Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= October 4th Design Notes: The Corrupted Seven and the Release of Chaosweaver!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 4th Design Notes: The Corrupted Seven and the Release of Chaosweaver!
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2019 19:08:50   
Kurtz96

Just noticed Alina posted on the design notes. Can't remember the last time that happened. Pretty random. Usually she posts company wide announcements like the launcher, but this time it was just the Chaosweaver stuff with no new materials.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 10/7/2019 19:12:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
10/7/2019 21:22:52   
LunaShiva

I love the Chaosweaver class! I would really like an option to remove Secundus from the final skill (: . Thank you for all that you create!
Post #: 52
10/7/2019 21:49:58   
Kurtz96

Pretty sure he is there because of lore reasons. Who else is going to be our spirit? Can't be Aegis has he is not corrupted.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
10/8/2019 2:45:55   
nane11357

Hi,the full screen check on artrix game launcher does nothing so i can't play in fullscreen.Maybe you can look into that.Thank you for updates guys and keep up the good work
DF AQW  Post #: 54
10/8/2019 5:47:19   
Necromencer

How would Sloth work lore wise? Is he one soul with two personalities? Two souls in one?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
10/8/2019 9:54:36   
HellsWolf666

quote:

How would Sloth work lore wise? Is he one soul with two personalities? Two souls in one?

that is actually a very interesting question thats gonna take multiple observations into account

1)in the quest " the origin of aspar" pandora states the following

spoiler:

Pandora: And so, I created Aspar by splitting my soul. I loved him very... very much. But he wasn't a human, he was a spirit.

Pandora: I... still loved him, even when he was ripping my soul apart and creating his own family of spirits...

-essentially all corrupted spirit all originated from pandora's single soul

with this it is safe to assume sloth isn't made out of 2 souls not to mention that dove once said that secundus has his own personality and is an entity on his own
spoiler:

despite being created by the merged souls of vaal and roirr

which further helps deny the 2 merged souls theory

since lore points out at sloth not being made out of 2 different souls the only question left is rather he is 2 different people or just 1
here we must go into speculation mode based on how he talks and acts in the fight itself

talking
sloth doesn't speak much but we can still learn stuff from what he does say:
quote:

(Pop-ups: 'Let us rest!' 'I don't want to fight today...')

quote:

(Pop-ups: 'I can't take it anymore.' 'My turn.' 'If I must.' 'I'll just close my eyes for a moment.')

sloth or should i say sloths reffer to themselves in plural "us"
whenever they switch heads one will say "i can't take it anymore" while the other will say "my turn" so they talk between themselves and are aware of the other.
another thing is how each head acts and speaks independantly from the other during the switch between them

attacking
each part of sloth has is own unique attacks and is able to act even when the other is asleep
but when it comes to nuking they pull the arrow together meaning that they can also act at the same time.

if sloth had a split personality in 1 body id expect for 1 part to be awake and in controll while the other was in a more dormant state at all time rather than both being awake and aware(during nuke)
so my best guess is that either they are 2 different souls holding hands or they are something closer to siemese twins maybe (2 different people with 2 different bodies that are merged at the feet probably)

though those are just my speculations
DF  Post #: 56
10/8/2019 10:21:58   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Sloth is a singular elemental spirits, that's split and conjoined (they never let go of eachother, and are connected at the "feet") in their 4th stage.
Why is that, I leave up to you to speculate!
DF  Post #: 57
10/8/2019 13:33:45   
DD.CLYDESTER

quote:

I can see that someone has already trained you as a chaosweaver.

Can someone explain this to me? Or is it because of our Soulweaving Class from Tomix (Who technically is a chaosweaver due to weaving with a corrupted spirit?)?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
10/8/2019 14:02:32   
HellsWolf666

@DD.CLYDESTER- if you check out the soulweaver page at the bottom you see the following notes :

quote:

Chaosweavers weave with corrupted elemental spirits
This has not changed
By EDELIA'S LAW you would be considered a chaosweaver, because you use weaving in battles
To keep things organized:
You are a chaosweaver if you weave with a corrupted elemental spirit
You are CONSIDERED a chaosweaver, by the soulweaving community, if you use your soulally and weaving in battles

the hero, tomix and Belle are only chaosweavers in name over this technicality that weavers are not ment to use their ability for battle (with the headmaster of Edelia as the sole exception as he has the right to protect his students)
DF  Post #: 59
10/9/2019 11:15:15   
Jet Silver

I wonder what was their stage 3 like? Splitting apart at the head?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
10/10/2019 18:08:24   
Elden Strife

Kind of disappointing that Dragonlord's don't have a chance to try and get it through questing. I was hyped because it was a new class and all, and it was something that was hyped for awhile...so to see it locked behind a dragon coin paywall has me kinda miffed, like you could of done a color custom version that costs Dragon Coins but locking the class behind a paywall like that is saddening to see, at least consider my proposal please, and if your reading this Dev team I might not be able to play as much as I used to but I have some great memories from playing Dragonfable, still have to say my favorite quests involve Ravenloss and the Dark Orb Saga.
Post #: 61
10/10/2019 19:25:03   
Da Awesomancer

@Elden Strife Chaosweaver has been a DC only class since its inception. All non-canon classes are DC or calendar locked, and cannot be obtained through any other means. This is unlikely to change at any point in the future.
DF AQW  Post #: 62
10/11/2019 1:18:44   
HellsWolf666

chaosweaver was known to be a DC class for years, you will however be able to train fleshweaver normally and by laws of equivalent exchange it is assumed that it will be a very powerfull class since obtaining it will lock the normal soulweaver and aegis as a guest due to how you obtain the class
DF  Post #: 63
10/11/2019 2:24:32   
The Finnish Phoenix

Laws of equivalent exchange have no jurisdiction outside Fullmetal Alchemist. As players who can concurrently access DragonLord and Dragonslayer, Paladin and Necromancer not to mention SoulWeaver and general combat, surely we have the hypocritical wiles and protagonist's charm to weave Soul and Flesh alike. As for Aegis' purity, either we can leave him to chill in his Ravenloss hut as we weave Chaos and Flesh with Secundus, or harbour both Aegis and Secundus simultaneously in our soul with them engaged in constant psychomachia over the influence of our complex and morally ambiguous hero. Secundus is Latin for "second" after all, and ChaosWeaver (however non-canon it may be) hints at our capacity to call upon both with Aegis and Secundus making appearances in the animations for the Soul Aegis and Untangle skills respectively.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
10/11/2019 3:28:12   
HellsWolf666

some dragons are good ones that mind their own lives , others go around and burn villages- caring for them and killing them is ok as long as you do it to the correct dragon.

necromancers don't even need to raise the dead- they are just as good with curse magic, heck in book 3 falconreach they serve as gravekeepers and make sure the dead remain dead(much to their displeasure)

as for paladins
quote:

Uaanta: Hmm. You're right. What are Darkness elementals doing attacking a peaceful settlement? Alongside the Light?
<Character>: I- wait, Darkness is good where you're from?
Uaanta: Is it not, here? Don't tell me you just let crazy Light warriors rampage around where they please? And call them Heroes-

you cannot apply the logic of hypocricy to crazy people now can you?

quote:

As for Aegis' purity, either we can leave him to chill in his Ravenloss hut as we weave Chaos and Flesh with Secundus

you can let aegis chill as a fleshweaver alright, but it's only because you're gonna turn him into an as of yet unknown flavor of ice-cream and eat his soul as part of becomming one.
so soul+chaosweaver - yes because you can use threads from secundus or aegis to weave
soul+fleshweaver- no cuz aegis can't produce threads when he is dead... more than he is now
DF  Post #: 65
10/11/2019 14:19:51   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yikes, looking back on previous statements by Tomix there is some fine print with FleshWeaver that I was blissfully ignorant of.

I think I'm happy with ChaosWeaver. It seems too hard to justify that we as the Hero could become canonical FleshWeavers given the implications, and that it would've made more sense for Fleshweaver to be a non-canon DC class with ChaosWeaver being the extent to which our Hero would sink to within the storyline. I don't see FleshWeaver being significantly more powerful than ChaosWeaver; ChaosWeaver already has a better offence than the currently available DoomKnight and enough situations in which it's actually the better class to use. If FleshWeaver's power were about on par with ChaosWeaver's, which it probably should be if we're sacrificing SoulWeaver, Master SoulWeaver on top of Aegis through betrayal and murder, potentially the ability to talk to Tomix among other NPCs (Belle and other SoulWeavers/SoulSmiths come to mind), and part of our humanity - I would personally rather just pay 1800 DragonCoins for ChaosWeaver than see my Hero so reduced to actual scumbaggery. I suppose we can be seen desecrating dead bodies in Necromancer/DeathKnight/Necro Paragon, but up until now those actions have been solely confined within battles without any real world implications or suggestions that our doing so causes pain and sadness for others, it's just sort of a random corpse that reliably materializes from whatever terrain we happen to be fighting in and the silliness of that dispels the notion that this is an actual human corpse we are performing indignities to by using as a weapon. I've always been of the opinion that cremation should be standard and perhaps even required in fantasy worlds where Necromancy is prevalent, and it sure is in DF with undead invasions being about as regular an occurrence as the change of seasons.

It will be interesting to see how powerful FleshWeaver is though relative to SoulWeaver equipped with Baltael's Aventail, Master SoulWeaver, ChaosWeaver, and the supposed power ceiling in DoomKnight that seems already to have a few cracks in it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
10/11/2019 16:01:13   
HellsWolf666

Dove said that whatever we do to aegis will not count as "murdering"

As for how NPC's will treat us tomix will not be an issue since this happends after the end of his saga in book 3
For other NPCs dont quote me on that but i recall something in the style of 'fleshweaving is such an unknown thing that most people won't even know a fleshweaver if they see one'
You can even see that in the quest just chillin'
quote:

Aegis: One of the spirits actually approached me and said that he could make me a body!
Aegis: Can you imagine!?
Aegis: I didn't know elemental spirits could do that, but suffice to say, I was curious!
Aegis: He explained that "flesh was his thing", and behold, he made me a body!
DF  Post #: 67
10/11/2019 18:46:56   
Da Awesomancer

I think Tomix said that certain characters would treat us differently in response, but I'm much too lazy to seek it out. That being said, I'd wager that people like Yashta, Riadne, and other Ravenloss characters would treat you differently. Maybe Amadeus too, since I doubt he'd appreciate you doing something similar to what he did in a pursuit for more power.
DF AQW  Post #: 68
10/11/2019 22:36:27   
aceflashwater

i remember you betrayer 123 i played DF since 2008 and no rpg game can replace dragonfable :) it helps me a lot during my younger days when i was depressed
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 4th Design Notes: The Corrupted Seven and the Release of Chaosweaver!
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition