Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= COMING THIS WEEK!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= COMING THIS WEEK!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2020 17:53:57   
CHAIML

COMING THIS WEEK!
Void Takeover - Woolzard:
Grab your sword and shield as you prepare for battle in the Void against the mighty Woolzard! Don't be taken in by the fluffiness, this zard will make short work of any would-be hero with its Zardimax powers.

new rpg game release adventure quest

Donation Contest Prizes:
Kibbles and his cousin Tibbles have returned home to the icy north, and this week the contest rewards will be given out to all the generous players!

Check below to see if you are a winner!

Z-Token Donators List

•Top 25: Sunscale Weapons
•Top 50: Sunscale Shield
•Top 100: Sunscale Circlet Faces
•ALL Z-Token Donators: Balmung Weapon

Gold Donators List

•Top 25: Chaoswrought Weapons
•Top 50: Chaoswrought Shield
•Top 100: Chaoswrought Faces
•ALL Gold Donators: Fenrir Wolf Pet

Tidied up and Digi-tagged. -DigitalX

< Message edited by Digital X -- 1/6/2020 18:40:57 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
1/6/2020 18:06:10   
Deaf of Destiny

OK BOOMER
Post #: 2
1/6/2020 18:29:57   
Ashmander

interesting
Post #: 3
1/6/2020 20:05:31   
Macho Man

Imagine if it could be shiny lol that would be amazing
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/6/2020 20:57:38   
Willowofwish

Let there be a 1/8192 chance that each time we log in and battle woolzard it is shiny and it gives the shiny reward. Shiny hunters, assemble!

< Message edited by Willowofwish -- 1/6/2020 21:01:37 >
AQ  Post #: 5
1/6/2020 21:47:05   
Ryu Draco

It took me a lot longer than I'd like to admit to figure out the reference.
AQ  Post #: 6
1/7/2020 14:18:49   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Great idea folks! There will be a rare chance to battle a "shiny" version of the mob that will unlock different versions of the pet and house guard rewards. The idea right now is the more you battle the more your odds increase, plus there may be some items that will also raise your chances of the rare encounter.

We are also planning a new way to rotate the Void Takeover mobs, something like every 3 days. That could possibly happen in May.
AQ  Post #: 7
1/7/2020 14:22:36   
J9408

Every 3 days? Will each boss have a house painting with them?

I ask because I wonder if that is enough time to get a painting for each before they are gone.
Post #: 8
1/7/2020 14:24:57   
Kurtz96

If you are introducing a shiny mechanic then shouldn't the void boss stay around for longer than 3 days so everyone has a chance to encounter them? Some people don't have time to farm or aren't available for a few days cause of work or whatever.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
1/7/2020 14:29:51   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

3 days isn't set in stone, that may be changed as we start on the project. All the Void Takeover mobs will have a painting.
AQ  Post #: 10
1/7/2020 18:27:02   
Ashmander

as long as logging out DOES NOT reset your chances. i'm okay
Post #: 11
1/7/2020 18:41:42   
Macho Man

Wow I'm glad he can be shiny now, I spend way too much time shiny hunting in Pokemon so this will be fun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/7/2020 22:03:15   
Aysu

This is my first year actually participating in the gold/Z-token giveaway (that I remember anyway), and the first year in a long while that I've played seriously. It's been a lot of fun getting back into the grind and playing through old and new quests. :3

Anyway, I have a bit of a silly question that I haven't been able to find an answer for. How are the Fenrir and Balmung rewards actually collected? Do they just show up in my inventory, or will/do I have to pick them up from a shop?
AQ  Post #: 13
1/7/2020 22:07:13   
Aura Knight

Rewards such as these are placed in your inventory if the necessary requirements to get them are met.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
1/7/2020 22:08:44   
Aysu

Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply!
AQ  Post #: 15
1/7/2020 22:18:24   
Novyx

May I suggest a rotation period somewhere between 1-3 weeks for the Void? Where on that scale depends on how many different enemies are being added to the rotation, but the longer period can help with:

- Users that need time to plan out and prepare for the boss fight, through experimenting to see how each boss works or fetching gear specific for a boss.
- People that may be otherwise engaged for short periods of time; being busy for 2 weeks straight is a lot less likely than being busy for 3 days (less than a work week).
- Maintaining engagement with the game. This one can be 50/50, as people could be forced to wait for (period * number of void mobs on rotation) before they can fight the one they want, but on the other side it can act as a mid-term goal, sitting between seasonal (yearly) things and the weekly updates.

Example numbers:

If you want players to wait a maximum of 3 months for a given boss, and there are 12 bosses on rotation, you'd have a weekly rotation
If you want players to wait a maximum of 3 months for a given boss, and there are 6 bosses in rotation, you'd have a bi-weekly rotation

This all depends on the number of bosses you plan to have on rotation at a given time, and how long you'd expect players to wait before they can take on a specific boss. This can also allow for "rare" bosses by having some number of time slots also rotate e.g.:

Every week there's a different boss, but on the 6th week (before it loops back around and starts again), the void fight could be chosen from a pool of bosses. Say N is a normal boss on rotation, and R1, R2 are 2 rare bosses. The rotation would look like so: N N N N N R1 N N N N N R2 N N N N N R1 etc.

Just some suggestions on how it could work. Also special event bosses like the May 4th fight could cause issues such as cutting a monster's availability short, so that's something to consider.
Post #: 16
1/8/2020 6:57:00   
Ashmander

just gotta love the ghost inventory. lets you get donation and purchase gifts without much worry. just need to get more space, a bigger house or get more vault space or move your other stuff to one of your other characters.
Post #: 17
1/8/2020 9:16:21   
dsDoan

quote:

We are also planning a new way to rotate the Void Takeover mobs, something like every 3 days. That could possibly happen in May.
3 days isn't set in stone, that may be changed as we start on the project. All the Void Takeover mobs will have a painting.

Fantastic. A longer duration is preferable, so as to prevent players from burning through all of them so quickly, then losing all interest in The Void. A two-week rotation would give us months of content to look forward to, and allow ample time to complete the challenge. Quick rotations also make the paintings undesirable. Hopefully, some of them remain seasonal (eg: StarSlayer, Rhubzard), so we have something to look forward to both in the long, and short term.

< Message edited by dsDoan -- 1/8/2020 22:31:30 >
AQ  Post #: 18
1/8/2020 11:17:47   
Zoulexchanger

@Hollow

This may be the best thing I've read about this game ever! Hope to see return of some cool void bosses kudos to you!
Post #: 19
1/8/2020 11:19:22   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

This will be probably be the only shiny I have ever faced and beaten. Looking forward to it :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/8/2020 18:18:15   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Right now this is looking like a Friday release folks!

Imr needs one more day to get the Void Takeover ready, contest rewards should still be arriving later today.

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 1/10/2020 12:10:49 >
AQ  Post #: 21
1/11/2020 0:44:58   
Bolter

mind if I ask, why are both the Chaoswrought and Sunscale weapons only available in the sword form when the newsletter did showed 2 other forms of each (a shorter curved sword and a spear for Chaoswrought, a larger sword and a staff for Sunscale)? It is only toggleable between Melee and Magic and not Ranged and Magic is still the same form just with an aura around it.

quote:

That means for crazy generous players there are 14 possible items to win!

What happened to the other 2 weapons of each?
AQ  Post #: 22
1/11/2020 2:45:53   
Ryu Draco

So will the new PokeZard replace Rhubzard or Mr Frostvale, because he's been there for a while and I'm wondering if he's permanent now.
AQ  Post #: 23
1/11/2020 16:11:19   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The other Void bosses will leave once WoolZard arrives. The release should be arriving later this evening. Imr is a big pokemon fan so she has been working hard to do some cool stuff with the mob and rewards!
AQ  Post #: 24
1/11/2020 17:30:42   
Ashmander

still gonna call this the wooloozard. the rotation idea seems interesting.

edit did not expect this reply to start another page of this topic.

ether way good luck and in the words of the original donkeykong (cranky kong) get gud.

i'm excited to see the new boss

< Message edited by Ashmander -- 1/11/2020 17:34:06 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= COMING THIS WEEK!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition