Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= November 1st Design Notes: Inn at the Edge of Time: Displaced Fates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= November 1st Design Notes: Inn at the Edge of Time: Displaced Fates
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/2/2019 16:32:38   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I've stated this before, I'm pretty sure, but not every challenge has to be harder than the last. Some will be easier and some will be harder. A spectrum of difficulties is healthy, because there is a spectrum of ability among players.

For this challenge, Verlyrus has shifting defenses, and each of the swole animals has a unique ability. They also all have high Immobility resistance. For some, that combination won't be difficult enough, especially with certain recent tools. For others it's still an insurmountable challenge.

Be good to each other, ok?
AQ MQ  Post #: 26
11/2/2019 18:16:57   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yeah, the Inn Verlyrus?'s Immobility resistance distinguishes it from the original Mogloween Verlyrus? and makes it so you can't just chain-stun it to death with pets like Toddler Dragon/Mewphant IX and guests like Sir Leon/Mritha/Raven/Aegis/Rolith. I'd still recommend Guests against this gauntlet because Verylrus?'s damage output and the multiplier guests give it isn't nearly as concerning as his healing and increasing buffs if you don't beat him down quickly.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
11/2/2019 19:02:13   
Kurtz96

I agree as I had more issues with this challenge than almost any other Inn Challenge. This is the first boss I could not beat with DmK.
Even with CW and Chi Bomb I needed some luck to beat him/her. With every other Inn challenge, once you know the strategy you can win every time.

Is Verly's cycle of sword, shield, and heal random? That has an effect on if you win or not.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
11/2/2019 20:25:23   
The Finnish Phoenix

I beat the Gauntlet 15 times in a row with ChaosWeaver without any trouble. I don't know if Verlyrus? has rules regarding his move pattern but never saw him heal twice in a row, so I focused on killing him within a couple turns.

I used Sir Leon and Artix as guests and Toddler Dragon as my pet with 198 Protection, 1 Magic, 1 Fighting, 200 Mischief, and 200 Assistance, and elementalized to Primal Ice.

My non-weapon equipment was initially Distorted Doom Visage III, Leaf of Flux III, Soulmender's Cloak, Soulforged Ring (Blue), Vaal's Ego, and Leorilla Mane Belt IV but after getting Mage's Challenger Belt V I switched to it. My stats were 49 STR, 200 INT, and 196 LUK to round to the nearest crit point I think while just being very offensive, it's my farming setup in general so Wings of the Unraveler III and Tentacle of the Dominion III might've been more prudent but the all-out offence approach worked well.

Against everything but Verlyrus? I used Veraad III as my weapon with Blade of Awe shown to conserve mana for Verlyrus? if necessary which I don't think it ever was and just spammed Empowered Gambit, Untangled and if that didn't kill them outright then a Toddler Dragon Attack or a Toddler Dragon Skip and Sir Leon Final would.

For Verlyrus? I used Soulforged Scythe (Ice) with Ice Scythe shown

Turn 1: Unempowered Weaken, Toddler Dragon Scales, Sir Leon Defend, and Artix Attack. I saved Artix's Pure in case Verlyrus? healed turn 1. If Ice Scythe's special connected I'd switch to showing Scythe of the Unhallowed V on Turn 2 mostly out of convenience since it was higher up in my inventory but Staff of the Amulet works fine and I like it more. If Ice Scythe's special didn't connect then I'd switch my equipped weapon to Veraad III for turn 2 since I'd be sure to stun and then could still proc Ice Scythe and then switch back to my Ice weapon.

Turn 2: Empowered Gambit+Empowered Soul Shred, Toddler Dragon Boost, Sir Leon War Cry, Artix Pure, for turn 3 I'd switch to Thorn Replica IX since I'd be using my guaranteed crit move

Turn 3: Untangle, Toddler Dragon Primal Fury, Sir Leon Final Attack (this would be ridiculous and often do over 1000 damage at this point), and Artix attack which would finish the job.

Hope that helps!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
11/2/2019 21:05:28   
Kurtz96

Thanks for your help but I already completed the challenge and got the belts.

I never use guests so that may be the difference. But the random nature of Verly's attacks is different from any other Inn challenge boss who all have a rotation or conditions. Maybe it was because of the rushed nature of this release.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 11/2/2019 21:06:36 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
11/2/2019 22:11:52   
Azyrinthia

Its random whether Verly will heal turn 1 or 2 or 3, but it will always use 1 offensive buff, 1 defensive buff and 1 heal in the first 3 turns. I may be wrong on this but, after the first 3 turns, I think it keeps the rotation that it uses in the first 3 turns, so it will never heal back to back.
CW + chi blast can defeat Verly regardless of which turn Verly heals.

Build: 200 INT, 150 END, 95 WIS

Ultimate Dragonstaff of Destiny + Uragiri/Verraad, Blade of Awe shown
Distorted Doom Visage
Chaosweaver Cloak (Wings of Unraveler for non DC option)
Squirrel Tentacle (Leaf of Flux also works)
Defenders Dragon Belt XXIII
Tentacle of Dominion
Chi Blast
Legion Bracer

With pet dragon 200 mischief, 200 protection, 200 assistance:
1. Empowered gambit + Unpowered Vengeance, Tickles (if Verly heals on this turn then follow this rotation)
2. Chi blast, Boost (if Verly heals on this turn then skip to next paragraph)
3.(equip Uragiri/Verraad if you have it) Empowered Soul Shred, Primal Fury
4. Untangle (Verly defeated on this turn)

3. Untangle, Primal fury
4. (Equip Uragiri/Verraad) Soul shred, Attack
5. (Unequip Uragiri/Verraad) Empowered Gambit + Slice, Scales
6. Rebuke (Verly defeated on this turn)

The first rotation wins against Verly if he heals on turn 1 or turn 3, the 2nd rotation wins if he heals on turn 2.

Additional notes:
You can die from Verly if you get unlucky on crits, and if Chi blast rolls too high and consumes all your mana. Thats why I tried to find a balance for END/WIS investment
The 2.6k hp mobs can be killed in 1 turn with Uragiri/Verraad. Use Empowered Gambit -> Untangle
For the other mobs, use Empowered Gambit -> Empowered Soul Shred -> Aggression

< Message edited by Azyrinthia -- 11/2/2019 22:25:25 >
AQ DF  Post #: 31
11/3/2019 14:07:53   
Kurtz96

Any other classes to use other than Chaosweaver?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
11/3/2019 15:35:04   
zzzzmochi

@Kurtz96 Technomancer works with the +health resist debuff and high +bonus buff.

< Message edited by zzzzmochi -- 11/3/2019 15:47:58 >
Post #: 33
11/4/2019 19:58:19   
LurkBlackSmith

Nice inn challenge, while I was thinking will the next accident be the fishes of Lore turned into human shaped?
DF  Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= November 1st Design Notes: Inn at the Edge of Time: Displaced Fates
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition