Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= January 31st Design Notes: Book 3: Ash Reimagined

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= January 31st Design Notes: Book 3: Ash Reimagined
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2020 3:14:38   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:

Book 3: Ash Reimagined

Hey there, heroes!

While we have a smaller release this week for you, it's another step forward along the path toward reworking Book 3's main story!

Last time, Maya in Oaklore received a major dialogue overhaul to help new players better find their bearings and provide direction.

This time, Ash Dragonblade in Book 3 Falconreach has been updated! No longer will he be eternally surprised to see you in Falconreach!

Similar to Maya, Ash now has a series of dialogues for the first time you re-meet him. This dialogue better establishes the setting of Falconreach, Ash's own growth, as well as Falconreach's interactions with The Rose.

His dialogue also directs new players to Surewould Forest to find a certain Rose scout, as well as emphatically advising new players to speak to Twilly and the baby dragon!

This new dialogue also has a "Skip" button that double checks if you want to skip the story before taking you to the end of the dialogue. Ash still reminds you about your dragon, however, because that's one thing new players shouldn't miss.

Ash's main dialogue has also been re-organized. Sulen'Eska, Six Heroes, and The Thorns have been moved to more prominent places outside of the Quests button.

• The Sulen'Eska dialogue now has a restriction of completing "Sands of Eternity".
  • Six Heroes now has a warning if you attempt to play it before completing "Tournament of Champions".
  • The Thorns now has a warning if you attempt to play it before completing "Timelines".
  • The Mighty 100K Scythe shop has been moved to the Black Market Moglin.

Ash has also had some adjustments to his player help responses.

Finally, we have a graphical update for Ash coming soon! (Here's a preview!)

But wait, there's more!

• The Guardians to the west of Falconreach have had their dialogue adjusted to be more accurate and make more sense.
  • In the quest "Tea for Three", a certain diary has had a couple of pages re-arranged in order to fit the timeline better.
  • In "Tournament of Champions: Part 2", Falwynn's dialogue has been adjusted, as well as Artix's letter. Falwynn no longer tells you to ask Ash for non-existent letters, and instead poitns you toward the Six Heroes storyline.
  • In the quest "Darkheart", the reference to The Magesterium has been removed in order to maintain the timeline.
  • Falwynn's Warm Embrace skill now scales off her own HP.
  • Fixed a typo in the time-out pop up in "Darkheart".
  • Being defeated as Falwynn in "Darkheart" no longer locks your name as Falwynn.
  • Guests can no longer be brought into "Darkheart".
  • Technomancer's Drive Boost recalibration now functions correctly. Previously, it was only resricting the Drive Boost for 1 turn, instead of the intended amount.
  • Fixed a bug where pet dragon cooldowns could carry over between quests.
  • Votes for Science, Magic, and Magiscience have had their undefined resists removed.
  • A save equipped items button has been added to the inventory for Dragon Amulet holders.

And that's all for this week! Oh yeah, the Scythe of the New Dawn will be leaving with next week's release, so pick it up while you can!

Have theories about the story? Feedback about recent releases? What are you looking forward to in 2020? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
  • DF AQW  Post #: 1
    2/1/2020 10:41:59   
    dragon_master

Sorry if this sounds awkward, but I was imagining him having an affair with Uaanta. Didn't she ask about ''that handsome young man by the Inn'' after... Sinnocence... I think it was?
    I'd like to see interactions between them, they are kind of polar-opposite characters in their world view.
    DF  Post #: 2
    2/1/2020 15:21:47   
    BluuHorseOfficial

I really like these dialogue changes that are being made. In my opinion, it makes the game seem very lively and welcoming! Can't wait to see the new Ash art in its full glory as well as revamps to Sulen'Eska dialogue, by the way.

quote:

Sorry if this sounds awkward, but I was imagining him having an affair with Uaanta. Didn't she ask about ''that handsome young man by the Inn'' after... Sinnocence... I think it was?
    I'd like to see interactions between them, they are kind of polar-opposite characters in their world view.
    She is married and has grandchildren and he has a girlfriend... or near enough. Not to mention there's an age gap of at least thirty years between them. It's extremely awkward. And I'm the one that's not playing with a full deck :^)

[Falcon’s Nest DragonFable Discord]
    DF  Post #: 3
    2/1/2020 15:33:28   
    Caesaris
    Void Walker

Ash's new face is priceless, he's looking like the guy from the "It's Free Real Estate" meme lmao :^)
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
    2/2/2020 13:46:45   
    Kurtz96

quote:

She is married and has grandchildren and he has a girlfriend... or near enough. Not to mention there's an age gap of at least thirty years between them. It's extremely awkward. And I'm the one that's not playing with a full deck :^)

Age is just a number Plus does he really have a girlfriend when said girl is a light spirit that isn't even corporeal most of the time?

If I start a new character, do I get dropped into book 3? Wouldn't it make more sense for new players to start in book 1 and work their way up linearly? Sure they miss new storyline quest releases but those don't make sense unless you are already up to date anyways.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 2/2/2020 13:47:00 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
    2/3/2020 12:18:48   
      Verlyrus
    DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

If I start a new character, do I get dropped into book 3? Wouldn't it make more sense for new players to start in book 1 and work their way up linearly? Sure they miss new storyline quest releases but those don't make sense unless you are already up to date anyways.

You have the option to start in Book 1 or Book 3. Book 1 is quite complete and consistent in terms of quality and direction, while Book 3 is a bit aimless in the early half.
    Thus, we decided to focus on Book 3 first for the major re-write/re-vamp.
    This has the goal of making Book 3 more inviting for players who choose to start in it, rather than being the confusing, directionless mess that it was before.
    AQ MQ  Post #: 6
    2/3/2020 13:17:11   
    BluuHorseOfficial

quote:

Age is just a number Plus does he really have a girlfriend when said girl is a light spirit that isn't even corporeal most of the time?

I was referring to Aria lol, also Uaanta's still married though her husband's on another side of the world

quote:

While I agree with this and all players should ideally begin their journeys in Book 1 for the future stories (like Tomix and Calamity) to come off better, this is a direction they really want to take and from the looks of the reimaginations, it's coming off really well! I'm gonna hold that thought and wait for a few more reimaginations so the story gets better narrated and think about if starting in Book 3 would be a reasonable course of action too.

The only real issue that I face with book 3 is the lack of usable classes from the start of the game. You get your Base Class (not so great), ChW if you can spare DCs, and then ACCL (bad and hard to get). Book 3 has harder quests and bosses, and if you start in Book 1, you get access to Technomancer and Ninja and DeathKnight, which are all super useful for questing. Perhaps if SW was trainable through Tomix in Book 3 so one could gain access to MSW to help with questing, Ranger was trainable from Zhoom in Duat (post freeing him from the Emperor), Pirate was trainable from Rhubarb in Osprey, Technomancer through Eirn in the Void Ship, or Atealan Bases through the Song of the Wind war (at least temporarily), though you won't compensate for the lost lore and story, you're gameplay would be smoother and this is something I would personally like to see. Some of these places you will run across through your playthrough so it'll feel natural like seeing classes in Book 1 does, so if it isn't too much trouble I would like to see this!
    DF  Post #: 7
    2/3/2020 14:12:27   
      Verlyrus
    DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

The only real issue that I face with book 3 is the lack of usable classes from the start of the game.

This is a really good point that I hadn't really thought about yet. Book 3 doesn't really give you much class variety at all. Definitely will take this into consideration.
    AQ MQ  Post #: 8
    2/3/2020 17:24:57   
    The ErosionSeeker
    *insert cheesy pun here*

I think it would be funny if the old versions of classes were kept in book 1 and book 3 gave access to the cool new versions.
    It would also help justify some of the incredible power ramps, because 2019 Technomancer is one of the strongest classes in the game.
    DF AQW  Post #: 9
    2/4/2020 23:46:00   
    Flabagast

My boy looks superb!

And I really appreciate these adjustments for the sake of the Timeline, especially in Darkheart. Thanks for acting so quickly!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= January 31st Design Notes: Book 3: Ash Reimagined
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition