Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning player ^_^ again.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning player ^_^ again.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/1/2019 11:14:59   
Demirbaykus

Character Link : https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=22625939
Level & Status : 150 Guardian.
Build : Going for pure mage right now.
Armor of Awe/UltraGuardian Element (If Applicable): neutral.
Notes : I've been away for 150'ish days. I requested a guide 5 months ago, and i've lost it sadly.
Goals : Trying to get better.
Z-Tokens (If Applicable): I can sell my zardnado and forest tent. Which gives me like 1.7k ish tokens I think. Which is nothing sadly.

Thank you for your time ^_^ and have fun. Hope the giftboxes added soon.

< Message edited by Demirbaykus -- 12/1/2019 11:23:22 >
AQ  Post #: 1
12/1/2019 15:22:30   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

First, I have to mention that the stat cap has been raised to 250. As a pure mage, you should be going for 250 Int/Dex/Luck.

Secondly, if you have tokens in your vault or on alt characters, now's the time to use them. Black Friday discount means you can buy token items at 50% of their original price, and the Gauntlets in LTS are incredibly good.

Now, without further ado:

Weapons

First of all, I highly suggest switching to the Staff of Awe. The new and revamped awe weapon is pretty good, and when you align your special to PWD, you still get 3% chance of autokilling the monster. Energy is generally the best no-drop element due to a lack of any exceptional shields or weapons.

Bloodzerker sword is still top for fire, and Mystic Long Talon is pretty nice for wind. For other elements, I have a few suggestions:

For water nukes, you'll want either a water version of the Bloodzerker sword (Rare GGB) or a Kindred sword for chargable autohit. There's also the option of Tsunami Pen which gives a multiplicative 18% damage boost to your water spells.

Arctic Athame is a really good ice weapon that sacrifices a little damage to deal +18.75% damage with ice spells, with the bonus being doubled if monster has Int.

Earth now has a bloodzerker sword.

Morningstar Cross can be clicked on for a 2x damage skill - and when used in Evolved Form (or Bloodzerker toggle) the damage bonuses stack!

Voidsplinter Sunderer and Tether compress dark/harm.

Armors

Your Vamp no-drop covers dark/wind, and Pyromancer remains the best spellcasting fire armor for mages.

Moglord Tortress is old standard, so it has the strongest water skill in the game and can be further boosted by CIT.

Horo Show is old standard with an op nuke for ice. Some time down the line, you may want to replace it with Cryomancer Bloodmage for synergy with your athame.

Terrazerker is an incredibly good earth armor, with +15% weapon damage for a negligible cost and a 2x damage earth toggle that pairs very nicely with Morningstar Cross.

Taladosian has a stronger energy nuke than Tinkerer.

Your WKZ has the strongest non-compound skill in the game. There's also the option of Lumenomancer Bloodmage in UR GGBs.

Kindred is worth noting on its own. It's not an exceptional armor for casual questing, but it can be charged beforehand to unleash a 6x damage skill that follows the element of your weapon and can be boosted by CIT. This makes it very good for cheesing bosses, so it's worth a storage slot.

Shields

Cerberus Ward can compress fire/dark to fit in CIT.

Celtic Wheel is the best water shield for mages, due to Int drive increasing both damage and accuracy of your attacks.

Fujin set shield has a Dex toggle to increase your accuracy.

Cryo Chrono shield may be a better option for ice, capable of inflicting paralysis when you block a hit. Alterantively, you can use Pies. Since Poes now partially rely on Cha, this is pretty much a minor boost to all your attacks and spells.

Morningstar can harm the monster and heal you a little on block.

Dragon Head shield gives a small boost to LS rate. Alternatively, Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM.

Spells

Poelala is a staple and D-Burst is rather good. Warmaster's Burst does the same for wind, dealing +50% damage for an hp cost. I wouldn't really suggest wasting slots on other direct damage spells, since you can deal as much or more damage for a less cost in Evolved Vampire.

While you shoudn't need an earth spell due to Evolved Form's good wind secondary, there are two that may be worth a look. Sizzler 'Splosion deals less damage than a standard spell, but autohits. Knife to Meat You from the latest Mogloween quest is a 1/battle quickcast earth damage spell.

Purple Rain is pretty much a necessity for the meta. If nothing else, you can pair it with SFP's celerity and Vamp's Mesmerize.

Moonwalker's Grace provides a qc accuracy boost by boosting Dex.

Finally, the Token imbue spells from the Warrior Tower may be worth checking out, especially while the discount is still active. For example, Fire Dragon Talon can make your WKZ nuke deal fire damage with +50% bonus, and Dragonslayer Aura makes you deal Void 2x damage to dragons.

Miscs

First of all, go and grab Essence Orb from the Guardian Tower. It's a very, very nice misc that allows for qc conversion of hp into sp to spam your skills.

Pixel Ether pairs with it perfectly for spell spam.

SFP is great for meta, and pairs nicely with either the Time gauntlet from LTS (1/battle qc guaranteed stun) or Love Potion from Snugglefest (spammable qc stun).

Taladosian Pendant grants +10 Mental Potence, increasing your chances of inflicting Vamp's Mesmerize.

Goggernaut Helm is a cheap bth booster, with a bonus that's not /2 for spells.

If you have the tokens, grab the Power gauntlet from LTS. Even if used only once, its qc EleVuln allows you to deal *1.25 damage with all attacks - and with repeated spamming of the skill, the damage can easily stack for some pretty big numbers.

Blood Contract is still the best damage booster for regular attacks. For spell, you may want to check out Grakma Harbinger, which can inflict you with Berserk - giving you extra damage at the expense of accuracy (w/o the usual /2 for spells modifier).

Bell Shell heals a little hp based on the damage you deal. The heal is less than that of CoRS, but Bell Shell doesn't reduce your damage, making it better for FO builds.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 2
12/2/2019 8:09:01   
Demirbaykus

Thank you very much for your help, again ^_^

I do have a question I have two Rare GGB's now, should I go and buy earth and water zerker weapons?

I can try the Ultra rare shop but it is not that likely me to get a Ultra rare shop. But what to buy if i happened to get ultra rare one? Voidsplinter Sunderer looks amazing and surely it'll perform amazingly too. Harm damage is pretty valuable. Zerker armour is amazing too. But I think I'd go for the weapon, before the armour piece.

I keep the rust armour if I don't buy the zerker right?

I tried the GGB thing, looks like i have 5 rares now. So I could go for water and earth zerker weapons.

Thank you again and again for your time ^_^

< Message edited by Demirbaykus -- 12/2/2019 9:34:29 >
AQ  Post #: 3
12/4/2019 7:29:17   
ruleandrew

Grab Tiny void pwny and Loremaster tome (3 spells (earth, void and light) in 1 weapon slot).

Some of your pets should be able to paralyze foes (x chance).

Consider: Dryad aqua blast (water spell)
Consider: Shadowpegasus (2 pets (light and darkness) in 1 pet slot)

You could trade 10 rare golden giftboxes into 1 ultra rare golden giftboxes (https://account.battleon.com/).
You could trade 25 common golden giftboxes into 1 rare golden giftbox

< Message edited by ruleandrew -- 12/5/2019 7:03:21 >
AQ  Post #: 4
12/4/2019 10:36:24   
lolerster

@OP: You should definitely get the earth/water bloodzerker weapons.

@above: Void Pwny is a nice luxury item, but it's low priority if you are tight on URGGB. Bloodzerker and Bloodmage are higher priorities. Loremaster's Tome is good, but I don't recommend them for FO mages.
AQ  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning player ^_^ again.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition