Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Guardian Giftboxes Z-TokenCost Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Guardian Giftboxes Z-TokenCost Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/20/2019 21:56:25   
Bu Kek Siansu

Why do Z-Token items have the amount of Z-TokenCost while Gold items have 0 GoldCost?

Shouldn't they have 0 Z-TokenCost?

Surprised nobody mentioned this.

Checked it out to be sure for the Armour Giftbox VIII Z '19, "Not enough tokens to buy."

< Message edited by Bu Kek Siansu -- 12/20/2019 22:37:09 >
Post #: 1
12/20/2019 22:10:27   
lolerster

No idea lol. I guess you are just paying for the 10 levels?
AQ  Post #: 2
12/20/2019 22:33:14   
Bu Kek Siansu

IIRC, Kamui or someone else said that the Guardian Giftboxes have been given for free (0 GoldCost) as gifts.

Why should someone pay it with the amount of Z-TokenCost for the 10 levels?

Free is free, no matter what...

Post #: 3
12/20/2019 23:03:51   
Legendary Ash

Think what would happen if Giftboxes were Token for free, it would just mean players get 10 levels worth of equipment earlier than their character's level.
Token items are defined by the 10 levels worth of power, if you make it free, its becomes obvious that there would be no reason to have gold priced items in the game.
AQ  Post #: 4
12/20/2019 23:29:06   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Token items are defined by the 10 levels worth of power, if you make it free, its becomes obvious that there would be no reason to have gold priced items in the game.

This is an exception because all items are at 0 GoldCost except the Z-Token versions.

At least they should have a discounted price instead of a full price since all the normal versions are at 0 GoldCost.

They are after all as presents, as gifts.

Guardian Giftboxes (since short time) are at free charge no matter what, they are not as normal items.

In this case, it could be better if Guardian Giftbox items Scale to player level like Golden Giftbox items and Package items.

< Message edited by Bu Kek Siansu -- 12/21/2019 0:51:18 >
Post #: 5
12/21/2019 11:59:15   
Shiba

Just remove the Z-Token version from the game entirely. The gold versions are free, every box is Guardian-only, so every one has access to the item upgrader.
AQ  Post #: 6
12/21/2019 21:44:07   
Red Blood

Yeah kinda find a reason to keep the Ztoken versions aside the whole it's just better than the free to buy version, and comes off just as a token sink now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
12/22/2019 6:50:34   
LUPUL LUNATIC

Token versions can be used to get equipment on Adventurer characters with Guardian account as they don't require Guardian status.Pretty much they're only use.
AQ  Post #: 8
12/22/2019 18:01:19   
I Overlord I

Yeah, items that don't even cost any in-game currency having variations that cost premium currency bought with real-world currency is decidedly in bad taste, tbqh. Especially when they're classified as "gift items." Baiting whales on Christmas is pretty anti-Christmassy (unless that's an inadvertent social commentary about what "Christmas" has devolved to in this aggressive consumerist culture of ours, but somehow I doubt that).

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 12/22/2019 18:08:41 >

“Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.”
AQ  Post #: 9
1/5/2020 16:32:53   
CHAIML

There were instances when the actual in-game amount of the gifts were so high that I knew I wouldn't be able to farm enough to get them before they were removed from the shop.

In those instances, it was easier to get the z-token versions which were the same power level.
AQ MQ  Post #: 10
1/5/2020 16:47:20   
zekefreed777

I remember I wasn't able to get Pixel Hero way back when specifically because I didn't have enough gold for it, so I'm sort of glad Z-token variations were introduced as mentioned above in previous instances. It's even nicer that they cost 0 gold, so thank you for the updates staff!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
1/5/2020 16:52:19   
CHAIML

I will say I never understood why "gift boxes" cost money in the first place.

You buy a gift for someone else.

If a gift is given to you, it should always be free.
AQ MQ  Post #: 12
1/5/2020 17:47:33   
Aura Knight

Weren't the giftboxes free this time? Aside from the token ones.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
1/5/2020 18:18:11   
CHAIML

Yes.

I was talking about the uses that the z-token items had previously.
AQ MQ  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Guardian Giftboxes Z-TokenCost Discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition