Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Laundergeist!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> The Laundergeist!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/5/2019 17:15:03   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

The Laundergeist!
Granemor, haunted? Nah.

«In the streets of Granemor, a group of knights, Soraya and Mulb the Dwelf are talking to one another.»

Sir Bors: Surely you jest.
Sir Kamoral: ...No, it’s just us. The others aren’t coming out.
Sir Bors: We can’t even relieve half the guards like this, let alone the patrols.
Sir Kamoral: I know, but we have to at least cover the western wall right now.
Sir Bors: I understand the Sir- Ahem, the circumstances, but it’s been hours. What’s holding them up?
Soraya: It’s the ghost again, Sir Knight. It always acts up worse this time of year.

«You enter the scene»

«You»: So that’s where everyone went. What’s going on around here? The guards are ornery, everything’s closed...
«You»: ...and I’m pretty sure I just saw that alley guy run into hiding wearing nothing but beach shorts and a bag over his head.
Sir Bors: ...How did you identify him, then?
«You»: Decapitator sword tattoo across his whole back. Guy really does love that weapon.
Sir Endir: That might be the worst mental image I’ve had all week, and I’m on Scar patrol duty.
«You»: Back on topic, though...
Soraya: It’s the haunted house, $player. A spirit moved in some time ago and started stealing hanging clothes.
Sir Kamoral: I thought that was just an old wives’ tale.
«You»: New to Granemor, huh?
Sir Kamoral:
    If You are an ‘Emoran Knight: Indeed, [Sir/Dame] «You». I came here to follow your example and hold the line against No Man’s Land - And anything that threatens the peace.
    If You are a Demon Knight: Indeed. I came here to... Well, to fight people like you, Demon Knight. Or so I thought. You’ve turned out to still be a great hero.
    Otherwise: Indeed. I recently took up the ‘Emoran oath, hoping to do my part the way heroes like you do.
«You»: I’m flattered. But as a word of advice... Get ready for a lot of stories like that coming true.
«You»: Still, a simple ghost shouldn’t be so much of a problem.
Soraya: The Laundergeist isn’t normally like this, but it’s always worse around this date.
Soraya: Never as bad as this year, though.
«You»: If it’s become a threat, why aren’t General Herous and his men dealing-
Soraya: It took all of their clothes.
«You»: ...Everything?
Soraya: Everything.
Sir Endir: I take it back. THAT’s the worst mental image this week.
Mulb the Dwelf: Pah! Look at all ye porcelain dolls, turned useless by a laundry ghost.
Mulb the Dwelf: Us common citizens just avoid the trouble and keep workin’ our backs off.
Soraya: It’s true. Boog closes all the windows while the Laundergeist’s at large, I do my laundry in advance...
Mulb the Dwelf: Aye, and it can’t get me. I haven’t changed me clothes since I heard of the spooky miscreant.
«You»: ...
Soraya: Ew.
Sir Bors: ...
Sir Kamoral: ...
Sir Endir: Nope. That one takes the cake.

«Sir Endir leaves.»

«You»: I’ll just... hold my breath and go find this ghost.

«Scene changes to Granemor's haunted house, though it has more clothes and containers than normal. You enter it.»

«You»: I see this place is still a creepy mess...
???: ...Only because intruders like you keep trespassing.

«A ghost enters.»

«You»: Trespassing? This house has been abandoned-
Ghost: Abandoned! The cheek! The young masters are delayed for but one fortnight and everyone-
«You»: Listen to me, nobody has lived in this house for YEARS-
Ghost: SILENCE! I don’t know where you get the gumption, [sir/madam], but to INVADE this house like a common burglar...
Ghost: ... and have the raw bloody gall to imply that the damage your ilk has caused is common disrepair? How DARE you!
Ghost: To imply I would neglect my duties so... Rarely in my life have I been insulted in such a manner. Leave at once!

«The ghost vanishes.»

«You»: The ghost seems to have issues moving on. This could get tricky.
«You»: I’ll need to figure out if I should avoid agitating this spook or try to make him see reality..
«You»: I can figure it out while I try to find everyone’s clothes...

«The objects begin to glow to indicate they can be clicked. Every now and then, one of them blinks or flashes, indicating that the Laundergeist is in it. Clicking one removes the glow and has a result dependent on whether or not it was clicked during the right time.»

«Clicking an inactive item results in being hit by a rain of clothes and receiving a turn of -20 Blind/DefLoss penalty (2 turns, you get another turn of penalty for it further click on inactive items) named “Clotheslined!”, with the description: “You’re tangled up in rope and laundry that you HOPE is clean.”»

«Clicking a blinking item triggers a popup and a fight against a spirit of the dead. (such as ghosts, spectres and banshees)»
    ONE BATTLE
    Full Heal
«The pop ups are triggered in order, which are the following:»
  • Vacate this residence immediately!
  • You will depart at once, unprincipled thug!
  • Leave me alone!
  • I SAID LEAVE!
  • Leave... leave now... you will leave... leave or... PERISH A THOUSAND SCREAMING TORMENTS
«As the final pop up triggers, a myriad of clothes fly together in a rotating circle, slowly getting closer and closer together, until they form a golem-like being.»
    ONE BATTLE: Laundergeist
    Full Heal
«The butler form of the Laundergeist appears.»

Laundergeist: Stop it! Enough, I can’t fight anymore... I failed this house again.
Laundergeist: Just have your spoils and leave, thief.
«You»: Hold on, please. I do want you to give everyone’s belongings back, but can we talk for a minute?
Laundergeist: ... You are a curious burglar. Speak your mind.
«You»: Let’s start with introductions. I’m «You».
Laundergeist: Ha! A likely story. And I’m General Herous.
«You»: I’m serious. Could you tell me who you are?
Laundergeist: I’m...
Aldebrand: I’m Aldebrand. I was Sir Aldebrand of Granemor once, but when my order disbanded, I... became the guardian of this house.
Aldebrand: It belonged to my page’s family, and I swore to serve them when he lost his life guarding mine.
Aldebrand: They spread out around Lore, but the two young masters that remained took up arms for the city.
«You»: It’s nice to meet you, Aldebrand. I’m sorry we wound up fighting like this.
«You»: I want you to try to think as clearly as you can, because I have some bad news for you.
«You»: This might be hard to accept, but... You’re dead.

«Aldebrand looks down.»

Aldebrand: Yes, I know.
Aldebrand: My health could not match my will when the young masters left to defend the villages.
Aldebrand: Darkovia had fallen into a four-way war not long after the walls were built, and they feared it might spread beyond the woods.
Aldebrand: Young Richard sought to protect the villages, while his night owl of a brother was always quite the bruiser...
Aldebrand: I’ve been trying to keep the house ready for them, but there are these... gaps.
Aldebrand: And every time I come to, everything is missing again.
«You»: I’m sorry, Aldebrand. I don’t know how to put this gently, but that battle was years ago. If they’re not back yet...
Aldebrand: Don’t you dare...
«You»: ...then they’ve either been taken by one of the Darkovian factions...
Aldebrand: Stranger, I beg you, don’t say...
«You»: ...or they died in the war.
Aldebrand: SILENCE!
Aldebrand: YOU LYING THIEF!
Aldebrand: Chatting me up just to torment me again!
«You»: Aldebrand... Sir Aldebrand. Surely you’ve seen Granemor’s citizens and defenders during your lucid times.
«You»: Haven’t you noticed them grow and age while you remain here?
Aldebrand: No.
«You»: ... Okay, let’s try something else.
«You»: You must have heard Maurinelle sing again, and seen the many new Knights.
Aldebrand: Yes, it’s often her voice that wakes my mind... More Knights guard her tower, and the city...
«You»: Have you heard stories in the streets? The clashing of dracopyres, the coming of Erebus? The marked beasts and the orbs?
Aldebrand: There was once but the one, and we feared him more than we did Akriloth, but... but...
Aldebrand: «You», I beg you again, don’t take me down this path. I would... I would rather forget.
Aldebrand: I wasn’t supposed to outlive them, hero. It’s just not right. I can’t be at peace, I can’t move on like this.
«You»: But can you be at peace letting their memory slip away? If you keep going like this, you might forget them one day.
Aldebrand: ...
Aldebrand: ...No, that would be a worse failure still. But what am I to do? I can’t face them in this state. I’m rarely myself these days.
«You»: I can think of a few people who could help you quickly, but I haven’t seen them in some time.
Aldebrand: If there is a hard way, I will gladly choose it. Toil and effort would help to hold my mind together.
«You»: Then get out of here. See the world again, don’t let it boil down to four walls and a few sacks of laundry.
«You»: You could come with me on a few adventures.
Aldebrand: That might be a brilliant idea.
Aldebrand: You truly are «You», yes? The one who dresses up in various outfits and beats the tar out of miscreants around the world?
«You»: When you put it like that, it sounds-
Aldebrand: -perfect. I can think of no master more fitting while I try to put my mind back together.
«You»: ...Why do I feel like I’m being made fun of?
Aldebrand: I assure you that I am doing no such thing yet.
«You»: ...
«You»: Let’s just go before this place caves in around me or something.

«Scene changes back to the streets of Granemor, with the same knights talking to Soraya and Mulb the Dwelf. You enter the scene.»

«You»: The house is probably still haunted by other things, but the Laundergeist shouldn’t be a problem anymore.
Soraya: Wonderful news! And you’ve brought back the laundry, too!
Sir Bors: Excellent, those are all the clothes stolen from the barracks. Now we can avoid some embarrassment.
Sir Endir: And you all can stop mentally scarring me for at least a week.
Sir Bors: Is everything here?
«You»: Take a look.

«You throw a bag with their clothes towards them.»

Mulb the Dwelf: Me tuxedo!
Sir Kamoral: My «You» print pajamas!
Sir Endir: I’m not sure which of those just traumatized me more, and I don’t care. I quit.
«You»: ...Yeah, I’m leaving too.
Sir Bors: Not so fast, «You». Did you retrieve these clothes or beat them to a pulp?
«You»: Well...
Sir Bors: This is going to take some serious washing. We can’t just drag these into our homes like this.
Mulb the Dwelf: Aye, [lad/lass], you better help scrub these.
Soraya: We don’t mean to be ungrateful, but these DID get pretty filthy... Would you give us a hand?
«You»: *twitch* ...Fine. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you that the butler did it, anyways.

The Laundergeist!

Weapons:
  • Chiropteraxe [L. 5, 15, 35, 55, 75, 95, 115, 135 | 150 G]

Spells:
  • Mystic Laundromash [L. 5, 15, 35, 55, 75, 95, 115, 135 | 150 G]
  • Mighty Laundromash [L. 5, 15, 35, 55, 75, 95, 115, 135 | 150 G]

• Play Again!
  • Guardian Tower!
  • Leave

Write Up thanks to Cray.

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 1/23/2023 17:27:38 >
  • AQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> The Laundergeist!
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition