Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= November 8th Design Notes: Drop Bears!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= November 8th Design Notes: Drop Bears!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/9/2019 15:42:09   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

quote:

Verlyrus:

Drop Bears!

Hey there, heroes!

This week in DragonFable, a new notice has been left on the Serene Inn's Odd Jobs board. It seems that something has gotten the inhabitants of Surewood Forest agitated and frightened, and someone needs your help getting to the bottom of the matter!

Just don't let whatever is behind the disturbance get the drop on you!

You can access this week's quest: "Drop Bears" from the Odd Jobs board in Book 3 Falconreach's Serene Inn.

A few bugs have also been fixed this week:
•Completing the Rise of the DragonMage quests :Seeking Advice and Face Your Destiny no longer change your name to "undefined" upon quest completion.
•Fixed a bug where the quest "Chasm" would get stuck after defeating Valtrith.
•Fixed a bunch of Book 1 and 2 text where letters would be missing.

Finally, Dove is starting to feel better, so with any luck, we'll be back to normal releases by next week.

And that's all for this week!

Have theories about the story? Have feedback about today's release, or the game? Having trouble with any fights? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
11/9/2019 16:06:15   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

The reward from this release is really insane as the highest level have -40 All, +40 Health resist along with good defenses. With the new helm, betrayal weapons from AARGH, Hidebehind and the Ring of Otherworld, you get capped at 80 Health res, which leaves at a net -95 Health + All just from gear alone. Combine that with -Health from WIS and Void Barrier from Doomknight, you effectively become a wall that damages enemies just attacking you.

As for the release, this release is really creepy and I like it.

P.S. Get well soon, Dove!
DF  Post #: 2
11/9/2019 17:14:56   
TFS
Helpful!

quote:

The reward from this release is really insane as the highest level have -40 All, +40 Health resist along with good defenses. With the new helm, betrayal weapons from AARGH, Hidebehind and the Ring of Otherworld, you get capped at 80 Health res, which leaves at a net -95 Health + All just from gear alone. Combine that with -Health from WIS and Void Barrier from Doomknight, you effectively become a wall that damages enemies just attacking you.

It wounds me that you'd be cruel enough to post this before I could :^(
But yes, once you hit the cap of 80 Health resistance from gear (Uragiri/Verraad) the +Health resistance from any subsequent -All +Health items is disregarded, which can with the correct gear combinations result in Void Barrier memes making you just completely immune to all direct attacks that don't do >3000 damage in a single hit. This is really, really fun. Demonstration

< Message edited by TFS -- 11/9/2019 20:52:40 >
DF  Post #: 3
11/9/2019 17:29:07   
Vikken101

Yeah, this quest has more end-game lore, also some of the helms have anagrams.
Post #: 4
11/9/2019 18:15:40   
Raphael 777

Some rooms that don't have enemies sometimes spawn a random mob that the Drop Bears snatch away. First time I saw that, it made me spit my drink.
The tribal music makes it even more creepy, though I did the quest while listening to various RPG OST as well, just to see if I can increase the creepy factor. Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Deep Forest also works nicely with it (well, the Weald area of that game did creep me out back then...).

@below: I'm pretty sure they all have the same chance of dropping.

< Message edited by Raphael 777 -- 11/9/2019 21:22:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
11/9/2019 21:05:10   
Kurtz96

Probably a stupid question but do all the levels of gear have the same chance of dropping? It took me dozens of times to get a level 90 version when it should take 2/18 (there are 2 level 90 versions and a total of 18 rewards) or 1/9 chance.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
11/9/2019 21:58:31   
Necromencer

Anyone else see a couple Hidebehinds during the quest too?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/10/2019 2:00:42   
LurkBlackSmith

nice quest, and so will there be more drop bear quests and probably a shown random hidebeind that will crash into a drop bear of course in the background?

P.S. Get well soon, Dove too

Hmmm....the tribal music made think of a manhua I was reading and no updates yet called Wuchang Gui.

Oh yeah, I forgot will there be another short animated dance loop of the drop bear moving back and forth in the future?

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 11/10/2019 2:26:26 >
DF  Post #: 8
11/10/2019 11:34:13   
toannghe1997

I really like the way the drop bear could randomly snatch a mob away. It was also a nice touch when the monsters from this quest are called "startled mushroom" and "nervous tog" who have a subtle, uneasy expression on their face. Coupled with the music and it created the perfect creepy atmosphere that, quite frankly, could easily make this quest an ideal friday the 13th/halloween special.
Post #: 9
11/10/2019 12:38:19   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

Probably a stupid question but do all the levels of gear have the same chance of dropping? It took me dozens of times to get a level 90 version when it should take 2/18 (there are 2 level 90 versions and a total of 18 rewards) or 1/9 chance.

Yes. Everything has an equal chance of dropping. While it is possible for us to adjust drop rates specifically, that'd be kinda silly to make specific levels rarer drops.

Also, I'm glad you all enjoyed the Drop Bears stealing monsters. That was a collaboration between Dove & I that we really wanted to do for this quest. :D

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 11/10/2019 12:39:41 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 10
11/10/2019 14:20:36   
Fandrak

@TFS
If you don't mind me asking, what gear you used in that clip? I would love to try that myself!
Thanks
Post #: 11
11/10/2019 15:21:28   
Vikken101

@Fandrak Verly removed the health cap today, so you cant reflect as much as TFS did in his clip.
Post #: 12
11/11/2019 0:33:32   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

wait, isn't it bad having - in All? Won't it means I'll take MORE damage?
DF AQW  Post #: 13
11/11/2019 4:02:35   
Vikken101

@ergotth Not necessarily, on their own the hidebehind items give you high MPM and BDP, so you are suppose to dodge attacks. However if you are unlucky and get hit, you'll take more damage. Also having -all mean that you heal more(not in this case since the items give you 40+health), if you have noticed having a high all resist mean you heal less.

Thirdly, with DmK void barrier, you will reflect more damage back to your opponent the more -all you have. However that also mean you have to take precautions to increase your health and mana stat, so you dont die when you refect damage, and higher wis stat makes it so you regen more health back. Its a balancing game.
Post #: 14
11/11/2019 6:31:32   
TFS
Helpful!

quote:

If you don't mind me asking, what gear you used in that clip? I would love to try that myself!

It no longer works after yesterday's update, but the gear was Uragiri III, Hidebehind VIII, Ring of Otherworld III, and the helm from this week's release along with 200 points invested in WIS. No other items were needed.

quote:

wait, isn't it bad having - in All? Won't it means I'll take MORE damage?

Yes, but negative All resistance will also increase the "damage" you take from healing effects - Void Barrier heals you each time you get hit with a direct attack, so the idea is to increase the amount you heal to the point where it completely counteracts any damage you do take.

< Message edited by TFS -- 11/11/2019 6:37:03 >
DF  Post #: 15
11/12/2019 3:34:09   
DioHasZero

Did... did no one notice in the original Design Notes post, there's a hidden message?
Mogloween has come and gone, but our adventures are still spooky with the boxcat!

In case no one wants to go looking... Let's just say some people got the hint during the quest anyway!
spoiler:

B E H I N D Y O U

I hope things keep looking better, Dove!
Rest well, eat your vegetables, don't summon any Doom Kitties, hug a moglin plush!
DF  Post #: 16
11/12/2019 18:01:49   
  Starflame13

I have a friend from Australia who has spent many many conversations trying to convince me about the existence of Drop Bears. Not sure if this helps or hinders her argument, but loved the release!

Have you checked your forum inbox? PM Notifications are down!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
11/12/2019 20:35:36   
Flabagast

Hold on, isn't "drop bear" just Aussie slang for a Koala?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
11/13/2019 5:20:47   
  Jay
Marauderator
🧭

Not Aussie slang for koala, but a sort of mythical joke "evil" variation of a koala. Definitely didn't expect to see these make their way into DragonFable, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

This was a fun release and the helm(s) will definitely lend to Void Barrier nicely, even after the cap on Health Resist was lifted. Although I am level 90, I think I might hold onto the level 30 drops for a while longer...
DF  Post #: 19
11/18/2019 17:31:58   
spirit of greed

Bit late but oh well. I really liked this quest this and the hidebehind one both ( i still like the hidebehind's design it's so cool ). Speaking of hidebehind he appears sometimes in here, i wonder why? Please tell me he's still out there! Gotta say i like this types of side/filler quests more than some of the serious ones because it's sort of creepy and because it gives us a little more lore. Congrats Verlyrus.
I know it's silly but i hope the fact that the hidebehind appeared in here it means these weird type of monsters ( i hope we get more ) will sort of team up and be a more serious threat in the future than just some one quest filler monsters.
Anyway enough of my ramblings it was an excellent filler quest: nice new creepy monster to add to the lore, nice eery music. This weird monsters side quests and the one with the emotions is my favorites in this game.
DF AQW  Post #: 20
11/19/2019 2:08:17   
LurkBlackSmith

So when there's going be more weird type monsters, we''ll get a gauntlet challenge heck of something to do and its a free non-da version of the aargh arena and with a funny cut scene of some of them getting antsy that the fighter wants more stronger fighters and drinks dropped potions that they scared off from travelers and get more buffed(from the Mogloween quest) and evenly more bigger but they get denied by the rest of their whatever that they need to be scary and mysterious first. Not muscular and charging. A Hidebehind gets smacked by another hidedehind, a drop bear drop kicks a bigger drop bear's face to the ground.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 11/19/2019 2:10:32 >
DF  Post #: 21
11/19/2019 11:48:34   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

Gotta say i like this types of side/filler quests more than some of the serious ones because it's sort of creepy and because it gives us a little more lore. Congrats Verlyrus.

Inanitas is the one helming the writing for this series! He has a lot more to come in the future with this as well. I'm glad to hear you enjoy it!
AQ MQ  Post #: 22
11/19/2019 12:29:27   
spirit of greed

quote:

Inanitas is the one helming the writing for this series! He has a lot more to come in the future with this as well. I'm glad to hear you enjoy it!

Oh well in that case thanks Inanitas for writing these interesting filler quests! I'm looking forward for more quests like these in the future.
DF AQW  Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= November 8th Design Notes: Drop Bears!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition