Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Devourer Saga Update - Prologue parts 1-4, Status System Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Devourer Saga Update - Prologue parts 1-4, Status System Update
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/6/2020 12:02:01   
  Kamui
 Hashire sori yo Kaze no you ni!

Hey everyone, looking like the other stuff is going to be a Saturday release. Just need some more time to make certain that everything is thoroughly tested and such. Thanks for your patience!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
3/6/2020 15:46:30   
Sqwall

Ooooooh man - this is gonna be grand. Love it! Do you guys have any estimates on how long this is gonna take? Will that replace other releases or is it going to go alongside new stuff? Or would it be like every other week this and the rest new? Some insight on how this whole thing is gonna work and how fast it's gonna happen would be greatly appreciated.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
3/6/2020 22:26:18   
Nameless King

I wish the stats update would be like what dragonfable is you know~Or atleast what I imagine it~Like for example,STR not only increases your melee damage and melee skill damage but also the accuracy of your melee weapon~The same could be said for DEX and INT~Only then could I go for a pure build consisting of each stats~Anyway,just take your time for the release Kamui~
Post #: 28
3/7/2020 1:04:16   
Bu Kek Siansu

^ If I'm not mistaken, that was Kaelin's plan:

Stat Balance Project - With Spreadsheets http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22355704

Post #: 29
3/7/2020 1:36:28   
Kurtz96

I believe that there has been a longstanding goal of making DEX less essential for all builds. Are stats going to be the next thing worked on after status effects?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
3/7/2020 2:52:33   
Nameless King

Thank you for that info Kek~I hope it will be the same as what Kaelin post is next week~Ahhh I can't wait!~
Post #: 31
3/7/2020 2:52:38   
RobynJoanne

Wouldn't that only worsen the current issue since the stat cap increase in which pure builds are favored because of their reliance on fewer stats? Pure builds would need even fewer stats if they no longer need Dex. Shifting boosters to use purely Cha for stat bonuses could probably remedy that to a large extent.
Other builds, specifically defensive and beastmaster builds, definitely need a Dex revamp to free up some stat points, but a revamp will need to do more than just that to keep builds somewhat balanced.
Post #: 32
3/7/2020 14:34:17   
Kurtz96

quote:

Other builds, specifically defensive and beastmaster builds, definitely need a Dex revamp to free up some stat points, but a revamp will need to do more than just that to keep builds somewhat balanced.

This is the main issue right now and what I mean by making DEX less essential to all builds. Right now guests/pets have bonus to hit tied to DEX so beastmasters need this regardless of what they otherwise run. A total overhaul of the stat system would be a huge undertaking though, so I don't know if the devs have a timeline for it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
3/7/2020 15:20:10   
RobynJoanne

Right. Beastmaster mages have it the worst because they basically have a need for 4-5 stats in the game. Even just making pets and guests use only Cha would help a lot. However, that still wouldn't help the huge overall gap between defensive builds and offensive gaps. Rangers wouldn't really benefit from this change.
Post #: 34
3/7/2020 16:11:10   
J9408

My character does just fine as a beastmaster mage. He has no DEX, just LUK. But they maybe because he is a Neko. Neko's give extra bth to pets and guest.
Post #: 35
3/7/2020 16:55:05   
Thor

Mine has no luk just dex, but yeah dex should not work for everything like that and imo the 250 thing ruined a lot of builds
AQ AQW  Post #: 36
3/7/2020 17:02:37   
RobynJoanne

I wouldn't say it ruined builds so much as it made them far less viable than pure offensive builds. As J9408 mentioned, one can get away without Dex. It just requires equipment that's far more powerful than anything else in the game.
Post #: 37
3/7/2020 20:12:45   
J9408

The quest are out!

The misc is seriously one of the best misc we have had in a while. It is made completely for dodging. It works well for glass cannon characters.

< Message edited by J9408 -- 3/7/2020 20:17:01 >
Post #: 38
3/7/2020 22:21:58   
zekefreed777

Even though I am not a ranger, I have to say that bow looks very sleek. I'm going to try out the rewards later, but everything seems pretty good.

I actually played the quests before and after (I forgot to refresh my page for the update), and the new version is an improvement for sure!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
3/8/2020 0:08:05   
Kurtz96

I have a ranger character and can confirm the bow is very nice.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
3/8/2020 1:47:41   
RobynJoanne

The rewards are absolutely incredible! I'm going to use Sight Beyond Sight to take a shot at Afterlifex without Kindred. I've been meaning to beat the Moderator Challenge Gauntlet without using Kindred. If these are the types of rewards we're getting, I can't wait for the rest of the saga.

Edit* Nvm. I've got to remember to clear my cache.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 3/8/2020 23:20:06 >
Post #: 41
3/8/2020 4:44:59   
Primate Murder

Loved the new Ribbers. Their entering animation actually surprised me the first time around, and the art update was absolutely amazing.

The skip button is a very useful QoL upgrade, kudos for that.
AQ DF  Post #: 42
3/8/2020 9:50:41   
Bolter

The new Undead Ribber could really be a nice pet, as well as the Death Roller from the later quest too, could be a wonderful pet.
AQ  Post #: 43
3/8/2020 17:58:04   
RobynJoanne

Agreed about the skip button. It's such a small change, but the QoL improvement is lovely.

Equally lovely is seeing old Safiria.
Post #: 44
3/8/2020 20:30:11   
Thor

Safiria grakma-like call/summon for fire/dark plsty
AQ AQW  Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Devourer Saga Update - Prologue parts 1-4, Status System Update
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition