Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Zero DEX stat builds

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Zero DEX stat builds
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/17/2020 19:12:13   
tman2177

What's the general consensus of zero DEX builds? Wold it be worth it, for a hybrid character, to zero out DEX in favor of maxing out their STR, INT and END?
AQ  Post #: 1
2/17/2020 19:18:47   
Legendary Ash

A Dex-less build should be using Werepyre subrace armors, which offer a toggle to split BtH and stat damage between Str and Int.
Otherwise, losing 15 BtH from 200 Dex will reduce the average damage output gained from investing in both Str and Int,
Its advised to prioritize Dex over Luk due to the former being stronger in attributes than the latter.
AQ  Post #: 2
2/17/2020 20:23:03   
tman2177

My character is presently a tank hybrid with a dracopyre subrace.
Stats are as followed

STR: 200

DEX: 150

INT: 200

END: 200

CHA: 0

LUK: 0

The reason I asked this question was because I was considering taking out the DEX and using the stat points to boost STR, INT and END to 250.
AQ  Post #: 3
2/17/2020 20:49:07   
Legendary Ash

End is the strongest stat as 200 End gives 77% more Hp, so if you shifted Dex to End, it would be considered an improvement in the defensive aspect.
AQ  Post #: 4
2/17/2020 21:05:59   
tman2177

I think a big part of AQ is experimentation, trying new things and seeing what works and what doesn't work. If you're afraid to take a stat like END or DEX to 0, you are hindering yourself to more standard builds and loose the possibility of finding something better. I happen to have an estate, so I can untrain stats easily, training the stats back up is a problem though; because it's annoying to have to train 5 points at a time and win battles against the trainers.

As a suggestion: I suggest that the devs nerf Grimweld the Warrior. Or at least make him use SP or MP with those attacks that he does. He is too strong (when you do END training) with his elemental attacks. He needs to be nerfed quite a bit to make those battles less of a hassle for players who are adjusting their stat points.

< Message edited by tman2177 -- 2/17/2020 21:06:59 >
AQ  Post #: 5
2/17/2020 21:31:15   
Legendary Ash

Stat trainers are multielemental, and thus require specific equipment namely armors with secondary resistances and shields that are at least dual resistance that defend against their elements, a resistance misc may also be used.
Furthermore, due to the flat resistances of the Trainers, multielemental weapons are an option against them, up to *1.2 for opposite elements, which is a significant bonus.

There is more emphasis on multielmental resistances at high levels than early levels due to resistances growing slower as level progresses.

AQ  Post #: 6
2/17/2020 22:09:02   
tman2177

Is there a guide for multi-elemental weapons and armor? So far, I have 2 pieces of multi-elemental armor. I have fire/dark and dark/light/shadow. And I also have a dark/earth shield. Also, I do need to find some powerful miscs that can improve elemental resistance. I have looked on the internet for a while and can't really find any info that isn't heavily dated.
AQ  Post #: 7
2/18/2020 0:47:41   
Legendary Ash

Optimization Academy of Lore: Builds, Expectations, Weapons and Armors lists weapons by element with multielemental at the end, armors are by main element or dual element.

Optimization Academy of Lore: Shields and Spells lists shields by elements and identifies Dual/Tri/Quad element shields.

Optimization Academy of Lore: Pets and Miscs lists miscs by element.
AQ  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Zero DEX stat builds
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition