even if you run out of potions and are at 1 health starting the battle, you could get really lucky and get a stun off and two high dmg hits that kill them before they get a chance to attack since most of the have like 6-8 hp if i remember correctly

AQ  Post #: 14
10/4/2019 5:32:43   
Primate Murder

Thanks! Completed the quest at lvl 16.
AQ DF  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Return Base Class to Warrior
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition