Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Gift Delivery Finale + New Year's Gear

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Gift Delivery Finale + New Year's Gear
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/7/2020 16:55:52   
zekefreed777

Would love to know what the reference is for the giftboxen. I like all of it so far lol.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 101
1/7/2020 17:02:48   
FallenAngel
Friendly!

Ranged variant is now a spear and Magic version is now a...mace?

Armor out now as well and it has 3 toggleable skills, all of which increase damage(by spending SP/MP and switching to an inaccurate lean respectively).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 102
1/7/2020 17:05:08   
Kurtz96

I have tested all the items and other than the misc, I'm not sure what the niche of these items are.

The effects of healing MP/SP are more useful in a defensive playstyle but the armor, spell, and misc are offensive.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 1/7/2020 17:16:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 103
1/7/2020 17:08:19   
Dreiko Shadrack

Shield - Great
Misc - Amazing
Weapon - Decent
Pet - it's like the weapon but a pet, I guess that's alright
Spell - it's just extra damage for sp cost, boring but practical
Armor - neat concept, boosts attacks and spells without elelocking. Would be amazing if the boosts were 20%ish melee each instead of 10%

Overall, not a bad set at all.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
1/7/2020 17:16:44   
J9408

@Kurtz96

It is probably for drawn out battles? That is the impression I get from the whole SP/MP recovering.
Post #: 105
1/7/2020 17:24:18   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

To answer questions about the set's theme or reference: The term 'Hyperalphean' refers to nomadic people, generally mystically capable warriors and raiders, from the far North, who live by the glacial whims of uncharted rivers.

The word is derived from Hyperborea or Hyperborean as used classically and later by such works as Robert E. Howard's Conan the Cimmerian. In ancient Greece, the term loosely meant "Beyond the Northern Wind", identifying people from farther north than Thrace - Home of Boreas, the Greek personification of the Northern Wind. 'Hyperalphean' substitutes Boreas with Alpheus/Alpheios, the Arcadian river god, to alter the meaning to 'Beyond the river'.
Post #: 106
1/7/2020 17:36:24   
Aura Knight

The shield seems too situational to be worth keeping in active inventory but the effect will surely have a use sometime so still worth holding on to. The weapons are fairly decent and the sp or mana regen are great. Especially since they can be boosted by bloodzerker armors for extra regeneration. Misc is perhaps the best part about this set, offering good stat boosts, damage boost as well as defense from water damage in addition to a fragile effect you can try inflicting with a rather low hp cost on that. The armor is good offering the choice of up to 3 toggles which boost your outgoing damage. A pretty nice choice for a warrior I'd say. Spell is nothing special but if you want a damaging water spell for your mage it's a good option. No effect on it aside from extra damage due to an addition sp cost along with the mp cost to use it. The pet is a bit disappointing. While a sp or mp regen effect you can toggle may sound nice, it only happens on a special attack and if you really want regeneration of either mana or sp you're better off using something that does that without needing to wait on a special attack. Fairy godmother is a better option for example.

Overall the set is adequate and individually parts of it will be useful to different builds, however I can't think of a reason to use it all together. The choice of elemental defenses conflicts with already better equipment. The misc and weapon are two I'll be using with the shield being brought out whenever it's needed for some future challenge fight to avoid dying to a big hit. If the element on the shield was ice instead of water, I would definitely keep it in active but its water and I like the celtic wheel more for that element.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 107
1/7/2020 18:16:49   
Zoulexchanger

Nice items
Post #: 108
1/7/2020 18:24:08   
Ashmander

great stuff. when will the donation items appear? next release?
Post #: 109
1/7/2020 18:44:41   
CHAIML

quote:

Donation Contest Prizes:
Kibbles and his cousin Tibbles have returned home to the icy north, and this week the contest rewards will be given out to all the generous players!
AQ MQ  Post #: 110
1/7/2020 19:01:22   
Macho Man

Awesome set, I was bored of my water options so this will do greatly. I agree pet is underwhelming but everything else is good
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
1/7/2020 19:05:54   
Dreiko Shadrack

The only thing I'd potentially change about it would be to make the armor FD (because FO already has plenty of water options) OR make the boosts use 20% melee instead of 10%
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
1/7/2020 19:11:30   
Conspiracy

Misc is really good. It replaces Greater Water Orb in my inventory. Same 20% damage bonus, but extra INT and knocks off 40 END.

Shield is situational, so it will depend on what I'm facing before I take it out of storage.
AQ  Post #: 113
1/7/2020 21:06:00   
zekefreed777

@ Cray thank you that explains a lot of the vibes I was getting from the art that I couldn't quite narrow down completely.

I can see myself coming up with some crazy combos with this set and my build :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 114
1/7/2020 21:07:11   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Certainly is a very nice set indeed. Lots of fun to be had.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
1/7/2020 21:13:05   
Kay Oh

I'm not a fan of the armor art. Idk why all muscular armor in AQ look so weird, especially on female characters. My women looks like she's been on a cycle all her life. You gotta make a better female version Hollow, muscular, sure, but more slim, ya kno? :P

I like the armor's effects, even though the armor doesn't compete with the current zerk options. That power creep really limits the potential of future armors like this :/ Wouldn't be opposed to a buff to make it relevant among the other armors.
Love the shield.
Not a fan of the weapons. I wouldn't rely on a chance proc for a MP/SP regen, I'd rather use other sources. So this effect is pretty impractical.
Pet is okay, wasn't expecting that much.
Misc is good.
Spell is meh due to already existing spell nukes (cysero's booth), but it's great for the players that haven't bought that package.
So all in all, I'll probably only make use of the shield, sadly.

I mainly enjoy the art, so it's a meh year for me. Hopefully the donation items will not disappoint!
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 116
1/7/2020 21:40:37   
lolerster

Armor: Decent, but outclassed by Bloodmage/Bloodzerker/Subrace/Kindred. Then again, what isn't.
Shield: Uh, too situational. I can't think of a fight where the effect matters.
Spell: Nice burst spell. Cysero's Explosive Teleport Booth is better because of the compression, but this is a close second. That being said, spells these days are outcalssed by armor skills.
Pet: Not bad. Nothing special.
Weapon: Decent. It does not restore anything (and therefore has no damage penalty) on the special if you have more than 80% of your SP/MP. As such, you can usually choose the toggle to avoid the damage penalty. The actual heal itself is quite strong, but again, nothing special.
Misc.: The strongest item of the lot. Gives you a bit of extra burst.
AQ  Post #: 117
1/7/2020 22:06:33   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Haven't really taken the time to play around with them but I for one an happy to see a water dragon to add to my load-out

The shield, I can see that having some strategic use in the future either via combo or simply dodge am important attack. It's maybe not the shield of shields but it's an effect to remember.

Misc...boost wise I have better but the fragile again can easily have uses later.

edit: a little late but guys again never sell these right after opening, there are always people regretting it after new things are learned or combo'ed. Waiting won't kill you

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 1/7/2020 22:11:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
1/7/2020 22:52:56   
ruleandrew

Try this combination:
(Thunder lord's staff) + (Hyperalphean barbarian) + (Vidrir's judgement) + (Thunder lord's ravens) + (Baleygr's omen) + (Summon poelala)

You need to use all three (Hyperalphean's barbarian armor) skills and ensure (Thunder lord's staff) and (Thunder lord's ravens) is set to burn mode.

< Message edited by ruleandrew -- 1/7/2020 23:01:15 >
AQ  Post #: 119
1/8/2020 5:41:23   
CH4OT1C!

My opinion currently...

Delivery Set

Weapon: This is a lovely item. The major problem with autohit weapons like Kusagani Sword was their lack of versatility. You don't really require the dodge bypass for most of the monsters in the game, so keeping it permanently in your inventory only really limits your damage output. The toggle alone makes this worth using in the inventory. The burn mode is also really interesting. The effectiveness is somewhat limited by the lean independent nature of DoT effects (a flaw with the suggested setup posted by @ruleandrew above), but is never a bad thing to have. I love the unique concept. The only thing I would say was a 100-proc within the three would have been useful given the FD armour.

Armour: I completely understand the direction this armour is taking the set. I know some people want to see this in FO, but I think it works better with FD (again, because of the lean independent nature of DoT). The MC effect into the access of a burn skill totally fits with the burn stacking concept. Not everyone wants a FD DoT setup, but this makes the most of the burn damage you deal.

Shield: Not really fond of this. We've had similar kinds of effects in the past, like the Fruitcake Wreath, regenerating more SP when the foe is under a specific status condition. In 2015 this wasn't too bad (although there were still better options). Nowadays, we have a number of ways to significantly regenerate SP (we just got some with the giftbox set) and so the small SP regen provided by the shield is fairly unnoticeable. I feel like another idea, maybe inflicting burn when blocking an attack, would be more useful.

Spell: This is similar to the weapon, in that it it's more useful than your standard autohit spell because it pays HP to cover the damage penalty. Really cool concept and I love how we're starting to see HP costs being used for other stuff. Extra damage for burning foes is also great. A wonderful item, best used in FD setups to take advantage of those burns for +10% damage too).

Pet: Another fantastic item, getting to toggle between damage and burn (with the small HP cost fuelling the potence of that burn). FO wise, you're probably better off with something like Pikazard, who can stun and enable you to get nukes off better. However, this is by no means a bad option.

Misc: To be honest, this feels like a lesser version of Samukematsuri Oni Mask I see the benefits of having that extra burn inflict, but the multiple hit attacks (thinking about the spell) would have benefitted much more from that per-hit style of burn infliction. It's still a good item though!

Overall, pretty solid set. I question how many people will make use of it, as I can't see many people wanting to use the FD DoT setup at the moment. With that said, this is a really good way of doing it.
Moving on...

Giftboxen

Weapon: It's basically a water MP/SP Soul Drinker, which is never a bad thing. Lots of competition for water items, so I would probably not use this regularly. With that said, could really come in handy in certain situations (especially when combined with major damage boosters like Bloodzerker. I really don't like the magic weapon's art though...

Armour: I see what the staff were trying to do, but the problem is in the execution. You could use this in a damage dealing setup (as demonstrated by @ruleandrew above). The issue is that a number of other FO items do this a lot better. Using all three of these boosts, you're getting *1.13+20% damage. However, the setup above isn't particularly good given the evolve skills for Vamp/Wolf are boosting by almost twice that. You could make the argument of sustainability, but sustainability isn't really an issue when an enemy is knocked down and out in two or three turns. Additionally, if you're playing FO, efficiency isn't normally at the top of your priority list. I think this would have probably been better as a FD setup, with the boost further fuelling 100-proc weapons. That way, it fills a niche. It's a really interesting concept and I love how they've incorporated berserk (something we were talking about during the Burning Solstice for the war armour), I just feel it's not quite there.

Shield: Shield is really interesting. Only blocking 1 hit means you wouldn't want to use this for a monster like a Gogg. However, it could prove vital in tanking certain hits for a huge risk/reward payoff.

Spell: Extra damage is never a bad thing. I know that some have talked about the more effective Cysero spell, but it's worth pointing out that this is added as part of a token package. We got this one for nothing, and the difference in damage output is pretty small. It might not be the most exciting spell, but it certainly has uses.

Pet: I'm not a fan of this pet. I can see what they were going for, similar to the weapon. If a player is trying to heal MP/SP, you can reasonably assume that they don't have much MP/SP left or they wouldn't be trying to heal. Both the weapon and Pet are unreliable at doing this given the 20% chance to heal at all. The Weapon is ok, because the damage you can deal on that special means the heal is very substantial. On the pet though... I don't think it works too well.

Misc: For me, this misc is by far the best thing we've gotten this frostval. Nothing special with the +50 STR/INT (although very useful) and damage bonus. What really sells it though, the unique -40 END effect. I love these kind of new mechanics, and what's better is that the effect is really useful in battle too. it essentially makes your nukes even more powerful, limiting how much your enemy can take before dying. HP cost as well, making it pretty efficient. I'll definitely be using it in my active inventory.

Overall, the set feels a bit mismatched. I see some elements of FO and FD in there. I can see where they somewhat synergise though. Definitely think that armour needs to be FD. I'm not too fond of the art, but that's more personal taste.

EDIT: I had a brainwave:
Those that I've spoken with seem to pretty much universally like the misc. I can't help but think it feels a little out of place though. Sure, part of the description of the dragon fang reads
"... it allows you to invoke the River Dragon's spirit to leave your foe Fragile!" and it makes thematic sense. However, the fragile effect is used nowhere but the misc. I figure that a way to fix some of the issues might be to incorporate the fragile effect...
Take, for example, the armour. Instead of using the MP/SP toggles to boost your damage, you could up the cost of each a little to have a chance to inflict your foes with fragile. Sort of like a lesser imbue, but you can combine the toggles to boost your chances.
Or maybe the spell. Instead of using the SP cost to boost your damage output, which we've seen before, it could be used to inflict a fragile onto your foe. Thematically it could make sense: Using your energy/mana to invoke the River Dragon's spirit here too. If you have an issue with stacking, you could make it so they don't stack. Alternatively, you could make it so that only the fragile effects from the items in the set stack. It would be a really unique way of making the spell and armour more interesting and fill a niche without changing the theme or direction of the set.

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 1/8/2020 8:17:04 >
AQ  Post #: 120
1/8/2020 8:00:14   
Inferno369

I'm loving both sets, I think they both work with what thematically they were going for which is awesome.

Please don't make the giftbox armor FD. I can see why Lord of Thunder was FD, but FD wouldn't make sense with the boosting skills or the theme barbarian has been given. It has barbarian in the name, every one of the skills is about boosting the damage of the armor, the pet / weapon helps rejuvenate sp or mp for aiding with the damage boosting skills.

I get that we have Kindred and the water Bloodzerker/Bloodmage, but if everything else in the game gets shifted around due to those blood armors we wouldn't need other armors besides those.
AQ  Post #: 121
1/8/2020 8:25:57   
Bolter

I hope they will eventually find time to fix the base and random numbers on the descriptions of the weapons.
AQ  Post #: 122
1/8/2020 9:04:51   
LUPUL LUNATIC

The Pet regenerates MP or SP on a toggle,we would assume the player needs that MP or SP except well the mechanic has it on a proc-rate. It does seem very much as a clone of the weapon in pet form but the weapon regenerates at least a huge amount of resources on special unlike the Pet which seems like a weak execution.

I would suggest the Pet be like this one Vampoglin Lord with a toggle for draining MP or SP based on Water damage dealt,it would be a much reliable mechanic and would appeal more to the playerbase because of that,i know Pets should be used for strategical reasons and this fits the thematic.

Thematically the Pet can call its mother to replenish your mana/spirit based on the damage dealt but could be able to use a weaker form of regeneration since its a baby river dragon.

< Message edited by LUPUL LUNATIC -- 1/8/2020 9:13:25 >
AQ  Post #: 123
1/9/2020 0:57:50   
stratuscone

sorry if it's too late to ask, but where can i find the 2019 frostval painting? and can i buy the "decorate the battleon tree" rewards specifically the thunder set weapons in the painting quests too? thank you!
AQ DF  Post #: 124
1/9/2020 1:10:13   
Aura Knight

It's in the shop at the end of the delivery war. As for your other question, I'm not sure.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Gift Delivery Finale + New Year's Gear
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition