Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mana Economy Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Mana Economy Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/14/2019 2:00:55   
Unlivingend

If you have to go on any missions with many fights, and have no way to restore yourself without the completely ineffectual potions, then you basically lose right there. Their needs to be some sort of balance either enemies need to actually use there mana or let players use a turn to regain a useful amount of mana. Or find a way to give players a fighting chance when they run out.

Edited the title to make this a bit more open ended! What do other players do to combat low mana? Are there certain classes/combos that can handle it better than others? Where do potions fit in to your strategy? Discuss!

~Starflame13

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 12/14/2019 2:59:34 >
Post #: 1
12/14/2019 2:23:26   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

The game have several classes that regen mana or have cheap skills that are still effective, plus guests have a variety of strong attacks that use much less mana that usual for a class of same caliber (such as Sir Leon's final skill, costs only 5 mana but deals a wallop of dmg) and can also recover their mana (such as Nythera having TWO skills that recover HP and mana). Unless you waste too much of it, most quests are designed to not spend your entire mana pool in it. I reccomend investing in classes like Necromancer, Soulweaver and Technomancer, they are very strong and can recover their own mana.
DF AQW  Post #: 2
12/14/2019 2:29:38   
Unlivingend

I have Necromancer and Soul weaver and SW does not have a mana regen and either way I still can't get though the army of enemies the throw at me in Ravenloss book 3.

You shouldn't be forced to play only a few viable classes because a game designer got overly ambitious and crippled the balance of their game.

Posts merged. Please do not double post. ~Starflame13

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 12/14/2019 3:06:53 >
Post #: 3
12/14/2019 3:41:28   
Dratomos
Helpful!

If nothing else, train your mana potions or invest some points to WIS to help your mana problem.

And some classes just are better than others. That doesn't mean game's balance is crippled.
DF AQW  Post #: 4
12/14/2019 3:43:35   
ProbablyCallum

Train mana potions, invest in wis, get blade of awe replica.
Also, just curious but would you happen to be brazilian?
DF  Post #: 5
12/14/2019 4:17:09   
Unlivingend

No I'm from the U.S Also I have half of my training points in wisdom.
Post #: 6
12/14/2019 4:47:00   
Dratomos
Helpful!

It is hard to say more without knowing your level, but many of the classes skills don't scale with player level on mana cost. Which is why training potions (as annoying it can sometimes be) is pretty important. And Mana potions' effects do increase as you level you, as my main account gets 415 mana when using a potion which is helpful.
DF AQW  Post #: 7
12/14/2019 9:48:04   
  Starflame13

When I ran the older version of Soul Weaver, which ate mana like it was candy, I think I actually retrained stats to max out.... Wis, I wanna say? Been a while since I touched my stats sorry xD

I maxed out potions pretty early on too, they heal 400+ mana.

Otherwise my strategy is to use Dragonlord or Pyro, which both have excellent regeneration abilities, but not everyone buys those.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
12/14/2019 13:52:21   
mahasamatman

The Combo of Warlic's Staff / Blade of Awe + Elemental Unity skill (or any class with multiple-hit skills) is usually enough to regain more mana than you spend.
Weapons might be rare, though. (And Unity, specifically, is only for DC buyers.)

Also this becomes much less of a problem at higher levels.

Also also you can always buy 5 mana potions from Nieboheim to prepare.

Also * 3, as a last resort, new Aegis can give you all mana.

In short, there are quite enough ways to bypass or solve this problem.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 12/14/2019 13:53:24 >

His followers called him Mahasamatman, and claimed he was a god.
He never claimed to be a god, but then, he never claimed not to be a god.
Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.
Silence, though, could.
DF  Post #: 9
12/14/2019 14:55:51   
andybaum005

Most classes either have a mana-regen skill, or at least a couple multi-hit skills that can be used in tandem with BoA to regain mana. (MSW for example) You can also use guests and/or your dragon to fight a lot of your battles for you, and also bring extra mana-potions with you before you do a quest. (Which you can get for free by running in and out of the Exaltia Tower.) So long as you invest a decent amount of your skill-points in WIS, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

< Message edited by andybaum005 -- 12/14/2019 14:57:04 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
12/14/2019 16:45:13   
Kyros123

This may just be my experience, but I've almost never had a problem with mana management. Most quest just don't last long enough for that to become a problem. IMO by the time your level 90, WIS just isn't a very good dump stat. You get better value maxing out the damage stat of your choice. More damage output = enemies dying faster = less mana expended to defeat said enemies. Though this is the experience of my character who's maxed out mana potion training and has always been close to or has hit the level cap. Maybe that makes a difference since you gain 5 additional MP with every level up.

Also everyone mentioning potions but there also the Instant Pierogi food which regens MP over time during battles. Since food doesn't take a turn to use in battle, it makes for a nice quick fix if you find yourself low on MP while in combat.
Post #: 11
12/14/2019 20:58:20   
Unlivingend

I have 495 Mana at level 29
Post #: 12
12/14/2019 21:19:44   
Arithonne

Level makes a HUGE difference when it comes to mana issues. Not just because of the +5 MP from every level up, but because higher level gear has more stats on it. For example, I'm currently warring with a level 88 base-mage using not best-in-slot crit optimized gear and I've got +60 WIS from my gear. That's pretty close to an extra (maxed) mana potion's worth of MP.

Defensive play styles can also burn off a lot more MP than going full offense. Using SoulWeaver as an example, since that was brought up earlier in thread as a class with no mana regen, a stun is 27 MP and a shield is 15 MP. This turns the balancing act into a game of managing both MP and HP, but that's easier than just managing MP (for me anyway).

It can also help to have a rough idea of what damage each skill does (i.e. skill x does at least 300 damage at 0 resist) so you can use the skill with the lowest mana cost to defeat the enemy in one hit. Also, a lot of multiple enemy battles have enemies with different amounts of HP, so it can help with winning the fight in the fewest number of turns and the lowest MP consumed.

edited to clarify the +60 WIS was from gear

< Message edited by Arithonne -- 12/14/2019 21:22:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
12/17/2019 23:30:11   
brotherinlaw

Usually, mana regen classes come at the cost of attack power. Deathknight is one of the strongest free-player classes, but is a mana sponge, while Pyromancer is a DC class that, with Blade of awe, is virtually unkillable. Just figure out what you're going for.

Edit: It should be noted, though, that I'm not in expert in multiple classes. I favored deathknight, then Pyromancer, Avatar of Time, then Doomknight, and am only rudimentarily familiar with the others.

< Message edited by brotherinlaw -- 12/17/2019 23:33:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Mana Economy Discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition